“Nicest Owner I Ever Met”
Review of Captain Hook's

Captain Hook's
Ranked #26 of 37 Restaurants in Soufriere
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 31 January 2018

I feel bad writing this review because the owner was the nicest person we met on the island. But, as a restaurant, it was up a slight hill away from everything and the food was priced higher than the quality. It was, unlike many other options, open for dinner so that is a huge plus. I just was not impressed. Like many other places, nothing was wrong, it was not something I would direct another traveler to try because they are missing a vital island experience. If you find yourself there, you'll get a meal and be fine, but I would just not seek it out. Let me then also add, I hope some people to eat here because I do not want the owner to go out of business. He was literally the most accommodating and helpful man we met in St. Lucia.

1  Thank Rollie B

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Don't leave the Soufriere area without going to Captain Hook's! This place is truly a hidden gem! We were surprised to find that this place doesn't even show up on many review sights or Google Maps! We had difficulty finding it and had to ask for directions from a local. If you're coming from town, take a right onto the main road right before the Hummingbird resort sign. It is in the Excelsior shopping center. Look for table umbrellas. If you get to the first street leading back into the neighborhoods, you've gone too far. This is the only place that we ate at twice. Charmain is the best cook on the island and although she is quiet, once she knows you appreciate her cooking, you'll find that she's very passionate! The menu was limited but we weren't surprised since we were there during the off season. We had the curry chicken for our first dinner and it was amazing! It had a complexity and depth of flavor that other curry chicken dishes didn't have. Additionally, the rice and ground provisions, though cooked simply, were delicious! Charmain also served us a garlic dressing that is to die for! If you let her know the day before, she will even prepare a container's worth for you to take home and will give you the recipe and her number so you can call her with questions. What an angel! For our second dinner, Charmain prepared Creole chicken and Creole fish for us. It was another finger licking good meal! Don't miss this place! Amazing food, great prices and healthy portions! Thanks, Charmain!

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Just a few steps from Hummingbird resort Captain Hooks is the best home cooking we sampled in Soufriere,made from fresh ingredients and cooked to order. We had a selection of what was on offer to share between the two of us and the portions were more than ample. We especially like the chicken and fish in creole sauce. But everything from the noodles with ground provisions to the rice dish and salads were all beautifully seasoned.

It's an unpretentious place to dine in or take away,so give it a try.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

The cooking was good.
My only disappointment was that on several stopping occasions they were always out of something. I mean what restaurant doesn't have cheese? Like really?
Anyways, affordable and can get your money's worth.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

Best food that we found in Soufriere and for a very reasonable price. After being disappointed in several restaurants, we finally came accros this gem. The athosphere is very homey and the food delicous. Very much recommended!