1,382 results
All reviewshilltop dream suiteheated poolparadise ridgerecommend laderagros piton suiteour honeymoonheritage suitechef nigelbeach packagest luciadasheene restaurantopen airsugar beachopen wallvisited laderasoufriere experiencetree frogs
Reviewed 1 September 2015

We booked this resort for three nights following our wedding and a week of island hopping aboard the Sagitta via Island Windjammers. If you like tall ships and exploring the Caribbean, I cannot recommend Island Windjammers more!

Back to Ladera... The rooms are open air with the most breathtaking view of Jalousie Bay and the Pitons. There is no air conditioning so the nights can be a bit on the warmer side but there is a ceiling fan above the bed and they will bring you a stand fan if you request it. I was concerned we would have issues with hearing our neighbors (which was not an issue) but the sound of the frogs and insects at night is so soothing so sleep came easily to us. Each room has its own private plunge pool and there is a pool right next to the Dasheene restaurant, which was amazing.

My husband's back had tightened up on him so we got him a therapeutic massage that was a trip saver. He said it was worth every penny and then some! We also booked a zip lining tour through the concierge (who were so helpful and accommodating) which was a ton of fun. The purpose of the days at Ladera were to have some relaxing time to ourselves... a little snorkeling at Sugar Beach down below the resort and Ladera delivered.

We booked through Costco Travel and I am so glad we did. As Executive Members we received a $100 resort credit as well as a great deal on the room as well. For a couple looking to reconnect and relax, this is a wonderful place to be.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Girlietomboy
Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

My fiancé and I added three days on to the beginning of our Weddingmoon to try and avoid tropical storm Erika, and I booked three nights at Ladera. There simply are no words to describe the beauty of the Pitons and Caribbean Sea as seen from this resort. Every view is simply stunning. The rooms are gorgeous and the open 4th wall makes you really feel at one with your surroundings. Meals at Dashenne are delicious and every staff member we interacted with was warm and helpful. I would recommend this resort to anyone. You will not be disappointed.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2015

I will never forget this hotel. All the suites are carved into the surrounding hillside overlooking the island’s iconic twin Pitons. The fourth walls are missing so you can enjoy the breathtaking views and sunsets! Each suite also has a private plunge pool!
You have to see it to believe it! I was speechless when we entered our suite.
All the meals I had in the restaurant (Dasheene) were incredible. Of course the view from there is as stunning as the rooms.
I would love to return one day!

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank swedishmia
Reviewed 31 August 2015 via mobile

When we first arrived you only get to see the streets the green and the view from a car. Even when we arrived to the resort we could see a bit but nothing like what awaited us. We were greeted with kindness and taken to our room with a full tour of the place .. When we got to our room it was in the hilltop x5 to be exact and it was marvelous! To be honest the hotel couldn't have been built in a better location so I doubt there are any bad rooms! It was completely open while the mosquito net served as my protector! It was a truly amazing experience .. The staff was friendly and helpful they made it a point to remember our names.. Jerma our server for breakfast and lunch always had it down!
We had a taxi driver Called super Dave that picked us up from the airport hassle free .. He took us to eat lunch .. And also took us to the sulfur springs and the diamond botanical gardens .. He even took us to the Friday night fish fry! All amazing experiences. He was a fair priced driver and trusting. All in all Ladera is a must go must see once in your life if not more..
Thank you for my memories! Cheers To one of the most beautiful places in the world!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2015

This hotel has the most amazing position; right between the Pitons, with an uninterrupted view of them. It has lovely gardens and the rooms are amazing; having no fourth wall. But you do have to like bugs, and frogs and bats and birds, because they will all come into your room at night. On the last night we were upgraded to X1, which has a huge private pool with a swing. Brilliant.
There is lots to do in the area and you can walk to some places. Do not try to walk to the beach, far too far and very steep up and down, and we were made to feel very unwelcome, by Sugar Beach when we got there.
The vast majority of people there were American honeymooners.... but don't let that put you off.

Room Tip: All rooms have the amazing view
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple