All reviews queens garden tree house hot tub living room our honeymoon open air very special place lounge area course dinner welcome drink every turn exceeded expectations outdoor bar world class sandy cruz tiny island beautiful property
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Queen's Garden is as beautiful is it's staff is exquisite. We came on a week long dive trip and I would go back to Saba just to stay with Clair and her staff. All the staff from Duco, Frank, Caroline and Henry made up feel like we were part of the family. They provided us towels to take diving each day, box lunches whenever we wanted and just about anything else. I spoke at length with most of the staff on multiple occasions.

Saba is not the biggest of islands, but if you ask for something the staff will do their best to get it. I asked for yogurt at breakfast one day, but they did not have it. The next day it was on the menu. Speaking of menu, make sure eat there, but I will rave on the restaurant in another post.

Some of the suites have air conditioners in the bedrooms, but many do not. We stayed in the Queen's Suite, which was great. My dive buddy stayed in the master with a/c. I stayed in the loft without. I got cold each night and the covers felt great. We kept windows and sliding doors open the entire time and it was wonderful Saba is not for everyone, but if you want to dive, hike or venture off the beaten path this is the place for your.

Queen's Garden is the Bottom and it will cost about $8 to travel back and forth to Windwardside and there is a lot there. Make sure you bring enough cash. One tip is to eat at Chez Bubba which is owned by Queen's Garden. They will pay for the cab and food is great!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Acemajorphi
Reviewed 1 July 2018

I cannot sing the praises of the staff and experience my wife and I had at the Queen's Gardens Resort enough. My wife surprised me and booked us the Culinary package for the first half of our honeymoon and it was amazing. First off, there was a taxi waiting for us at the airport to take us to the airport. We were originally planning on taking the ferry from St. Maarten but found out the day before that the particular ferry was out of commission so we booked our flights the night before we left. We hadn't communicated with QGR so I have no idea by what magic or expert deductive power they knew which flight we were on. When we arrived we were greeted with "Congratulations" from the owner and manager, Claire, and had juice cocktails while she went over things with us in the office. (Note: Every member of staff we interacted with knew we were on our honeymoon and offered us "congratulations" which was great and was a really lovely touch.)

We had lunch at the restaurant, had the Sandwich Trio & the Veggie Sandwich, both were amazing and anytime we had lunch at the Resort that is what we ate. I highly recommend the culinary package if you're into food. Then most of your meals are taken care of. Breakfast every morning, a surprise 2-course dinner every evening with the exception of the day that you do your culinary workshop with the Chef. Chef Johan is amazing and an absolute joy. He's really friendly and so passionate about food and his work. There was nothing that came out of his kitchen that we were disappointed with. Drinks and desserts are not included but well worth having. We had dinner and breakfast in the Nest whenever we could, which is essentially a tree house in a couple of mango trees. The view is fantastic and a wonderful place to eat.

Our room was at the top which was a struggle for me sometimes, but that's cause my knees aren't great but I would stay in that room again. The view was absolutely spectacular. Our bags and a chilled bottle of champagne was waiting for us. Duco ushered us up and went over things in the room mainly in regards to the hot tub. The decor was rustic but it fit and we loved it. Complimentary coffee, tea and bottled water available and refilled everyday. The TV had no cable but there was blu-ray player and an array of DVDs available to borrow from the office. There is no air con however there were plenty of windows and doors that could be propped open and the cross breeze was great. If you need air con then this might not be the best place for you but it also wasn't insanely hot due to the variety of climate zones on the island. The bed was very comfortable and we slept great. Plus, there are bathrobes!!! I had never stayed somewhere in which bathrobes were provided, so I was really jazzed about that and felt very fancy.

The staff all made the effort to get to know us a bit and we were able to have really great conversations with a lot of them in between the busyness of the day to day. They were attentive and extremely accommodating. I must give my praise to the management, we had a slight bug issue in our room that we brought to Claire's attention and she had it handled very quickly. She answered any questions we had and even booked us our dive experience even though we were going to be checked out by that time.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention and tip my hat to the resident bartender, Duco. He specialises in Gin & Tonics and they are delicious. He told us about a variety of the different gins and how he was preparing them and it was absolutely lovely to talk mixology with him. Every drink we had, we just asked him to surprise us and he did his thing. We also attended the Gin tasting event they hosted and that was a great experience. We are on a G&T kick right now and have been inspired to explore that world at home.

I could keep going on about this place but it comes down to the fact that the atmosphere that has been created by Claire and her staff is wonderful. It was well worth the money, and I couldn't have been happier with our experience. My wife and I can't wait to return to Saba and we can't wait to visit our friends at Queen's Gardens again.

Room tip: Rooms further up may have better cross breezes but if you have trouble with stairs, ask for a room on a lower level.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank MMendez47
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We were a group of 16 with a special need: we wanted to do Scottish Country Dancing several evenings. The QGR was extremely accommodation, clearing out their wooden-floored conference room and providing a sound system for our music. In addition, Duco at the bar was the consummate magician, making world-class G&Ts that had flavors of (e.g.) Surinam Cherries, essences of basil, sprigs of rosemary, heaven's knows what else. All the staff were magnificent, the views were incredible, the visit was delightful. And....the food was excellent. For booking, note that a few rooms did not have Jacuzzis, and only a few had air-conditioners (not really needed bccause of the breezes). There are many steps to most rooms.

Date of stay: June 2018
Claire V, Eigenaar at Queen's Gardens Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words and it was such a pleasure having your group with us. We hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We came for drinks and dinner. Did not care for what was on the menu that night so stayed and had cocktails. The setting is unbelievable. Quite and at night just plain relaxing. I wish I could recall the bartender’s name; skinny guy from the Netherlands. He was great. Only issue is that unless you are staying there, it is remote from any other nightlife.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are both avid divers and we first visited Saba in March 2011. Since then, we have been major repeat customers averaging a little more than one trip per year (9 trips in 8 years.) After our first visit we were so blown away by the hospitality and amazing diving that we immediately booked another trip for August of that same year. The rest is history. The diving is phenomenal (check out zahnerphoto for my husband’s underwater shots) and the cuisine is top notch. Hidde and Claire are really passionate about food and that comes through in their kitchens. They are constantly looking for new flavors and spices so they can bring innovation to the clients. We could pretty much go anywhere in the world, but we choose to return here at least once a year, to the unspoiled queen because it truly is magical and we feel like we’re home when we are at Queen’s. You make us feel like we are part of your family and that keeps us coming back. As a super particular New Yorker, I can honestly say that a stay at Queen’s Gardens should not disappoint you.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple