All reviews friday night continental breakfast post office room was clean and comfortable close to shops street side pay the difference bar serves hotel is centrally located middle of town excellent place to stay hotel employees johnny cakes great view mac cheese great island windward side
Reviewed 13 May 2012

My fiance and I were staying on Saint Martin and had decided to take a day trip to Saba. After a short flight on a small WinAir plane, we landed on the beautiful island of Saba. After passing through the small airport, we were greeted by a very tall man who asked us if we needed a taxi. The man's name was Peddy, and he was a fantastic resource for our first trip to Saba. Peddy told us the history of the island and how he was born and raised there; he was very personable and gave us a lot of great information.

We hadn't eaten breakfast, so Peddy drove us up the winding road (also known as "The Road", as it is the only main road on the island) of the island and dropped us off at Scout's Place.

Scout's Place was perfect. Even though it was early in the morning, the ambiance was still great. It is a cozy but semi open air place with lots of indoor and outdoor seating, as well as a very large bar. We sat on the patio/deck and the view is breathtaking. From the deck you can hear the native birds and crowing roosters and the early morning sounds of the island.

I ordered coffee and a ham and cheese johnny cake and the fiance had cappuccino and the Caribbean breakfast, which was a large portion of cooked and seasoned saltfish with onions and sweet peppers, a johnny cake and a salad, all of which was delicious. The service was friendly and swift. Our bill was around $18, well worth it for the quality and taste of the food. We then stopped in the gift shop to purchase a map of Mount Scenery (for around $3 American) as our plan was to climb the mountain after breakfast. The beginning of the trail was a short walk from Scout's Place, and we were able to get walking sticks, which are free to loan from the trail shop which is very close to the beginning of the trail.

All in all I'm sure Scout's Place is a great hangout and night scene for travelers and locals alike, and they even have Sabaoke once a week, which is their version of karaoke.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank christinakutch
SabaDivers, Owner at Scout's Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Dear guests, we are very happy that you enjoyed our place. We always try to offer a relaxed and fun place and atmosphere. Our chefs offer lots of local food as fresh as we can get it. Mrs Chantal from Haiti, our dinner chef besides myself and Mrs Joyce from Dominica for lunch are experts when it come to Johnny Cakes and Caribbean breakfast, curry goat stew, stewed red snapper or other Caribbean dishes. We have heard many times that people fell in love with their delicious creations. No doubt, the view is really fantastic from our terasses and even after 12 years on Saba I enjoy it each time myself when I step on them. Thank you for this favorable review and we hope to see you back one of this days. Stay safe.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stayed at Scouts for a week before starting med school and we totally loved it! the view from the rooms is GEORGEOUS, not to mention the view from the breakfast area which is breathtaking. All the food is amazing...the Shawarma was so good I totally recomend it! and the fries that come with each meal are deliscious also, hard to not eat them all! Scouts is right in the middle of Windward side, making its location ideal. We were able to walk to some trails, stores, and plenty of restaurants! The staff is very friendly and helpful :)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yirka_Ryan
SabaDivers, Manager at Scout's Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Dear guests: there is not much we can add to your review, besides that we are really proud of our place and we thank you very much that you added this friendly and nice review to trip advisor. We promise to keep up the good work. All the best with your studies.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stayed at Scout's Place after my client recommended this property. It's a little reverse as I am a travel agent but I sent her here and she loved it. I was in Saba for two days. It's a charming little island perfect for hiking and diving. Scout's Place is a small very spartan very casual spot. The desk staff were very nice. I was on my own and stumbled in to have a drink at night and met the owner and friends. They told me the place was closed. It was a little awkward as everything pretty much was closed. I walked around aimlessly trying to find something to do. If I were the owner of a hotel and there was a single travel agent woman, I'd have asked her to come have a drink. Anyway, they have every right to a night off away from guests for sure.Saba is a go to bed early place. I stayed in the summer of 10. Scout's Place is great for divers. Billy the taxi driver took care of me.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Ann P
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Scout's Place on Saba has great local ambiance, good food, and they take special personal attention to every detail! While travelling to Saba with 20 high-school students, we were stranded by bad weather for a day/night, and the Scout's Place staff really looked out for us! Reasonable prices as well, I highly recommend Scout's Place!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JaySXM

It was a pleasure helping you guys out. We are very happy that you enjoyed the service and our attention. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

This place is great! Helpful and friendly staff for all of our questions on how to enjoy Saba. Breakfast was perfect and what incredible views eating in the morning! We LOVED our dives and the room we stayed in. The dive masters were awesome and wanted to give us the best dives for the conditions each day. They took good care of us and our dive gear. We became friends and enjoyed all the other divers and travelers we met. Thanks Scouts -- already hoping to return for another visit!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauree77

Thank you very much. This is exactly what we want to offer to our customers: fun time , safe diving, delicious food, great rooms, friendly service and happy visitors. Thank you that you took the time to write this review. It keeps us going and makes us happy too. A great reward for us to see that you enjoyed your stay.