All reviews the cottages outdoor shower pool bar swim up suite our honeymoon daily specials room service all inclusive package private plunge pool infinity edge ocean view junior suite main building private cottage st lucia couples massage main pool bumpy road
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this beautiful resort. I checked in ALONE, my room was reserved in my name ONLY and I was the ONLY person listed on my reservation yet they allowed a man (my ex) to come on the property without a reservation, say he was there to surprise, they let him in my room while i wasn't there AND gave him a room key. When i informed the manager of this security breach all he had to say was Wow sorry! As a single woman i did not feel safe at this property at all! Terrible customer service.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
5  Thank TravelLeader914
Dext8r2017, Manager at Calabash Cove Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

We thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent visit to Calabash Cove Resort & Spa. As a valued guest we truly welcome an open rapport, as we strive to learn from past experiences and improve upon our services. As a valued guest, our goal was to have provided you with a flawless stay, hence you can imagine how disappointed we were to hear that you were not pleased with your experience at the resort.

We were surprised to hear that this was your experience, however, upon meeting you, you requested that the matter be dealt with after your departure and made us promise to such. In honouring your request we did so.

Again, we truly regret hearing about such unfavorable experience and we have since place measures so that situation would not occur again. We hope you however give us another opportunity to host you as we would love to regain your confidence in our brand during a future stay.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

This resort and view is breath taking! The service is exceptional. The meals were well-presented. I particularly like the services offered at the spa! The romantic moonlight spa experience is amazing and serene!

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Nadhajr

Thank you for sharing this review. We are thrilled that you had a wonderful experience with us here at Calabash Cove! We are happy to note that the Spa added positively to your stay. We will be sure to notify Spa of your special mention!

It was our pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you again when you return.

Thanks again from the entire team at Calabash Cove Resort & Spa!

Reviewed 9 September 2018

We arrived to this beautiful view of the beach. The lobby sits atop this mountain overlooking the water. We were offered a nice refreshing drink upon arrival. Our room was ready and we had Villa #5.

There are only 9 villas in this resort. This villa was special because it doesn't have an adjoining villa so you have the entire structure to yourself. You have your own dipping pool and your terrace is spacious with a table and lounge bed. You can hear the ocean from your living room. The bedroom is separate. It is air conditioned while the rest of the villa only has a ceiling fan.

You have a nice view of the ocean but it is partially blocked due to the growing plants that are in front of the villa. You can't see the full sunset because of this. I would recommend they trim the plants and trees so the view is not obstructed. The shower is outside al fresco so if you're one to shower late in the day it does get dark.

Rooms are comfortable. However it needs a lot of updating. Let's start with the bed. Dude, they can buy a new mattress for the price they charge for these villas. My wife and I sunk in the middle of the bed every night and I'm only 100 pounds! Also the mosquito net can use some washing. The AC could barely keep the bedroom cool and this was September what more in the summer months. The living room could use an AC. It's hot and you can't keep the bedroom open to let in some cool air from the AC because the living room has screen opening. It only has a ceiling fan.

We didn't get the meal plan because our villa came with breakfast. Chef was very good and their breakfast was nice. We had a few dinners and the food was good. We're not drinkers so we didn't think $300/ day per couple was worth it for the meal plan. Their menu was affordable if you decide to pay per meal.

Beach is nice although not very big. All in all it was a nice vacation. I would've wanted to have a better bed and updated villa for that price.

Service was good and staff was pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Roz E
Dext8r2017, Manager at Calabash Cove Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding Calabash Cove Resort & Spa. Reviews such as yours, allow us as a resort to gain insight and perspective about the resort from a guest’s viewpoint. You have touched on some of our key features, namely, beautiful views and excellent staff members. Although the cottage did not met all of your expectations I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us overall. I will ensure your comments about the cottage are passed on to my management team to see how your issues will be addressed going forward. Once again thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Thanks again form the entire team!

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

So my wife and I arrived at Calabash Cove yesterday. We received a private transfer from the airport, and was asked what kind of refreshment we wanted when we arrived at the resort...off to a wonderful start! We were informed once we arrived that we were one of only two couples staying at the resort...unreal! We met with chef right after who get a feel for our food preferences, which was great because my wife has some food restrictions. He was so nice and accommodating! Next we made our way to our room...the Sunset Jr. Suite. For those wanting a quiet corner room away from the main building with an AMAZING view, choose room 210. Sunsets are unreal. Dinner - I could write a whole separate review for the food here...but simply put...the food is just out of this world. You need to pay for the all inclusive package so you can try everything on the menu. By far the best food I have ever eaten, anywhere, ever. All the reviews raving about the food are spot on.

