1,037 results
All reviewsmajor domojade mountainmoon sanctuarystar sanctuaryinfinity poolbento boxsun suiteour honeymoonanse chastanettotal romance packageclub restauranthelicopter rideonce in a lifetimejazzy cruisejungle bikingsister hotelopen bathroom
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I absolutely loved Jade Mountain. We did the Total Romance Package where we stayed half of the time at Anse Chastanet and half at Jade. Jade did not disappoint. We had one of the more "basic" rooms, but it certainly did not disappoint! The swimming pool in the room was very large, big enough that you could do laps in it. You could call anytime for a shuttle to the beach. We found the food and service to be excellent. The view of the Pitons was amazing. We also did not have any issue at all with mosquitos. We loved it and look forward to going back one day!

Room Tip: Any are good
3  Thank Andrea T
Reviewed 25 October 2011

My wife and I spent the last 2 nights of our honeymoon at Jade Mountain and were not sure what to expect coming into it. The entrance road doesn't have great signage and is pretty beat up, but it added to the adventure as our rental Jeep ate it up. When we arrived, we were greeted like celebs and the service continued that way throughout our stay. We were upgraded from a Star to a Moon sanctuary (JB4) which had an amazing infinity pool right down the center of the room and led to our 4th open wall with a ridiculous view of the Pitons.

After escorting our bags to the room, we immediately left Jade to hike the Gros Piton Trail (2 hrs + up and 2 hrs down). It was a brutal hike, but thinking about jumping into that pool when we were done definitely motivated us. Upon our return, the amazing service started all over with our introduction to Teddy, our Major Domo (butler) for our stay, who made us feel extremely comfortable and was nothing compared to what I expected when I heard the term 'butler'. He's extremely generous and truly likes to connect with the people he's working with. Everyone on the staff that we spoke with already knew our names and asked how the hike was (I guess word travels fast), which added to the 'celeb' feeling we had being there.

When things finally began to relax and we'd had a swim and some cocktails, I read all about the hotel, its history, and began to really appreciate the amount of time, effort, and detail that has been dedicated to Jade Mountain right down to the color of the glass tiles in each of the sanctuary pools. The details extended to the turn-down service with bug-deterring incense, tea candles around the hot tub, rotating fiber optic lights in the pool (with an option to stop on one light), and a small cell phone which is issued to everyone on arrival to contact reception or the major domo from anywhere on the property.

If you're hesitant about Jade Mountain due to the cost, know that the level of service and one-of-a-kind environment you're staying in will justify an unforgettable experience. On top of this, the food was amazing too (although the tasting menu was almost too much food!)

We had drinks with another honeymooning couple after dinner one night down in our room and I would have to say that hanging out in the infinity pool, smoking Cohibas, drinking Piton beers, and looking at an infinite amount of stars (with some occasionally shooting past), was definitely a highlight.

Room Tip: We were told that Sanctuary JB4 is a staff favorite due to the location of its pool.
1  Thank aameer01
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We have just returned from a week at Jade Mountain. The sanctuaries are lovely and when we checked in we were told we had a free room upgrade. Though the upgrade room was lovely (JA4) we didnt unpack as I wanted the room we had booked. We had a day to wait but the room I booked had a sun terrace and the upgrade had a full room width infinity pool so no sunbathing area. We were moved with minimum fuss but felt our holiday started a day late. The room we booked was (JB5) and in our view was much better.

The food is lovely but the restaurant at Jade lacks atmosphere as does the actual resort. We didnt want to spend every moment in our sanctuary and due to the lack of hotel pool at Jade you have to use the Anse Chastenet beach. The beach area is fine and we only had 1 day when the boats of cruise ship passengers arrived on a trip making it more crowded. These visitors didnt respect the beach bar rule to cover up when eating or waiting until you are dry before sitting to eat. Slightly annoying when the hotel guests did as requested and the staff didnt manage the visitors well. All beaches in St Lucia are public and we did fine the amount of snorkel boats that arrived daily to be noisy, if I am relaxing I dont want to hear the "whoop whoop" as they arrive and leave. That said the beach staff are attentive and very friendly as can be said for most of the staff in both hotels.

If travel every year on a romantic holiday (ie child free) but I doubt we would return to Jade Mountain. The highlight for me was the helicopter transfer and the view, I would have thought after a week there I would have had different highlight memories.

My favourite place remains The Conrad Rongali (water spa villa) Maldives.

Room Tip: Dont assume the upgrade is better
5  Thank lovemyflipflops
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Jade Mountain is wonderful for anyone in love. With lovely rooms - amazing views from the pool & terraces. The food is fabulous and the staff attentive. It perhaps needs a little more going on in the resort during the day but a few minutes away beneath Jade is Anse Chasnet and you can use all the facilities there.
We didn't use our little phone, didn't want to and didn't need to. A perfectly private break.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Where_I_wander
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Short and too the point. I compare all of my trips to the service and hospitality of Jade Mountain's. Do use their all inclusive option because paying for everything can get pricey.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple