We have just come back from La Toc. We loved St Lucia and the beach at La Toc was lovely. We stayed in a Butler suite which was worth it as they make your restaurant bookings even for those that 'don't require a reservation" therefore asking sure you don't wait. The bar service was excellent everywhere and no sign of anyone needing to ever tip bar staff to get a drink, as mentioned in other reviews. The butlers also reserve sun loungers for you which is great. I think though if i wasn't in a butler suite I would find all this very annoying.
Although the resort was on a steep hill the mini bus goes up and down to the bluff constantly so never any need to walk. The restaurants were reasonably good, only one we didn't like was the Pitons. We enjoyed going to look at the other 2 resorts and being able to eat there. We liked Gordons and as in a butler suite didn't have to pay for it, however if you aren't in a butler suite then I wouldn't pay the steep cover charge. We liked the Halycon as small & quite but the Grande was to big and "glitzy" for us, looked a bit like miami instead of the Caribbean.
Overall service was excellent and we had a great time. 2 annoyances, on the last day our evening flight was delayed by 3 hours which we knew in the morning. Reception refused to change our transfer time and suggested a private car which we had to pay for, they also said we would have to pay to keep the room any longer. We then discovered that they did change the transfer time for the next couple that came along and let them stay in the room for no charge. We then had the annoyance of following them in our paid for car down the road in a minibus with only 2 people in.
Also I had read that white Zinfandel was included in the all inclusive package and when we arrived we found this not to be the case, in fact they didn't have any rose or blush in the resort at all. It also said in the information book in the room that this wine was included but apparently not any more. Also information on the website and then information in the resort books etc give all sorts of conflicting info which in the main didn't matter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Elevated Millionaire Suites come with 180 degree views, rotating 46" plasma TV's, a private whirlpool and infinity pool and fully opened glass walls •Airport transfers and 24 hour room service available•Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Course located directly on the resort •10 minutes from George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU), Shopping and Castries and 1 hour from the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) •"Stay at One, Play at Three" free shuttle exchange privileges with Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort •Three magnificent freshwater pools, sixty-five personal plunge pools, and four whirlpools •Voted Sandals Resorts "World's Leading All-Inclusive Company" 20 years in a row •Voted Sandals Resorts "Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand", 18 years in a row •Voted Saint Lucia's Leading Spa Resort •Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TravelUp and Agoda so you can book your Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals La Toc Golf Hotel Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Castries