“Good food and setting”

Ranked #32 of 72 Restaurants in Trois-Ilets
Price range: US$17 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Restaurant La Marine (for 40 years) Welcomes you every day from 8am to 11pm. A choice of delicacies, subtle formulas, a friendly staff, a controlled budget. Musical atmosphere every Saturday night. Restaurant - Glacier - Pizza - Cocktails
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Good accras, good cocktails, good fish, very good lambis (as per my lambi-expert wife), good banane flambée, and very good "Mont-Pelé" ice cream dessert.
Also very good service, and good location on the marina.
That was our first restaurant after arrival in Martinique, and also the last one before we left. Our second time visit was equally good (just a pizza, and coffee).
To us, that was the best restaurant within a walking distance of Pointe-Du-Bout (and we did try a bunch!).

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 10 March 2018

We have eaten here twice in three days. We had a nice dinner a few days ago - Partner had a pizza La Reine (ham and cheese), and I had grilled prawns on a skewer. Very tasty. Today we had a very nice luch - they feature a 21-euro menu for lunch: a mini-assiette creole (a selection of mixed salad, Creole blood sausage, and fishcakes which would be sufficient by itself as a light meal), a main course (your choice of pizza, pasta, fish, or chicken), and a dessert. Partner had their four-cheese penne; I had the grilled daurade. Dessert was coconut flan. Very tasty. Service seems slow if you're an American, but just sit back and enjoy the ambiance (there's always something going on at the marina for you to watch).

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

I don’t like leaving negative reviews, but sometimes it’s necessary.
We visited this bar/restaurant as we had 50 mins to spare before we go the boat back to Fort-de-France.
It was relatively busy, but by no means packed so we popped in for a drink or two. I went to the bar and was told it was table service only.
We then waited 10-15 mins before we approached staff again who gave us a menu before disappearing.
The people on the table next to us left at this point without being served.
We tried attracting their attention (we felt constantly ignored) to order drinks and after another 10-15 mins we managed to place our order.
We then waited several more minutes and as we were by then getting pushed for time we wanted to cancel the drinks as we no longer had time to consume them as our boat was due. Yet again we were continually ignored, so we reluctantly had to leave the bar after a total of 45 minutes and rush to our boat without managing to cancel our order.
During this time another table near us also left without being served.
Not sure if it was because we weren’t local and they were primarily serving the French ex pats, but if they told us they were not going to serve us it would have been less painful!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 2 February 2018

A very nice open air restaurant. We only had appetizers on a Sunday--where people were having their big meal of the day.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

For our last night of vacation together in Martinique, we decided to dine at the harborside restaurant La Marine. My friend and so had eaten there during our visit last year, and wanted to treat my grown daughter. They both ordered red snapper, and my daughter ordered ceviche as well. The server brought out my chevre chaud salad, the ceviche, and the red snapper for my friend all at the same time. My daughter finished the ceviche, which was okay but not as tasty as she hoped. My friend wrangled with all the bones when she had expected the snapper to be filet. The seasonings were not very exceptional either.

My daughter waited for her own red snapper to be brought out, but we finished eating & it still hadn't come. The waitress had forgotten, but instead of apologizing or allowing us to cancel the order, she insisted it had already been cooked and the best she could do was fix it to go. We should have thrown a fit and refused to pay for it. My daughter was too nice to do that, but did pay the bill in cash with the smallest coins she could find.

We really regretted not returning to the nearby L'Explorateur restaurant instead of patronizing La Marine. We are terribly disappointed.

Date of visit: January 2018