“Great pulled pork!”
Review of Delirius - CLOSED

Delirius
Price range: US$15 - US$28
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Casual dining, great food in a covered open air restaurant plus a beautiful outdoor garden. Menu includes barbecue, steaks, burgers, salads and fresh fish dishes plus a weekly changing specials menu. Award winning cocktails, beer and cocktail specials, friendly staff and a relaxed dining environment
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

The owner went to a BBQ training camp in Texas and he learned traditional smoked meats well. The pulled pork and brisket sliders were amazing. We were a little disappointed in the ribs however because they were quite charred. The coleslaw and beans were not that good compared to what we are used to in the states. Their cocktails are tasty and many are award winning. The owner is very nice and often greets the customers personally. Service was quite slow the night we were there.

DeliriusStLucia, Owner at Delirius, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Hi kroberts07,
Thank you very much for your feedback, we're happy to hear you enjoyed the pulled pork and brisket. I'm not sure what happened with the ribs, but we will certainly look into that issue. We have since taken the beans off the menu as we knew we couldn't get them quite right! I'm sorry for the slow service, it is something that we are constantly trying to overcome.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

We've eaten at Delirius several times, for lunches and dinners, as a couple, a group and a family.

We've had various dishes, all of which have been excellent, but also had occasion when many dishes were unavailable, and it was more a "What is on the menu, rather than what's not on the menu", which was unfortunatte as we had taken family visitors for dinner.

Service is always excellent, friendly and with a smile. The waitrons know their menus, which is something not often found these days.

Highly recommended - they even supply anti-mozzie spray for those who forget to apply beofre leaving home....

Hi Carri,
Many thanks for your review. When you visited we were gearing up for closing for our annual vacation and as a consequence a lot of items were missing from the menu. We realised that it was frustrating people so actually printed a smaller version of our menu that only had the items available on it. Having said that, we have completely changed our menu now! And it is as a response to issues just like yours. We now have a much smaller fixed menu with only items we know are popular and available all the time, and a weekly specials menu that changes every Monday morning. The specials menu is based on what is available in the market and through local wholesalers, plus things that Chef Duncan wants to cook. We hope you like the menu menu, we certainly do!

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I tried this place at least 3 times. And in the three times food was a huge disappointment. Size of the chicken wings is poor. Even though the size of the main courses meals were good. Flavor and taste of the BBQ sauces was greasy and not tasty. Lack of consistence of the sauces in a smoked rib or brisket is just a turn off. Also the onion rigs were more dough that onions. I wouldn't recommend to eat here having better places in the same street.

DeliriusStLucia, Owner at Delirius, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear David R,
As someone who has been living on the island for 9 months (as you mention in your other review) I really would have expected you to have had the courtesy to have spoken to Duncan or myself, one of us is always at Delirius, to let us know the first time you claim to have had issues with our food. To claim to have eaten at Delirius 3 times and never made any mention to anyone of any issues, I find strange. As someone who has lived on this island for 23 years, if I have an issue at any business place I will always speak with the owner or manager about it as that is the only way they are going to know what improvements are required. It's a small island, I would hope that anyone living here would do the same. I can pick lots of issues with what you have written, but will not do it in this forum. If you ever decide to actually come and tell us the issues you have with our food I can assure you that we will be willing to listen and keen to make any changes that will make things better.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

As regular visitors to Rodney Bay for many years, Delirius has become a frequent port of call. Duncan and his staff will do all they can to make you welcome and cater for your needs. The bar is well stocked, the menu varied and there is a good ambience created by a mixture of locals and visitors. It is excellent value for money. I strongly suggest that you add Delirius to your list of places to go.

Dear donaldrfin,
Thank you so much for your lovely review, we really appreciate it. I feel like we've been bashed a bit recently, so reading something so positive is a real tonic! We're happy to hear that you like Delirius and come back time and again and thank you for your continued business.
Michele & Duncan

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Bar staff is very helpful! Waiters/waitresses knowlegeable about drinks & food menu. Every year i visit St. Lucia and here is a must visit place. Always in stock with my favorite beer (piton). Was here almost every night on this trip and one of the bartenders remembered me from previous visits! To the owners and staff, keep up the great work! Will be back next year.

DeliriusStLucia, Owner at Delirius, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Hi daybreakcafe,
Thank you very much! We appreciate your lovely comments and I will make sure that the team sees this. I'm happy they remembered you from last year and I'm sure they will remember you next year too! See you again!