See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 August 2015

Check-in was painfully slow for 5pm on a Sunday.

Large room was a 3rd floor walk-up. Comfortable bed, good flat-screen, nice balcony, adequate air conditioning. There is no desk, so very awkward for computer work. The bathroom is clean, but very poorly laid out. The toilet is wedged between the vanity and the shower, and that's exactly what you need to do when you gotta go. There are some odd angles in the building, so likely not all rooms have this issue, but that room needs to be reconfigured.

Breakfast was okay. Not all hotels of this size have an omelet station but the poor cook was overwhelmed by a small tour group just as I sat down. With only two gas burners on his range, it took him 30 mins to serve about 12 people. If the buffet had scrambled eggs, I bet most of the kids would go for that option allowing the cook to focus on fried eggs and omelets.

Free parking in front of the hotel. Beach is a short walk away. Lots of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Seat13F
Reviewed 10 July 2015 via mobile

May 2014 trip to St Lucia with some of the family (at least 20 of us) was a blast!! Not only because we were in good company, but because of the great hotel we stayed in.. Blu!!
It's a stone throw away from the beach (you can take a shortcut through the hotel across the road); restaurants are close by; shopping malls..bars.. I mean, what more do you need?

There are 2 pools.. Tennis court, spa (my massage was a free sample..and Amazing!!) The room was cosy..I slept like a baby and actually didn't want to leave my room because room service was available..American TV shows were playing back-to-back and the air con kept the room at a lovely temperature.

The drinks were Proper St Lucian standard! (Trust me, I'm originally from St Lucia..although I've lived in England for 30+ years)

I had a great time in this hotel.

YES, granted, there was a hole in my bathroom window and a lizard climbed through it (which was a hilarious experience, adding more fond memories to the trip!)..and there might be some rusting in areas of the hotel, BUT this hotel is great for families, mature folk, young folk, couples, children..everyone!

I highly recommend this hotel and plan to stay there again in December 2015, May 2016..and any other time I visit.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Having just returned today from a 5 day short break at Hotel Blu, we had a very good experience. The location is good with the Reduit beach 5mns' walk away and Rodney village -10mns' walk- offers 2 decent shopping malls. The facilities at the hotel are excellent: lovely clean 2 levels pool, comfortable room with fridge, airdrer, TV, and safe for valuables. We did not use the spa but the suite looked inviting. The fitness centre had 2 cross trainers but no rower.The staff are very friendly, helpful and personable. As an all inclusive deal, the food could have varied a little more but was good and very well presented. Picnic baskets were available on day trips. Regarding the concern over the noise, it is not an issue. Friday night is a celebration time for the islanders and there is music until late, but the rest of the week is beautifully quiet. To visit the island, we chose Real St Lucia tours which are an excellent company offering a personalised 4-5 hours' tour with all the highlights of this beautiful island, which we would highly recommend. The hotel is happy to book trips if you wish and make suggestions. The short boat trip to Pigeon Island is a must - historical interest and lovely views of Rodney Bay.
As with all reviews, there are as subjective as the reviewers and their expectations. A mixture of guests visited during our stay- from mature couples (like us!) to young ones. I certainly would not be put off by some of the negative comments and would recommend this hotel for good value for money. We would go again!

Room Tip: 1st floor courtyard rooms with balcony offer the best combination
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank E F
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Horrible hotel avoid at all costs. Next to the worlds loudest bar. A party literally in my room. Staff do not care. Go elsewhere. Cancel if you can. A hotel which can not offer hot water and a restful night is not a hotel at all.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Clare R
Reviewed 4 November 2012

The Village Inn is now The Blu Hotel, bought by the Harlequin Group earlier this year.
We booked All Inclusive accomodation through Secret Escapes and received excellent value for money.
It was very quiet whilst we were there, but the service and attention we received was fabulous. Very attentive & helpful staff without being intrusive.
Food was fabulous, choice, quality, presentation.
Rooms were generally good, we had a Junior Suite which is a good size but sadly with no outdoor space. Beds & linens etc all very good. Bathrooms are tired and need to be updated and apparently this is in the process of happening.
The pool and loungers were great.
Spa lovely
Bar Great
The hotel arranged a driver to take us to The Pitons, an absolute must do on any trip to St Lucia!!!
All in all a Fabulous relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple