All reviewsorchid cottagetropics cafelily pondsea sabaocean viewhappy hourgoatbreakfast was includedowners and staffwonderful islandon site restaurantdive packageplace to stayair conditioner in the bedroomvolcanic rockrelaxed atmospherefull kitchen
Reviewed 3 May 2018

To describe what's best about Juliana's you really have to have an understanding of what Saba is. It's very unlike most Caribbean islands. No beaches most of the year (there's a small one at certain times). Instead it's mostly a volcanic rock that juts out of the sea, producing steep hills, lush vegetation that varies by altitude zones, and amazing vistas out to sea. Juliana's is perched on one of these vistas and many of the rooms and cottages have spectacular views.

To that I'd add that the staff is friendly, helpful and attentive - in a very "more American than Caribbean" way. The "manana" attitude that you get in so many Caribbean resorts for everything from a room repair to a meal order is not the order of the day at Juliana's. We had a couple small room problems that were addressed quickly, and the dining at the on-site restaurant (Tropics) featured great service. In so many ways, they're well organized, prompt, and really cater to the guests.

Saba isn't easy to get to, but I hope to get back someday and if I do, I'll be very happy to go back to Juliana's.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2018

What a fabulous little hotel. My husband and I recently spent 8 nights in an ocean view room here. The room was beautiful with a wonderful view of the ocean. It was absolutely spotless throughout with enough towels for 4 people! The swimming pool is a delight with all the beds facing the ocean. Xiomare the lady on reception was truly fantastic, nothing was too much trouble and it was a delight to speak to her every day. The owners Wilm and Johanna ( apologies if I have spelt them wrong) were the perfect hosts and work extremely hard to ensure all the guests are happy and contented. Both the restaurant which serves superb meals and the bar have a relaxed atmosphere and the staff are really friendly. Overall we couldn’t have wished for a better place to stay on a truly wonderful island

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are perfect
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2018

Visited this location 2/5-2/12/2018. Absolutely no complaints. Perfect! Pristine! Friendly! Exquisite! Check in with Xiomara -perfect and flawless -she knew who I was greeted me by my name, got to the room a personalized note of welcome -hand written. I had an ocean view room -clean,crisp and absolutely breathtaking. Rubia the house keeper was friendly and professional, my first time communicating with her was like knowing her for a long time, like family, beautiful personality, very nice. "Wilm" the owner was fabulous, warm and attentive to his guests, took personalized care, throughout my visit. You have to visit the restaurant on site "Tropics" for dinner - five stars-presentation and flavor of meals worth every penny. Not sure of the bartenders name -but drinks were on point - BIG ups to the Rasta!!! I walked around the property it had character as well as was very well maintained. Thank you Juliana's for a wonderful experience on my first visit to Saba. I plan to come back and will have no reservations as where to stay, you are TOP NOTCH!! Shout out to Rosco (pet dog) yes Wilm he responds to me even though you say he's deaf. :)

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2018

My husband and I recently spent a wonderful week at Juliana's. We previously only stayed with them three nights, so really enjoyed the longer stay this trip. This time, we stayed in the ocean-view rooms. They are absolutely beautiful and clean. Everything in proper working order, spacious, great views....Fridge and coffee maker most welcome. I enjoyed having tea on the balcony every evening. A/C worked perfectly. I like to sleep cold at night and we only needed it on a few minutes in the afternoon to cool off the room when we first came in, otherwise, the breezes are enough to cool the room down to a comfortable level. Water pressure is great and ample hot water. Enjoyed the new, "no service needed" signs as we only needed minimal service. They provide ample linens in the rooms at the beginning of your stay, so if you dry your towels properly, you will need only a minimal refresh of them during your stay. I am a SUPER light sleeper and was able to hear some noise in the next unit (TV and banging on the walls), but put in my earplugs and was fine. Husband didn't really notice it at all. We had the king room, and the bed is beautiful, but creaky so every time my husband would turn over, I would awaken to the loud creaks. I think it just needs tightened up or something. Wifi worked perfectly and was pretty quick most of the trip. I didn't expect it to work so well on island.

The grounds are beautiful as they always are. Pool is kept very clean and we enjoyed it a few times during our stay. The restaurant is excellent, best dinner on island (reviewed separately)

Wim and Johanna are excellent hosts, very hard workers. They are very easy to talk to, but don't bother guests if they don't want to be bothered. I enjoyed our conversations with them. They have the best dog and cat and we really enjoyed seeing them every day and giving them some love too. They also have great staff working for them and it was a pleasure to see them every day.

I had an issue with my luggage and Wim went above and beyond in helping get it to me as soon as possible. It was very much appreciated as it contained all our dive gear and I am much more comfortable in my own stuff under water.

As I have said before, I think for the level of service, quality of accommodations, amenities, and included delicious breakfast, their prices are a steal!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

This was our second stay here at Juliana’s and our first visit back since the 2017 hurricanes. We were glad to see that the hotel was in great shape. All the rooms were clean and the hotel was upkept very nicely. Juliana’s is centrally located and within walking distance of most restaurants in Windwardside and some great hikes. We really enjoyed the daily free wine hour for hotel guests at the Tipsy Goat Bar on site. We will be back soon.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Juliana's Hotel S, Owner at Juliana's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear Jane S,
So glad to have had you as our guests again! Hopefully we'll see you again soon and share a glass for wine with you.
Greetings,