Beach Cross Villa Apartments(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$93
Bay Gardens Inn(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$116
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

US$304
US$201
Hotel Chez Marie Alish(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$75
US$65
Orbitz.com
US$115
US$108
The Ginger Lily Hotel(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$122
Alize Inn(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
US$136
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$670
US$993
US$376
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$438/night.

6,796 results
All reviewsle jardinplum treewater sportsbanana boatsunset loungecalypso catadult pooljoy's cruisehilltop pooljoy cruisepalms buffetwednesday nightrum barchoc baywater skiingtennis courtskids club
Reviewed 16 January 2016

I spent months plotting and planning to travel there with my husband. He does not like to travel at all, and though it was our 5th anniversary, he had only travelled to Jamaica and hoped to go there again. I used this trip to challenge him to spread his wings and try another island and Caribbean experience. He continues to rave to this day about our experience there. The food was outstanding, the talent stupendous (i.e. steel band, fire eater, dancers, singer, piano player in the lounge). The grounds were immaculately kept, staff were pleasant and helpful. The rooms were clean spacious. We loved our balcony. The staff were dilligent in housekeeping, the fridges stocked with alcohol in the fridge. A complimentary champagne bottle awaited us on our arrival. The daily efforts in our room did not go unnoticed and we loved the towel animals. When we had a small issue with the air conditioning and shower drain, the manager was quick to dispatch staff and when repairs took a little long, offered us free wifi to make up for the inconvenience, in room for the length of the staff. Staff did not use pressure tactics to make us pay for overpriced excursions but the excursions were politely offered and we were over the moon with the zip-lining experience and city tour. Although we were somewhat dissappointed that the resort activities and food ended at midnight, it was nice to have a nite's sleep without loud and obnoxious noise. There were various a la carte, buffet and restaurant options, as well as a tea cafe. We did not have a substandard meal there once. Even the grills offered delicious items like curry chicken wraps, and my husband loved the pizza grill with the endless toppings. As I write this my husband is commenting that his mouth is watering for one of their blended drinks the "Jamaican smile", with fresh blended fruit. They offered a wide variety of British, Western and local fare. There was truly something for everyone. We highly recommend this resort and cannot wait to return. We actually travelled in November 2014 but I could not select the earlier date.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a balcony room not on the main floor facing the ocean. We were able to dry wet clothes, sit an enjoy the sites or have a smoke.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jillawoina
GuestAmbassador01, Manager at St. James's Club Morgan Bay - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your remarkable review! We are incredibly delighted you chose to celebrate your fifth anniversary with us, and we thank you for your wonderful compliments toward our attentive staff, excellent dining, and outstanding entertainment.

We are very pleased St. Lucia brought you and your husband wonderful memories and new experiences, and we sincerely hope to welcome your return to St. James’s Club Morgan Bay in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

As I sit here on my last day, I am so sad to be leaving....but I am already planning to come back next year. This whole place is amazing and getting over my fear of flying to get here was worth it.

Although I didn't come here for the food, everything was great. Especially the creole bread and homemade omelettes every morning. The drinks are great and the bartenders are hilarious and friendly. All the staff here are kind and loving. Everyone from the wait staff to the grounds-keepers are awesome.

The beach is great and no lack of chairs and free water sports all day. Water aerobics was fun and so was the water volleyball. My hubby took out the little sailboat and tried water skiing. I just chilled with books all week because I needed to do "nothing" for a week. So whether you want to relax or be active, the choices are vast.

Some tips:

1. I have a sensitive stomach and was nervous about drinking the water here, but I've been guzzling it day and night and no issues. So drink away.

2. If you have any sort of physical disability, I would book a room as low to the ground as possible. This island is seriously hilly and the hills we have to walk to get to our room are steep. You can request rides though in buggies if needed.

3. Use sunscreen immediately omg. I had no idea how strong the sun was here at the equator haha

4. Tipping is a good thing so bring some small denominations for that.

5. I am from Ontario, Canada and don't have seasonal allergies, but I've had an itchy throat and felt kind of crappy since being here, so I suggest bringing some benadryl just in case. Might just be a plant or tree here I'm not accustomed to.

6. The ride from the airport is not pleasant. It's about an hour which I don't care about.....it's the road itself. It's constantly twisting and turning with sharp switchbacks. The driver we had was not safe though and I swear going 100 km per hour around sharp turns and along steep cliffs with no guardrails. I was glad to make it here alive.

7. Make sure you make it to the beach party on Wednesday night. The entertainment was PHENOMENAL. My favourite was the drum band done by a bunch of local children. Brought me to tears.

All in all, I highly recommend this place and cannot wait to come back. My hubby feels the same.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
6  Thank Stephie V

Dear Stephie,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at St. James’s Club Morgan Bay and for taking the time to review our property. We were happy to hear that you and your husband had an incredible holiday, which included excellent dining, lively beach parties, and enjoyable water sports—and perhaps even a new hobby in waterskiing!

