“beautiful hotel, great location, nice private beach”
Review of Hotel Bakoua

Hotel Bakoua
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Trois-Ilets
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Stayed here as a solo traveler and loved it. It has its own white sand beach and comfy chairs to relax in. Wifi works on the beach! Beautiful rooms, very nice staff and delicious breakfast! Centrally located to walk about. Bus top right near by to adventure out of area.

Room Tip: bungalows down by the beach front. calm and right on the beach!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 August 2017

I stayed in the Hotel Bakoua for a whole week from Feb. 25 to March 4, 2017. I was very pleased with it! All of the rooms are waterview,, with beautiful views of the very large Baie de Fort de France and of Fort de France, even at night, directly across the water from the hotel. I was also very happy with my "garden view" room and its large and spacious bathroom. I was very impressed with how abundant and beautiful the hotel's grounds are! I loved its physically unusual pool and scenic and very spacious beach. I loved the breakfasts and the beautiful scenery from where it is eaten! Importantly, the hotel has a very excellent and advantageous location, having easy walking distance to a variety of things. Even more importantly, I found its employees, particularly at the front desk, to be generally cordial, warm, and helpful, in French and/or English, with one of the men at the front desk, a Jean-Claude, to be a memorable and impressive stand-out!

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 3 July 2017

The Hotel Bakoua is in a perfect location with a small private beach and several other lovely beaches within a very short distance, 2 minutes walk. Shops, many restaurants and cafes about 5 minutes walk away and the ferry to Fort de France about 8 minutes. You pay for the ferry trip on the ferry, always buy a return ticket. It's cheaper than a one way ticket.
Eating: You can eat at the hotel but limited choices, for verity check the many restaurants available "down town".
The room itself was clean and tidy, bed very comfortable. The Staff were helpful and friendly but speaks limited English, but there was always someone available who spoke fluent English. Free Wifi that worked.
I was there for Father's day and the hotel had a paid Buffet however the hotel guest were invited and did not have to pay. FREE. Now that is what I call being treated as family.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper keep away from Rooms 22, 23 and 24. Main route to the other rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2017

My mom and I visited Martinique by cruise for the day last week and wanted to spend a nice day on a beach not far from the port in Fort-de-France. Martinique is not a well-known island in the cruise circle so there weren’t a lot of options to research, but after digging deeper I discovered suggestions to take the short 15 minute ferry ride over from FDF to Pointe du Bout where we could visit nice restaurants, shops, and hotels on the beach. This sounded perfect, so I researched the hotels and happily stumbled upon Hotel Bakoua. I emailed them asking if we could rent chairs and have lunch on the beach for the day even without being hotel guests, and they graciously responded promptly to all of my questions by email which I appreciated, especially since again, we wouldn’t even be staying at the hotel. They confirmed we could rent chairs for 10 euros each on the beach and enjoy lunch at the Coco Bar over the water. So, last week we went for it and had the best most relaxing day of our entire cruise. The hotel was literally a 2 minute walk from where the ferry dropped us off, so easy. We got chairs under a big umbrella for the day, and enjoyed the quiet little cove beach with no waves, so nice to be able to float and relax. And the Coco Bar was fantastic! I wasn’t expecting much from a small place over the water, but they actually did made to order fresh salads and paninis and they were both amazing! I have been to France and the French Rivieria in particular and this easily felt like I was there. The salad and sandwich had quality meats and cheeses and even came with a side of warm bread and dipping oil. It was a lovely day and I would definitely return for the day by cruise or hopefully even stay here in the future since Martinique was so fantastic!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Love2DineOutNJ
Reviewed 12 April 2017

Would give this place a miss. It is a very tired hotel the rooms have a damp smell. Although we arrived 1.5 hour after check in time our room was not ready. Once they had it sorted we went to the room to find we had no toiletries. We spoke to reception who said they would sort it we had left to get our dinner on our return we did have some but it was a little late!!
There are beautiful views from the hotel and its position is ideal but the shabbiness lets it down. It is an expensive hotel but I have stayed in better premier inns.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trois-Ilets
0.3 km away
9.3 km away
Diamant Beach
Diamant Beach
#1 of 4 in Le Diamant

Been to Hotel Bakoua? Share your experiences!