“Birthday Vacation”

Residence du Village Creole
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Trois-Ilets
Reviewed 1 April 2017

Very happy with this spot. Easily accessible to food, stores, ferry to Fort de France, and beach.

It got a little noisy at night but I still slept like a baby.

The receptionist was very helpful in getting a cab to the airport. She was able to find a company that took credit card; Allo Taxi. The cab driver was friendly and informative.

I could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Village-Creole, Responsable réception at Residence du Village Creole, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your comment.
We do our best to satisfy our customers.

See you soon!!
Sunny regards !!

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

This is actually a series of studio apartments on top of the shops. It's a fun tourist spot filled with upscale shops and restaurants. I was worried that the party at the outdoor bars and restaurants would keep me up all night, but it ended at midnight, so no problem.

The best part is that so many good things are within walking distance. There was a French bakery selling warm bread all day long, with pastries for breakfast. There were many creperies and ice cream shops. A lovely secluded beach with coconut palms was a short walk away. There was even a small grocery store. I only bought one meal a day in restaurants, since I made sandwiches for lunch.

You can sign up for many tours at the docks, or take the ferry to Fort de France. Everyone was very nice, and most people who worked at the shops immediately switched to English once I started speaking my less than perfect French.

I would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Muffinlady01
Village-Creole, Responsable réception at Residence du Village Creole, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your comment.
We do our best to satisfy our customers.

See you soon!!
Sunny regards !!

Reviewed 9 March 2017

We stayed at Village Creole for 4 nights in a Standard Apartment. We only had wi-fi the first evening and it only worked in the front room. This was a huge issue because we needed to work and chose this place because they said they had wi-fi. We also needed it to plan our travel route to air-port, check-in for our flight, etc. The staff said that the outage was a complex-wide issue, yet they had wi-fi in their office (which they allowed us to use).
Martinique in general is very clean, but this apartment was slightly dirty inside the dresser drawers and some of the dishes. All the kitchenware was of the poorest quality. The coffee maker was the cheapest one I'd ever seen around the world and difficult to use because the plastic parts did not fit well together. The bed was very soft and had a huge dip in the middle. The lighting was ridiculous. I think all the bulbs must of been 10w; you could barely see. Maybe they were trying to create a mood, except they used a garish mix of fluorescent and tungsten light bulbs. Impossible if you are trying to pack your bags after dark. Also, one of the light bulbs was dead, but I was already so tired of continually going to reception to ask how things that should be obvious worked, or for missing kitchen tools like a bottle opener, that I gave up. Another low watt bulb wasn't going to make much difference anyway.
The furniture was arranged so you could not even open one half the clothes closet. I didn't want to use the closet anyway because it had cleaning supplies in it and I didn't want my clothes hanging next to dirty mops. The garbage situation was unclear and difficult. They charge you for things like unwashed dishes and trash not disposed of when you leave. The recycling and trash are in the parking lot, back behind the restaurants, so, depending on where your apartment is, you are walking a block or so to get to the trash bins. Overall, the complex was very Disney in feeling, which is fine for things like convenience and families with children, of which there were a lot. We didn't even plan to eat out much, which is why we got an apartment, but there is only one l'épicerie from the tip of Pointe du Bout down to Hotel Bambou that I could find. It was very poor. Terrible produce if it was even in stock. Not many options for groceries, but lots of booze in that shop.

The staff was lovely. Everyone I talked to was helpful and friendly. The complex eateries and bars are decent, but there are a few really nice places very close in walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank suzaTravels
Village-Creole, Responsable réception at Residence du Village Creole, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

Dear Guest.

We are sorry that we do not answer to yours expectations.
A big breakdown damaged the wifi system of customers. We have 2 wifi systems (one for reception and one for customers), that's why we had internet in the office. It's not often but sometimes we can have problem like home !!
We remain at the customer's disposal for any requests or remarks as soon as we know problems.
At 200m from the Residence you can find a little epicerie, bakery...it's not so far.

Sunny regards.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

We were there for 3 nights, and like the review says below it is not a "hotel" per American standards. We stayed in room 115, this a 2 bedroom place, it was SUPER CLEAN (which made me so happy) and it is perfectly located. You have great options to eat at in the plaza and it is super close to the beach and the ferry that takes you Fort de France. The ladies at the front desk were SUPER helpful in providing us with directions and beach options. There a nice little market nearby and a pharmacy. The rooms had air conditioning which worked perfectly and definitely kept the place cold. The mini fridge did take a while to get the waters we purchased to get cold but that was fine with us. Bring or buy your own shampoo and other personal items cause they only provide mini soaps.

Room Tip: Try to arrive during the day time because seeing the road signs at night can be hard to locate the h...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank lilyaa
Village-Creole, Responsable réception at Residence du Village Creole, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your comment. Customer satisfaction is for us the most important and we do everything possible to make your stay happen wonderfully.
We hope to see you again in Résidence Village Créole !!

Sunny regards

Village Créole Team

Reviewed 24 February 2017

Before booking, everyone should understand that this is an apartment--not a "hotel" per American standards. With that understanding, this place was wonderful. There was a kitchenette which had everything you need (except sponges and garbage bags). The room was clean and I believe each room had a porch which is where my husband and I spent the majority of our time when we were at the room.

The village itself is wonderful--each restaurant had incredibly friendly staff who you get to know during your stay. My husband and I loved being able to just walk out of our apartment and sit down at any bar for a drink. A thing to note is that some restaurants only to euro and not CB. Our favorite restaurant in the villlage was L'Annexe (https://www.tripadvisor.fr/Restaurant_Review-g147329-d3834522-Reviews-L_Annexe-Trois_Ilets_Arrondissement_of_Le_Marin_Martinique.html) and our favorite place to drink was La Bodega du Bout (https://www.tripadvisor.fr/Restaurant_Review-g147329-d9563925-Reviews-La_Bodega_du_Bout-Trois_Ilets_Arrondissement_of_Le_Marin_Martinique.html).

Outside the village you will find many more restaurants, a pharmacy, the marina, a supermarket, a plethera of ice cream and creperies and a great bakery.

The beach is about a 5 minute walk from the village. You can rent lounge chairs from the hotel next door (Hotel Bakoa) but they cost 20 Euro/day. Instead, I suggest picking up some inexpensive beach chairs (if you can't spend the day on your towel) from Fort-de-France which is across the bay and accessible by ferry or car.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tilipmans
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trois-Ilets
0.2 km away
14.5 km away
Hotel Corail Residence
Hotel Corail Residence
#1 of 9 in Sainte-Luce

Been to Residence du Village Creole? Share your experiences!