We greatly appreciate your warm and positive feedback, and we sincerely look forward to welcoming your return to marvelous St. Lucia next year.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 January 2016

We recently returned from a week holiday at St. James Club. The resort was fantastic and would recommend to anyone - we were really impressed with the property and service.

Room: we stayed in room 646 - beachfront (would highly suggest booking beachfront - get an incredible view and you are close to the ammenities so dont have so long to walk) and can hear the ocean while you sleep. Top floor room was also great as had a nice raised ceiling - looked nice. Room was very spacious and clean.

Beach: The beach is nice, but you cant take long walks along the beach here as it is just a bay so a limited beach. Also the water is not clear - sandy waters. But overall really nice. There were some people to take drink orders on beach from time to time - would be better if they had more staff doing this as we only saw people twice in our week would be nice to get drinks offered right on the beach more.

Chairs: Many resorts have a problem with chairs, people go down so early and save their chairs then there are none left. Here that wasn't a problem could always find a chair on beach or by pool with an umbrella anytime of day which made the trip so much more pleasant.

Restaurants/Food: The buffet wasn't great - not our favorite but still not bad. But no need to eat at the buffet here as they have such great restaurants - could eat a la carte every night - and each place was amazing. We even ate at the La Jardin which you do pay an extra $35 us a person for - I dont know that this was necessary as the other a la cartes are so good also but it was a nice place to go for a fancy dinner and dress up and have a longer evening out. There is no late night food at this place though - only resort I have been to that doesn't have this option. But there is a restaurant by the kids pool - Plum Tree that offered Fast Food type items from 11-6 which was good to eat outside the hours of the usual restaurants. The Bamboo restaurant was SOO good for Breakfast and Lunch. Pizza place was fantastic. And Morgan Pier was so beautiful to be at during sunset. Service at all restaurants was fantastic.

Pools: Pools were all really nice - swim up bar was great. There is a adult only pool on hilltop with amazing views also - really nice.

Water Activities: Many free water activities included - got to take a sailing lesson and take out a boat was really fun. Have stand up paddle boards, kayaks, waterskiing, banana boat etc. Nice Staff for all these activities also and never had to wait to take something out just walked up and asked to do something and you could.

Spa: Had a massage at the spa was really nice but don't get a view during massage - enjoyed how at other resorts could have a massage out on the beach / hut and didn't cost extra for that but here it is extra to have a massage on beach so is not worth it. Spa staff were all really nice also.

Evening Entertainment: There isn't much in evening at this resort to do - no disco like other resorts and no live performances its more low key.

Optional Excursions: We booked ours with the westjet rep - and would not recommend at all - Danys was not good to book with as she made a mistake on each of our bookings.. so made it less fun when you wait and they have not got your correct room numbers on any tour so we never knew if we were in right place and had difficulty proceeding with tours as she put wrong tour name and room number down for 2 of our tours and our 3rd tour was cancelled but she never told us or attempted to call and leave message in our room so waited an hour in lobby until talking to reception and they told us it was cancelled.. I would book direct with hotel desk NOT Danys with Westjet. The Calypso Cat tours were also priced better and picked you up right on the resort beach where as our tours we had to take a bus to go to a different place to start tour.

WIFI: they had really good free WIFI in lobby and the sunset bar area which is right by the pool so was really easy to go on internet if you wanted to.

Overall I would recommend this resort to anyone it was clean, beautiful and St. Lucia is an incredibly beautiful Country. I think this place is perfect for anyone to visit and would enjoy it!! Service was great - people were nice had no complaints on this resort.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms - 600 block was great - TOP floor.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Manitoba24
Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

Although I have said excellent I am going to start with a couple of little moans. We paid extra for an ocean view room and when we got to our room I looked out and couldn't see the ocean, I could only see a very large tree, some of the leaves touching our balcony. We received a courtesy call from reception asking if our room was ok, I mentioned the lack of ocean view and was told we did have one. It was dark so I left it until the morning and yes we did have an ocean view, if you stood on a chair on the balcony and leaned to the left you could get a glimpse of the ocean. We decided that we were on holiday and didn't want any stress and let it go. The only other moan was that the evening entertainment was repetitive, same song, different singer. It would have been nice to had another type of show on some nights. Saying that the weekly beach party is fantastic. Moan over and the rest was great. Everyone of the staff in every department are to be praised for their customer service, as should the management for setting such high standards, the grounds are well kept, everywhere is clean, our room was cleaned perfectly everyday. The restaurant staff are prompt with refills of tea, coffee and water and getting drinks from the bar. We never tried the Plum Tree restaurant but the variety and quantity of the food in every other restaurant was outstanding Although there was only wifi in the reception area it was reliable and our boarding passes were printed out for us at reception for a very small charge. I would recommend this hotel

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2016

This resort has a nice location just north of Castries and a nice, flat sandy beach. There is a strong emphasis on watersports here. Some aspects of this resort would benefit from some renovation.

