Jade Mountain Resort
Fond Doux Plantation & Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$330
Stonefield Villa Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$514
US$499
US$480
Hummingbird Beach Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$140
  • Breakfast included
US$589
Boucan by Hotel Chocolat(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$630
US$327
Leisure Inn(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$94
Hotels.com
Villa des Pitons(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$99
  • Breakfast included
Anse Chastanet(Soufriere)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
1,007 results
All reviewsmajor domojade mountainmoon sanctuarystar sanctuaryinfinity poolbento boxsun roommoon roomanse chastanetour honeymoonbubble bathclub restauranttotal romance packagehelicopter ridestar roomonce in a lifetimeopen bathroom
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I recently stayed at Jade Mountain during the week of 10/17 and offer the following as my review.

If you're like me, you probably rely on Trip Advisor and other similar services to read the negative reviews as a counter balance against what might be overly enthusiastic "good" reviews. Perhaps it's the pessimist in me, but I have to see what the "negatives" are before I'll book a vacation anywhere. That having been said, the pros grossly outweighed the cons, (not to mention being Travel Channel's #1 pick of Caribbean Resorts) and I went ahead and booked my vacation with Jade Mountain. To say that it lived up to its expectations would be an understatement, and I cannot go on enough about how wonderful our stay was. Instead, and for the benefit of those who just HAVE to read the negative comments, I offer this:

After returning home from my vacation I re-read some of the negative comments so I could judge, based on my own experience, whether they had any merit. In fact, some of them did. However, I cannot stress enough that many of these negative points have to be taken in context with the resort's unique situation both geographically and to its sister resort, Anse Chastanet. The most common negative remarks had to do with insects and having a 4th wall open to the elements, Anse Chastanet, the service at Anse Chastanet, and the distance between Jade Mountain and their beach. Responding in order:

1) Insects: Seriously? Guys... you're in a tropical rainforest going to a hotel where you know the 4th wall is open. What did you expect? However, before I leave the reader with the wrong impression, JM goes to great lengths to protect against them. They bomb their location periodically with mosquito killing (yet non-toxic and I guess homeopathic) smoke, which is very successful. I saw only a few mosquitoes, none of which were in my room. Next, your bed has a mosquito net around it which is completely effective. Finally, the turn-down service also lights citronella incense in the rooms which keeps everything out. The bottom line is: apart from maybe a moth or two, I saw no flying insects in the rooms. At worst, a bird would occasionally fly in the room during breakfast tweeting for handouts.

2) Anse Chastanet is Jade Mountain's older, bigger, and, dare I say it, less attractive big sister. I say that more tongue in cheek and mean no disrespect to Anse Chastanet. They are a charming, albeit older resort. However, they are a 4 star resort to Jade Mountain's 5, and the differences are apparent. The dining at AC, while good, was no comparison to JM, nor is the decor or quality of the resort. In all fairness, JM is much newer (they've only been operating since 2007), and more expensive, but it makes one wonder how the two can even be related. My hope is that now that JM is completed, the owners will focus more attention on upgrades to AC in the future.

3) JM and AC are, for better or for worse, inseparable. You cannot stay at JM without at least some exposure to AC as JM lies at the top of the hill with AC lying between it and the beach. While AC is fine as a 4 star resort, it's lower classification and price attracts a different crowd. I am not an elitist by any stretch, but neither do I care to vacation with the cast of Jersey Shore, of which there were several at AC. Since both JM and AC share the same beach, intermingling is unavoidable. Still, as long as you can stand the occasional Jersey Shore types, I found most of the travelers at AC to be just as worldly and experienced as those at JM, albeit more price conscious. After all, AC offers the same amenities as JM, at least with regard to the beach and other activities, just more affordably.

4) Distance to the beach: I don't think there is much that can be done here. The walk is about 5 to 10 minutes and it's very steep. JM does everything they can to provide shuttle service up and down the hill, but we found the shuttle takes longer than walking. The younger you are, the less it bothers you - my wife and I walked just about every trip and it really didn't bother us at all. However, for older folks, or people with health issues, it's a tough hike. Again, JM offers shuttle service, so plan on using it if you fall in to that latter crowd.

The bottom line is this: JM is worth the cost. With only 29 rooms, they are able to provide an exceptionally high level of dedication to their guests, with sophistication and accommodations to match. They are a beautiful hotel with a gracious staff, and topnotch, 5 star dining. If you can afford the cost, they are definitely worth it as they try to include multiple activities to make staying with them more than just a pretty place to be. Their Total Romance package includes massages, jungle biking, sailing, diving, and excursions, all of which are uniquely valuable and rewarding experiences. I view the negative comments by other visitors more as critiques of aspects that could use some improvement, but they do not - by any means - justify giving JM anything other than highest marks.

