Complete relaxation at East Winds Inn. I recently spent a stunning week at East Winds with my fiancee. I have travelled all over the world staying in 5 star hotels in every continent but this was was my first trip to St Lucia and first experience of an all inclusive package - something that I have always intentionally avoided before. We were recommended to stay at East Winds by family friends who have been going for nearly 20 years. The whole experience was perfect and most importantly so relaxing, it felt like being as comfortable as you would be at home except you are staying within 14 beautiful acres of botanical-esque gardens directly fronting 200 metres of serene sandy Caribbean beach front! We stayed in cottage 24 and from day 1 the whole experience matched 5 star service and quality but with the relaxed informality of being amongst friends and family. The accommodation was superb - large, airy room with giant king size bed, lovely mahogany furniture and all relevant mod cons (wide screen plasma with multiple channels and dvd and ipod deck). The character of the accommodation was completed by a beautiful stone floor, generous wardrobe space and stunning stone clad shower pit ! After many days relaxing by the beach or in the gardens, each evening we used our terrace for drinks before wandering down to the giant traditional bamboo lounge for a glass of champagne before dinner. There is an elegant and charming feel to the dining room and bamboo lounge - from the furnishings through to the nightly live music, a highlight being the Steinway piano and amazing pianists!
The food and associated service absolutely make East Winds what it is. The resort is absolutely beautiful but this is more than matched by the spirit and hospitality of the East Winds staff - from GM Gareth through to the waiting and bar staff, chamber maids and gardeners ! We found most of the staff have been at East Winds for more than 8 years which says so much about the place. My favourite element of the whole stay though was the food and wine. It really was special and clearly extremely well thought through by some talented chefs. We met Tomislav who a young and exciting Sous Chef and responsible for much of the evening menu - his training in London and europe has set him up for East Winds which I cannot believe is not the best restaurant on the island - during the St Lucia PM, the British Commissioner and many non-residents from other hotels also ate there....
Each night the dinner menu provided for 4 courses with 3 choices of dish. The food was stunning michelin star quality yet did not leave you feeling bloated in any way. Fresh local ingredients coupled with an international sophistication left me so eager every night to see what might enjoy! The bbq lobster/creole salad lunches were also a high point ! Also my fiancee is gluten intolerant so the kitchen made gluten free bread and adjusted every dish to accommodate her needs. I thought that was amazing and something that even the greatest hotels in the world would struggle with such a personal touch.
We went off the resort early on in the trip for a tour of the island but thereafter just could not drag ourselves away from the place. You feel like there are few people there at all yet everything you need is always available - I think there are more staff than guests !
We thoroughly recommend East Winds and will definitely go back as a couple, family or with friends. Our entire experience is credit to the GM Gareth and the owners for putting together such a great team which more than match the classic caribbean beauty of the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Saint Lucia’s best kept secret and immerse yourself in true Caribbean luxury. East Winds Saint Lucia is a breathtaking garden-by-the-sea, planted on the island's most picturesque sandy bay. Our Island Hideaway is Saint Lucia's original boutique resort featuring 30 cottage style suites, tucked away amongst lush plants, trees and a kaleidoscope of colourful bird-life. East Winds is home to what many consider the finest beach on the island and our guests share it with very few others just like them; travellers looking for personalised care and all-inclusive service in the most authentic of Caribbean experiences. Come experience the Caribbean the way it was meant to be experienced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your East Winds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Winds Hotel Gros Islet
- East Winds Resort All Inclusive
- East Winds St. Lucia/Gros Islet