“Pleasant Surprise”
Review of blu St Lucia

blu St Lucia
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Gros Islet
Reviewed 15 October 2017

I read alot mixed reviews for this hotel before booking, many of which may not have been on the nice end of the scale but I must say, given the price, this hotel is well worth the stay.

I contacted the property directly and was efficiently and effectively serviced by their customer relations.

Added free bonuses:
Breakfast included. The breakfast is adequate and offers a selection of bread, pastries, with three additions plus an omlette station.

Pool towels. Many hotels I've stayed at before with double the cost treated you like a convict with their towels. Not Blu. These are readily available with a smile and you can take with you to the beach and on your tours.

Pool cabanas. Many hotels also charge for this. Not Blu. Lovely inclusion to soak up the pool scene.

Tennis is included at your leisure.
Wifi included.
Weekly managers cocktail and finger foods included.
Welcome drink included. (Yum)

The rooms on the ground floor and top floor all have balconies but the hotel does not have an elevator. No problem, it's a short walk up. The rooms had cable TV along with a heater and ironing board along with mini fridge which had two complimentary bottles of water. There is also coffee/tea in room.

Many reviews spoke poorly about the bathrooms in terms of size but I'm 6'3" and I was comfortable in the shower, granted you cannot shower with your companion (lol)
I would suggest take your own shampoo and soap though as the provided products are a lager sized which are refilled. You may be more comfortable with your own.

The location of Blu is a huge plus. Two minutes walk to Reduit Beach and about 13 minutes walk to the main Rodney Bay area where all the bars and restaurants are located. No need for a taxi imo.

Overall Blu is a budget friendly and comfortable hotel and I would definitely stay again given the location and added inclusions!

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank Ganesh W

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I spent one night here while overnighting in St. Lucia for work. I had been here before, but just passing through and never really stayed in the hotel. I had heard good things about it so I was happy to stay for myself.

Check-in was pretty smooth, except that they didn't have proper records of my booking, but it was sorted out pretty quickly and I was in my room almost right away.

The room itself was clean and pretty large. However, I could see that time had not been kind to it. There were quite a few tiles in the floor the were popping up and some where actually missing. Some of the furniture looked quite ratty as well. The bathroom was a little restricted to say the least, but again was very clean. The room was however quite comfortable and the A/C worked well so I did have a very good nights sleep.

I didn't eat at the hotel as I went to a place down the street for dinner that one night and I left very early to next morning before breakfast was being served. I didn't use the pool area but it did look very nice. There was a big water feature there which was turned off, I don't know if it wasn't working or it was just off because it was the low season.

All in all I would probably stay here again on my overnight work trips in the future, it's clean and safe and within walking distance of some nice restaurants and bars; not to mention the beach is right across the road basically.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the blu for 17 days.. we had a great time and it was painful to leave.. The place is clean, bright and airy. We had a pool side room and I was amazed how the workers took pride in cleaning and preparing the place daily..They worked hard to maintain .. The food was delicious and the chef did his best to prepare the meals...I plan to stay here on my next visit.. The staff was so nice especially Mr Duncan.. I stayed in the past at other hotels in St Lucia and I had the best time here.. Very relaxing the pool and the gazebo was all I needed.. Reduit beach is a short walk and it is beautiful... Everything is walking distance for nightly entertainment...Last but not least we felt safe because of Security.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wendove
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 6 days even after seeing some bad reviews. Room is absolutely comfortable, breakfast was great, staff is professional and courteous and accommodating, everythings was very clean and pool is huge! Its not a 5 star luxury hotel but its extremely comfortable for the price and very close to all the best restaurants and shopping areas.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Again, another great experience at Blu.
Recently returned from my stay. Was in ground floor room (110) and junior suite (204). Both rooms were nicely decorated with extremely comfortable beds and clean white linen. Yes the bathrooms are a bit dated but there are clean towels daily, hot water and toiletries.
I had to cut my visit short for personal reasons and Cindie, Kevin and Francesca were all extremely helpful with sorting my flight at short notice and with words of comfort when I needed them. I do sincerely see some of the staff there as extended family. Its never too much trouble to stop and talk to you and to help above and beyond what is expected.
The food is excellent - I was on all inclusive. It is beautifully presented too.
The pool is cleaned daily and it is very relaxing to sit round the pool each day.

I must say a special thanks also to President - the most excellent bar man who is always so so polite and nothing is too much trouble for him to help you.

I am returning in February and cant wait to be back there and relaxing. I promise guys - I wont be cutting that trip short!!!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have a nice seating area outside - and are near to walk to the bar. Try the Blu...