“Wonderful”

Ranked #6 of 86 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Price range: US$4 - US$23
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Relaxed International dining with warm Caribbean customer service! Amazing views over Rodney Bay with a lovely cool Breeze all day and night.
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

This was our favorite meal in St Lucia! The service was amazing. Good was yummy. Cool views and a nice breeze. Highly recommend.

112matthewss, Owner at Matthews Rooftop, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Hello AshB, this is a lovely review and great to hear we made your favorite !

Reviewed 14 July 2018

This seemed to us almost like a St Lucian TGIFrdays. The men variety was really good. Everything was really clean and nice. The upstairs location has great breezes and over looks night life on the street below. Very nice experience.

112matthewss, Owner at Matthews Rooftop, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Hello Randy, great review and nice to hear...we are modern and forward thinking and its nice to be recognised and much appreciated !

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Ordered the fajitas and they were steaming good! The staff are as friendly as ever, and the total bill was very reasonable. Matthews and his wife, the owners, are also great to hang out with. All in all a place I will visiting regularly.

Hello Habib, thanks for this brilliant review and great to hear !!

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I have been vegan and vegetarian for the last 20 years, and this is the WORST food experience that I have ever had. I ordered the black bean burger, naked with fried. The burger arrived. It was thick and clearly grilled, but it did not look like it was made from black beans. It was more beige/orange looking. I cut it with a fork, and it was like paste. Actually a paste without a taste!

I ate the fries and salad but returned the burger with only a bite taken. I explained to the chef that the burger lacked taste and was just pasty. I was offered a dessert which I declined, because I do not eat that much sugar. Ultimately the establishment provided me with a 10% discount. I was not asked if I wanted to order something else from the menu.

I am very disappointed and I will not return.

C....

1  Thank C_Abeo_Jones
112matthewss, Owner at Matthews Rooftop, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Hello C_Abeo, very sorry to hear this. The spicy bean burger generally is good and doesnt get compliants but i will look in to this matter, i was of the understanding the chef offered to replace your meal.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

I was here with the family on sunday for lunch. The service and food was spectacular, especially the lamb rack and steaks. We all had the banana flambe for desserts. The restaurant is beautiful and one of the best on our island.

112matthewss, Owner at Matthews Rooftop, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Hello Louis, this is a really good review and will pass on the compliments to the staff !