As I usually am apt to do, before booking a hotel, I read as many reviews as I can, to get an overall flavor of the hotel property and surrounding environs. For this specific property, I initially discovered that there seemed to be a proliferation of negative comments about the hotel staff.
Before I say anything else about this wonderful little Caribbean island, I would like to make one specific observation -- in my 30+ years of travel to every Caribbean island that exists, I have never encountered a more friendly, efficient, and accommodating hotel staff. Period.
Every need we had was met. Every request was fulfilled in a timely manner. Attention was paid to every detail. Here, I would specifically like to commend Mr. Lloyd Evelyn for his professional demeanor, not to mention acumen, in dealing with a mirade of public relations situations.
One word of advice for travelers "new" to the Caribbean experience, YOU are in the tropics, YOU are in a place on earth where time is NOT of the significance it is "back home". So learn to mellow out, enjoy the slower pace of life and leave your uptight, perfectionist seeking persona at home.
Jammin': (at Windjammers Landing) have the fresh fish plate - so fresh it's flopping on your plate!
Calabash Cove Resort and Spa: have the coconut-breaded fresh grouper with plantain -- divine!
Cap Maison: best for lunch -- beautiful setting to boot!
Sites to see:
Take the Red Catamaran Cruise that includes a trip to the rainforest for a tour and lunch, a trip through the drive through volcano AND finally, snorkeling. A really good deal!
Latille Water Falls: Be sure to ask for John who will give you the most wonderful guided tour of this property. Also ask for a cup of his incredible St. Lucian coffee! http://www.rainforestadventure.com/st_lucia_tours_excursions/other_tourist_attractions/latille_waterfall_and_gardens/
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, West Indies, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Agoda, TravelUp and HotelQuickly so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries