All reviews tennis courts private pool st barths beach bar clarins spa top notch sea grass outstanding service breakfast and lunch every morning favorite hotel your feet fitness center eden rock beach service hotel in st the entire staff
Reviewed 12 February 2018

This is not your typical hotel. The rooms are all Cottage style with modern bathrooms. They all have private terraces with beautiful views. Sometimes you feel like you are here by yourselves. The food at the restaurant at the hotel is very good, breakfast, lunch and dinner if you choose to stay there. You definitely want to travel into the Harbor area of the Island. So much to see with great shopping, restaurants, beaches and hotels to dine at.

Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

We decided on St Barths for a group trip and we all stayed at this fantastic resort. Each couple had a detached villa and they where able to accommodate all 18 of us. The beach is beautiful and the bar and beach service was excellent. The staff was very friendly and eager to please. The included breakfast was just right. The concierge assisted me in setting up all dinner reservations and reserved a Mercedes bus that fit all of us. The one night my wife and I didn't make it out we had an excellent room service meal.

I really wish the best for the staff and resort for a speedy recovery from that recent hurricane.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank BrianMnyc
Reviewed 29 August 2017

My wife and I have visited St. Barts a half-dozen times, but each time we stayed in a private villa, primarily for the privacy but also to control costs. This time was our 40th wedding anniversary trip, and I decided to surprise my wife with a four-day stay at Hotel Le Guanahani, followed by a week in a villa -- sort of the best of both worlds. We were surprised by how much we enjoyed the hotel portion of our trip. Three reasons: (1) the staff -- without exception they were friendly without being familiar, cheerful without being artificial, and eager to help without being obsequious. It's clear that the management spends significant time in selecting, training and recognizing these fine young people. (2) the facility -- the rooms and most/all of the facility have recently been renovated, and it shows. The bedrooms were comfortable, stylish, quietly air-conditioned and offered very good privacy. The resort is quite large in area, and it is beautifully landscaped, with boardwalks meandering among tropical flowers, plants and trees. (And it has two tennis courts, both in good condition.) (3) The food -- wonderful! We had a sumptuous breakfast overlooking the pool and beach every morning, we had a delicious barbecue one evening at Indigo, the beach restaurant, and for our anniversary dinner we had freshly caught local bream at Bartolomeo, which was excellent. We really enjoyed not having to cook or drive to a restaurant for every meal -- everything was right there at the hotel. The only real downside was the seaweed covering most of the lagoon in front of the hotel and drifting in from the sea. This was a problem all over the island while we were there. The staff labored valiantly to remove it, with some success, but the beach couldn't compare with others on the island such as St. Jean, Flamands, Gouverneur and Salines. The second beach at the hotel was actually nicer, in our opinion, than the main hotel beach -- while much of the second beach was rocky, there was a sandy entrance to the water and good swimming and snorkeling outside the line of rocks bordering the beach. And there were almost no other people on it. All in all a delightful stay. I suspect that we will return for another four-day stay as part of our next visit.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nelms
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Le Guanahani is definitely the best place to stay in Saint Barth, either on your own or with family and friends. Great staff, always helpful and available. Best spot for lunch in summer, with your feet in the sand, always windy with a nice breeze when it's so hot everywhere else on the island!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
saintbarth97133, General Manager at Le Guanahani, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Patricia s
I am delighted to read that you appreciated the friendly and professional staff, and the Indigo on the beach with a breathtaking view on the lagoon.
I look forward to welcome you back very soon.
Best regards.
Martein van Wagenberg
Managing Director

Reviewed 22 August 2017

From the moment you arrive, the staff is extremely friendly and taking care of all your needs. The hotel's property is a tropical beach oasis, breath taking. The rooms are elegant and very comfortable. Easy access to the beach and pool area. The food at all their restaurants and room service are A+. It was my first visit but not my last!!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World

Dear A5384DFpatrickk,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Le Guanahani.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the personalized service of our team, the lush gardens, the colorful bungalows and the food.
I look forward to welcome you back very soon
Best regards