The resort is a good 90 minute drive from the international airport in the south. On arrival you are given your pre-assigned room keys and a lock for a room safe. There is a facility on the resort website to ask for a room in a particular location but anything that you ask for will be ignored by the staff, hiding behind the standard message 'we are at capacity'.

You are taken to your block in a golf cart with your luggage. We were in block 400 (in a not-asked-for ground floor room with the tiniest patio I have ever seen) at the southern limit of the resort. We were asked if we had a special celebration during the week and my wife informed the staff at reception that she was celebrating a birthday in the resort. This fact, on the day, was completely ignored by the resort staff. The 'Calypso Cat' made sure she a had a great birthday at sea!

Be warned that some of the paths are pretty steep around the resort. Also, some of the paths have exposed and rusty steel showing from underneath the cracked concrete. You can see where this has been repaired poorly. The paths are shared by people walking to and from their rooms and the golf carts with not much room to spare. Lighting could be better at night.

The room is basically fine; nothing to write home about and everthing works. It's just that the room seemed 'tired'; the taps in the bathroom were difficult to set and the door leading to the tiny patio does not stay shut after being unlocked. The good thing about the location of the room is that we were well away from the entertainment area and it was a short walk to the wedding gazebo for the obligatory sunset shot.

The beach and the watersports area are the highlight of the resort. The watersport staff are excellent and the Hobiecat sailing was great! The resort has its own pleasure boat (the 'Calypso Cat') that does an excellent all-day tour down to Soufriere and the Pitons for $88 (US).

The complementary wi-fi is good. To find where the wi-fi is available just look for a surly teenager sat in a chair staring at their smartphone (reception and main bar).

The main resort pools are split into adult / family, with the adult pool having a swim-up bar. Use the swim-up bar if you do not mind waiting for your drinks from the one bar staff on duty. Otherwise, get out of the pool and walk around to the otherside of the swim-up bar and get served by any of the multitude of staff here. There is a family pool at the back of the resort, but we did not venture up there. . . . .

Another pool sits next to the Spa above the Bambou restaurant. This can get crowded at sunset as everyone gathers in the small pool with their drinks at 17:40 every day.

Booking a restaurant can be time consuming. There is a desk in reception that displays all of the menus for the week (with the restaurant closure days - good point) so you can choose where to eat. It does get busy after breakfast.

The Palms restaurant is the buffet / breakfast restaurant. We did not use this after the first night as it's a buffet, and the food is never really hot enough. Breakfast was good; the omlette station was enjoyed all week.

Bambou was the best restaurant we used. It has a good choice of meals and drinks and the lunch there is superb. I discovered the tuna mayo late but was wonderful as a starter.

Morgan's Pier looks good but it has the least capable staff. We always had to reiterate our menu choices after they were 'lost', or the wrong dish was served.

Le Jardin was not used; the menu didn't warrant the $35 (US) charge per head.

Tree Tops was another good place to eat. I just wish that it was open for lunch as well.

The Choc Cafe was somewhere we used during the interminable wait from check out to leaving the resort (see below). Good coffee and cakes.

The check-out process is a license to print money. In every other Carribean resort that we have stayed at we were offered a 'shower room' to have a quick shower and change prior to an overnight flight for free. Here they want $50 (US) for a late check-out - again, hiding behind the 'full occupancy' excuse. We ended up paying to use the shower in the Spa for $11 (US) in poor lighting and dealing with the least-interested member of staff on site; the Spa Concierge.

Finally, a word about the Eastern Carribean Tree Frog. These tiny frogs pack a loud chirp heard all night long. . . . . .

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Greyvanman

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at St. James’s Club Morgan Bay. We truly appreciate your business, and we are very pleased you and your loved one were impressed with our splendid beachfront location, as well as our plentiful water sports and enjoyable Calypso-cat excursions.

However, we sincerely apologize that you were placed in an accommodation on the first floor. During the holidays, our resort is highly in-demand—which unfortunately doesn’t allow for all of our guests to receive their preferred room location. Although, your accommodation was within your pre-selected room category.

Secondly, we apologize for any misconception regarding our late check-out policy. During all seasons, late checkouts can be arranged for an additional cost. Guests can also request shower rooms for an additional $25.00 (USD). Although, these options are subject to availability and occupancy.

In addition, we were disheartened to learn of the inconsistent service you encountered during your stay. St. James’s Club Morgan Bay is highly acclaimed for its excellent and personable staff members, and we are truly sorry if our quality service faltered in the slightest during your stay. We assure you and our TripAdvisor visitors, that our staff is deeply invested in the comfort and well-being of our guests.

On behalf of our staff and management team, thank you so much for your candid and insightful feedback. We sincerely welcome your return to St. James’s Club Morgan Bay in the future.

Best regards,