Room Tip: SKY rooms are fine are better than anywhere else you will ever stay, but I would still spring for a room with an infinity pool - just for the experience.
19  Thank Michael L
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I absolutely loved Jade Mountain. We did the Total Romance Package where we stayed half of the time at Anse Chastanet and half at Jade. Jade did not disappoint. We had one of the more "basic" rooms, but it certainly did not disappoint! The swimming pool in the room was very large, big enough that you could do laps in it. You could call anytime for a shuttle to the beach. We found the food and service to be excellent. The view of the Pitons was amazing. We also did not have any issue at all with mosquitos. We loved it and look forward to going back one day!

Room Tip: Any are good
3  Thank Andrea T
Reviewed 25 October 2011

My wife and I spent the last 2 nights of our honeymoon at Jade Mountain and were not sure what to expect coming into it. The entrance road doesn't have great signage and is pretty beat up, but it added to the adventure as our rental Jeep ate it up. When we arrived, we were greeted like celebs and the service continued that way throughout our stay. We were upgraded from a Star to a Moon sanctuary (JB4) which had an amazing infinity pool right down the center of the room and led to our 4th open wall with a ridiculous view of the Pitons.

After escorting our bags to the room, we immediately left Jade to hike the Gros Piton Trail (2 hrs + up and 2 hrs down). It was a brutal hike, but thinking about jumping into that pool when we were done definitely motivated us. Upon our return, the amazing service started all over with our introduction to Teddy, our Major Domo (butler) for our stay, who made us feel extremely comfortable and was nothing compared to what I expected when I heard the term 'butler'. He's extremely generous and truly likes to connect with the people he's working with. Everyone on the staff that we spoke with already knew our names and asked how the hike was (I guess word travels fast), which added to the 'celeb' feeling we had being there.

When things finally began to relax and we'd had a swim and some cocktails, I read all about the hotel, its history, and began to really appreciate the amount of time, effort, and detail that has been dedicated to Jade Mountain right down to the color of the glass tiles in each of the sanctuary pools. The details extended to the turn-down service with bug-deterring incense, tea candles around the hot tub, rotating fiber optic lights in the pool (with an option to stop on one light), and a small cell phone which is issued to everyone on arrival to contact reception or the major domo from anywhere on the property.

If you're hesitant about Jade Mountain due to the cost, know that the level of service and one-of-a-kind environment you're staying in will justify an unforgettable experience. On top of this, the food was amazing too (although the tasting menu was almost too much food!)

We had drinks with another honeymooning couple after dinner one night down in our room and I would have to say that hanging out in the infinity pool, smoking Cohibas, drinking Piton beers, and looking at an infinite amount of stars (with some occasionally shooting past), was definitely a highlight.

Room Tip: We were told that Sanctuary JB4 is a staff favorite due to the location of its pool.
1  Thank aameer01
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We have just returned from a week at Jade Mountain. The sanctuaries are lovely and when we checked in we were told we had a free room upgrade. Though the upgrade room was lovely (JA4) we didnt unpack as I wanted the room we had booked. We had a day to wait but the room I booked had a sun terrace and the upgrade had a full room width infinity pool so no sunbathing area. We were moved with minimum fuss but felt our holiday started a day late. The room we booked was (JB5) and in our view was much better.

The food is lovely but the restaurant at Jade lacks atmosphere as does the actual resort. We didnt want to spend every moment in our sanctuary and due to the lack of hotel pool at Jade you have to use the Anse Chastenet beach. The beach area is fine and we only had 1 day when the boats of cruise ship passengers arrived on a trip making it more crowded. These visitors didnt respect the beach bar rule to cover up when eating or waiting until you are dry before sitting to eat. Slightly annoying when the hotel guests did as requested and the staff didnt manage the visitors well. All beaches in St Lucia are public and we did fine the amount of snorkel boats that arrived daily to be noisy, if I am relaxing I dont want to hear the "whoop whoop" as they arrive and leave. That said the beach staff are attentive and very friendly as can be said for most of the staff in both hotels.

If travel every year on a romantic holiday (ie child free) but I doubt we would return to Jade Mountain. The highlight for me was the helicopter transfer and the view, I would have thought after a week there I would have had different highlight memories.

My favourite place remains The Conrad Rongali (water spa villa) Maldives.

Room Tip: Dont assume the upgrade is better
5  Thank lovemyflipflops
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Jade Mountain is wonderful for anyone in love. With lovely rooms - amazing views from the pool & terraces. The food is fabulous and the staff attentive. It perhaps needs a little more going on in the resort during the day but a few minutes away beneath Jade is Anse Chasnet and you can use all the facilities there.
We didn't use our little phone, didn't want to and didn't need to. A perfectly private break.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple