All reviews local plants diamond waterfalls fresh fruit botanical gardens anse chastanet plantation piton flowers island lucia beaches volcano forest
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Where do I even begin....okay let's start with the positives. First of all the main reason we initially chose this place was because of its location. It's directly on the beach and away from all the hustle and bustle, with a great view of the options. Secondly it's affordable. I think that just about sums it up when it comes to the positive.
When we first got to the hotel the place was completely empty. And I do mean completely. I had to shouting good day atleast four times before this lady came out. She was pleasant enough. Didn't ask for I.d or money or anything just took us to our room. In the two minutes she was rushing us off she did mention that the restaurant would be closed considering that my boyfriend n I were the only guests there so we had to resort going into Soufriere town for our meals...which was not that bad
When we got to our room, I must admit I thought it was relatively clean. That was until I looked up at the sheets on the bed and realised that it was covered in dead bugs, mosquitoes and a few leaves. I thought I'd call someone to clean it up when came this knock on our door. I'm thinking these people are getting good at anticipating my needs. Again, I was way off. At our door was a beggar. Yep! He wanted to get some loose change to get something to eat. Way to go at protecting your guests from intruders.
Then came nightfall and we go for a shower before bed only to realise that our bathroom pipes don't work. We get in touch with a security guard since he was the only one there and he in turn got in touch with his boss who "allowed" us to use another bathroom in another room. At this point I'm so shocked at what's going on I cannot be upset.
Morning comes and its hardly seven o'clock and this huge hammering starts on the roof of our room. Yep...maintenance is going on already. Go down for breakfast...not too bad. Met the owner of the hotel, who is really a nice man but that did not compensate for the crappy time we had. So we decided to live the place before it was even eight am. Oh did I mention that dispite all that we were still charged the full price of the room! Seriously! I shall never return there nor would I recommend it to anyone. Unless you're desperate for cheap place to rest ur head for the night.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank QueenB247
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I was very nearly put off staying here by the review which said
"Don't stay here it will ruin your holiday"
I ignored it and am glad I did.
The plumbing was not the best admittedly but the location of the place would be hard to improve on.
The staff were really friendly, the owner David was a top man and my 5 days stay was great!
I'll be going back even if they haven't sorted the plumbing out.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Gareth C
Reviewed 9 November 2012

While at the Still Beach House recently there were improvements being made to Room 5, the redone shower etc. is lovely. There's still work to be done but they are improving. The property is located on the Beach and I could hear the waves lapping against the shoreline from my room. The proximity to the town is excellent and one can easily get around. The Manager, David was very helpful in providing tips and information.

Room Tip: Room No. 3 is absolutely the one to choose
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ermin M
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I still regret every moment of our time at the Still Beach. On arrival we heard people saying " the people they come" so we made our way down the stairs. There is no reception, just the maid and the security man to meet us. Thomas is the guy who is going to look after us we were told. On entering our accomodation the room was very dark. We opened the curtains to be greated by a view of a boarded up window. Then opened the other set of curtains to wooden slats and mossie nets. We had a 4 poster bed. This seemed to take up most of the space in the room it looked a bit silly. This did have mossie nets draped around the posts. We also had a large fridge in the room. Our self catering items were 2 cups 2 plates 2 forks one sharp knife and a small wooden spoon along with a toaster and kettle. The airconditioning was fairly good in the room. You need this in St Lucia. We also asked about the WIFI you get in the room and the maid grunted and pointed to the box on our terrace. All open with wires exposed. Our balcony area was ok and the view is the only thing that has a wow factor. Our WIFI was not working from the moment we arrived. We spoke to Thomas who told us it should be fixed tomorrow. The bathroom was fun, we could not have a warm shower as when you put the hot and then mix with cold. The cold takes over. It was too hot to use alone without cold. We headed down for breakfast. There is no set time for breakfast. It seemed that we got breakfast once the lady had finished her cleaning duties thats when breakfast seemed to happen. Once being told we could sit. A rather rude lady said what would you like to drink? We both said coffee.... we were told sorry no coffee. We have tea... Rose or Ginger. "what would you like for breakfast?" we say what do you have? Eggs... Ok we will have eggs!! The eggs arrived what seemed like hours later and what is put before us.... Scrambled eggs and lettuce. We got this pretty much most days with random fruit and bread. We were meant to be on a romantic vacation and this turned out to be a nightmare. We were told on day three that the phone line is down and this is why the wifi is not working. We are supposed to be staying for 11 nights and by day 3 we had had enough. Day4 we receive a duvet change. We came back to the room and could smell a really strong smell, this smell was coming from the new duvet. It was a strong smell of cooking, like the sheets had been stored in the spices cupboard. We found a resort next to the still beach "the humming bird" thank god for this place. There is a restuarant there a swimming pool a bar and wifi. We met the owner who welcomed us to use the swimming pool and wifi. You cannot really use the beach as there is constantly young lads who intimidate you. We booked into another resort at the top of the island. We endured 5 days of this and I am writing this to make sure that you DO NO STAY here or even worse book the wedding package/honeymoon!

Room Tip: Only tip is do not stay here
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jemstars1
Reviewed 20 July 2012

First off being an Islander I'm very familiar with the island living. I say this because I don't want anyone to think this is a spoil American wanting behond. We spent 2nights & 3 days (July 2012) at the Still I regreted every minute of it. We call the Onwer David to confirm our reservation the day before because family/friends wasn't aware the Still was still open. We got David which he promise to call back but he never did (hint to run). We checked in to a nasty bathroom (pic's posted), no iron which the staff call David to bring one David promise he would but we never got it grant it this request was made mid day. My boyfriend and I had dinner reservation for 8pm and didn't know how we was coming to look appropriate without press clothes. Since this is only a 5 room hotel we walked around to see if other guests had an Iron but we only from one of the guest sitting by the bar upset because their toilet was over flowing ang since the Staff ALL leaves at 4pm and David is no where to be found she and kids couldn't use the toilet. Thank God for the Humming Bird Hotel next door that borrowed us an Iron (at no charrge) and they also borrow us a plug converter because the Still couldn't accommodate USA plugs. The biggest problem I had is, none of the rooms had telepones. There is one phone at the Still and it's in the Staff area which they ALL leaves at 4pm. It's very unsafe to have guest staying at your hotel and they do not have access to a phone, very very unsafe. Oh but wait we did see a secruity guard on site which of course advise us he couldn't do anything for us. When we asked him to call the Owner David, he said he couldn't and that he was in Castries (which is an hour drive). The menu was only chicken w/chow mein or fish w/chow mein but please eat before 4pm. Once again Thank God for the Humming Bird next door who is fully staff and stop serving dinner at 10pm with choices on their menu. For only a 5 rooms motel (yep it shouldn't be class as a beach house or hotel) the staff should have a better handle on the up-keep of the rooms. But one of the staff Shera was really nice. People pay alot of money to come and enjoy themselves they should get better service.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple