All reviews petit piton chef david piton view walk into town st lucia ceiling fan small hotel local beach shrimp botanical gardens fish cakes mosquito netting standing fan snorkeling equipment black sand beach soufriere bay breakfast was included
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Great time. My wife & I stayed for 3 days. Our room was clean & airy. Good bed. Their was no air AC in our room. We did not need it. Good screens on the windows & the mosquito netting. We were not bothered by bugs.Location is great with wonderful views of the Pitons. This place is quaint & quiet. Although only on Friday night, you could hear the music from the club in town until 2:00 am. It did not bother us much. Excellent restaurant although not cheap. The entire staff is very friendly This made our stay very pleasant. Easy walk into Soufriere. Great town to explore. Lots of bars & restaurants & the locals are friendly.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kayak555
Reviewed 15 March 2018

This is a small hotel on the southern tip of the island away from the expensive more usual resorts in the north, owned by a lovely woman from St. Lucia, with good food, a very friendly staff, in walking distance of the town of Soufriere, and right on a local beach. The staff will help you get a taxi by boat or car, rent you snorkeling equipment, and are all courteous and lovely. My husband and I met other artist types (like us) staying there. The restaurant and pool and many of the rooms view the dramatic Pitons as well as the harbor. Hummingbirds buzz around the hummingbird trees. Near all the great sites.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Suzanne M
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

My Fiancé and I heard good things about the Hummingbird resort and also their restaurant and knew we would stop in at least once on our visit in Soufriere. We came in one night pretty late after a day of snorkeling and being wet, it was pretty late. Chef David wasn’t in the kitchen, the place was empty from being so late and he was hard at work with his Batiks. He’s not just a chef but an amazing artist! Batiks are a very ancient way of painting with wax and as David will tell you there’s way too many fakes out there! He welcomed us right in and introduced himself and his young daughter. We hit it off with David right away!
His are are REAL deal and absolutely amazing and beautiful. My fiancé and I got to meet and speak with David for quite some time and he explained the whole process of the Batik painting. We soon went from artwork to food and many other topics that we shared or were familiar with. We must’ve BS’ed with David and his beautiful daughter Devanie for over 2 hours before we realized that we were starving and had came to eat from all the good recommendations on his restaurant. He cooked my fiancé and I a late night dinner and hung out afterwards and talked even more. David was a Great host and an even better person. He invited us back to use to the beach, to chill at the pool, showed us his villas and even brought us up to his own property and showed us where he grew all his own fruits and vegetables for his families use and for the restaurant. Miss Joyce his mother and his daughter Devanie where there and just as David is, are super warm and welcoming people! We must’ve ate at his restaurant at least 3X on our Soufriere vacation. We loved hummingbird beach the best and especially on Sundays, when all the local kids come down to play soccer and swim. If your daring enough join in on a game with them and even go cliff jumping, it’s a quick swim off the community pier. Our last day in Soufriere my fiancé Callie and I had an EPIC trip fishing for her birthday. We caught everything from blackfin tuna, yellowfin tuna, wahoo, and blue marlin. The marlin we released but we shared the rest of our catch with our Soufriere friends and David and his family were defiantly one of them!
We brought him a whole yellowfin tuna and he made us up the best tuna dinner I’ve ever had in my life! We had tuna ceviche, tuna cakes, and grilled yellowfin tuna. David and his staff were amazing to Callie and I the entire time. I made sure to bring a bunch of Batiks home for my fiancé and I and for others since they were soooo beautiful and unique, a great way to give a friend or family member something unique from St Lucia! I highly recommend staying at Hummingbird Resort and definitely eating at David’s restaurant if you have chance while in Soufriere. The atmosphere , landscape, and people were amazing! Thanks

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ben_SINY
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Watching the hummingbirds as we enjoyed lunch was enjoyable. We had lunch there which was good, but in hindsight it would have been the perfect resort to stay at. We spent two weeks in St Lucia (one near Soufriere, one in Rodney Bay) and realized that the best attractions were close to Soufriere. Travelling those twisted mountain roads is something that can be minimized by staying here. Resort was reasonably priced and close to our favourite places. We arranged for Lynel’s taxi to take us to the Diamond Botanical Gardens, The Tet Paul Trail, Toraille Waterfalls and drive in volcano. We also enjoyed the Mourne Coubaril Estate Tour and the downtown experience, all of which are closer to Soufriere than Rodney Bay. This was a much more economical way of doing the tours than travelling down from Rodney Bay and loosing a good portion of your day in travel time.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank cycle9675
Reviewed 13 February 2018

We really enjoyed our stay and it was just what we were looking for versus large resort. few tips: if you can bring some folding chairs for the beach (and if you go to other beaches). The restaurant is excellent and for a low key, inexpensive but good meal, we also walked down to pier 28 a few nights. Do not go on the last Saturday of the month (it's a noisy celebratory tradition that goes at least until 3-4 am). It was just a wonderful chill spot for relaxing and a good location to get to the springs, botanical garden, and volcano. It is family owned and run and they truly do care right down to the front desk person! If your door has a gap at the bottom (and this is island wide, not the hotel), roll a towel and put it against the door on the floor to keep the out the geckos, etc. Bring bug spray and at least a 50 SPF sun block and HAVE A GREAT TIME.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple