“The Goat Cheese Salad”

La Terrasse
Ranked #4 of 85 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a french Restaurant and we also have four rooms that guests are welcome to book.
Reviewed 14 October 2017

La Terrasse is a french dining and very expensive but that depends on your class and the mood you are looking for. The quantity is okay, the wine was amazing and the goat cheese salad which I love, I'd have everyday. The menu did not have many options at the time we went there but it was mostly to relax. Ambiance is very cool and service was good.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

We came here on recommendation of resort staff where we were staying. It's not fancy but has a wonderful, quiet ambiance, a place where locals go. Our waitress was so friendly & helpful. Her suggestions to us for ordering were spot on. The food was terrific right down to our dessert! The sorbets were amazing as were the coffee & chocolate ice cream. It's all homemade. Definitely a must try for anyone with a sweet tooth.
If you like experiencing the local flavor, be sure to visit La Terrasse!

Reviewed 27 April 2017

My wife and I are staying in Cap Estates which is close to Rodney Bay so we decided to check out the many restaurants in the area. There are so many places to choose from in and around Gros Islet/Rodney Bay, but we eventually decided to try La Terrasse. I can tell you without hesitation that we made the right choice!! This is a fabulous place to dine and our server, Jessica, (and the other staff members) could not have been more friendly or helpful. I had the Caribbean Crab Back as a starter which was positively delicious!! My wife ordered the seafood skewer which consisted of shrimp, dorado, calamari and onions. It, too, was absolutely delicious. I had the Fish and Chips. Now, ordinarily, you would think Fish and Chips is a dull, every day sort of meal and you wouldn't order it at a fancy restaurant like La Terrasse, right? Well guess what? It was SO good that I had to personally compliment the chef who came right over to our table! We ended the night by having the homemade ice cream and mango-passion fruit sorbet which was just as wonderful as our meal! I loved La Terrasse and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a nice, relaxing evening with exquisite food and service!!

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

We visited last night for the first time since changing ownership. Now the menu is not offering French cuisine as it had done but we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner.

The service was good and friendly and the food was beautifully cooked and presented.

We will definitely revisit upon our return in October

Reviewed 19 April 2017

We used to come to La Terrasse regularly. It has been sold a couple of times since and with the previous owners it definitely went downhill. However, it is now owned by the same people as Blue Olive and I have to say I was impressed.

The food was local and they had our favourite starters (Accras and Crab Backs). We followed that up with ribs, fish and fish and chips. The ribs were great, the fish was the best Mahi Mahi my wife has had in 2.5 weeks and the ribs were delicious.

The service was friendly and the kitchen now extends into the dining area so every time we said how good the food was we could shout directly to the chef!

The desserts were also pretty good and the prices were pretty reasonable.

The wine list is all french and had some pretty good wines at fair prices.

The branding needs amending as it is no longer really a French Restaurant and the menu design is not as classy as it should be, but DO NOT BE PUT OFF.