So now on to to second day....breakfast was of course, just as amazing as dinner. Heading to the beach...just gorgeous. Quiet except for the gentle crashing of the waves. Perfect...until a large group of people came barreling down the stairs to the beach to wait for their boat excursion (they were not guests, and one was a child). So after about 10 minutes of loitering, their boat finally came and they left. No big deal I thought...until we went to the pool for lunch and noticed a small group of women make their way to the pool and plop their belongings on a day bed. They looked like locals. Very confusing. They made their way up to the restaurant for what appeared to be a birthday celebration. We figured after a dip in the pool to go back to the beach...however...we were greeted by the shouts of children and noticed a large family. My wife and I chose an adult only hotel because we did not want to even hear a child on our honeymoon...so I went to the front desk to ask about the children at the beach, and the woman explained that since all beaches on St. Lucia are public, anyone can come and use them. I asked if children were permitted since this is an adult only property, and she explained that the children are not allowed on hotel grounds; however, can go to the beach. As you can imagine...not what I wanted to hear on my honeymoon. I guess I should have done more research? I didn't see anyone else comment about this in their reviews...so maybe it is an uncommon occurrence? So either way, we decided to go back to the pool...only to find a man in the pool face-timing numerous people loudly who was a local (could determine this by the conversation he was having out loud). As he left, he fist-pumped one of the hotel staff and handed him his towel. So...apparently the hotel pool is open to the public too? Or maybe it's because it is not heavily occupied the hotel allowed it? I really dont know what to expect on our third day...but I will definitely update this later on our trip.

Room: 5
Food: 5
Beach: 5
Hotel Grounds: 5
Exclusivity of the hotel: 2 (really confusing so far with all the locals hanging around)

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Christopher M
Dext8r2017, Manager at Calabash Cove Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Calabash Cove resort & Spa. I am sorry that not all the aspects of your experience met your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Calabash Cove, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer therefore your feedback is very important to us.

On behalf of the entire team at Calabash Cove Resort & Spa, I'd like to apologise for the concerns you shared about our property with the locals being on the beach. Please rest assured that this is not a frequent occurrence, however, we would like to inform you that this is out of our control as there no beach on island that is private and it's the law of the land, therefore there is nothing we can do to stop locals from visiting or using the beach.

Thank you for particularly highlighting the excellent condition of your One Bedroom Sunset Ocean View Jr Suite, the food in the restaurant which was excellent as well as all the extra touches that made your honeymoon even more special! I also join you in commending our truly wonderful and courteous team, who always go the extra mile to ensure that you have a splendid honeymoon!

At The Calabash Cove, it is always our top priority is to ensure that our guests feel warm and welcomed, and receive the best possible service, and we were gladdened to learn that our team was able to provide you with an accommodation that suited your needs.
On behalf of our entire team, thank you so much for your imperative feedback. We sincerely hope you continue to enjoy your vacation here with us.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

This resort was top notch from the moment we arrived. They will set up your airport transfer for you if you wish. We purchased the all inclusive package and stayed in cottage lucky #7 right by the beach. We couldn't have asked for anything more perfect to spend a romantic week away together. The staff was amazing and the room was perfect. Because we went in the off season, we didn't see another guest for the first two days. All of the staff are great and love to have a conversation with you. Make sure to have Lance make you a Pina Colada while you're there. Lance's Pinas are the best! The spa on site is also great and I highly recommend the outdoor massage at sunset. You can't go wrong with staying here. It was so perfect we never left the resort until we had to fly home, and even then we almost didn't leave!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Dext8r2017, General Manager at Calabash Cove Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

We thank you for sharing this review of your recent experience with us at Calabash Cove Resort & Spa!

We're delighted to know that your stay in as you put it cottage lucky #7 was the perfect place for you and yours! Nothing makes us happier than hearing our guests recount what a lovely holiday they spent with us, as a result of the stellar service provided by the team and our luxurious amenities!
Again, we thank you for your high words of praise and the entire team will be informed of your comments. They truly who work hard each day to make your stay positively unforgettable!

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Best wishes from the entire Team!