Courbaril Village(Trois-Ilets)
US$159
Hotel Le Panoramic(Trois-Ilets)
US$145
US$137
Carayou Hotel & Spa(Trois-Ilets)
US$195
US$78
Hotel La Pagerie(Trois-Ilets)
US$214
bedfinder
All reviewsbreakfast and dinnerdemi pensionroom refrigeratorgrilled red snapperdouble sink vanitybacon and eggsbeach viewbeach chairsrental carchocolate croissantfiletkey cardbuffet stylehalf houranse mitannice beachmini fridge
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Hotel Bambou would appeal to someone who is not looking for a big crowded resort. It's more of a boutique type hotel. They do have a concession next door that offers kayak and wave runner rentals and there are excursions to dive and snorkeling areas as well as other places. Particularly in the evening, the restaurant reminded me of a tropical Elks Lodge (but more attractive) filled with nice laid-back "over age 55 types." This is not to say that there were not any young families around - there were.....but I would estimate that half of the dining room was filled with older guests who were having a great time. There was live music every night and it was toe-tapping wonderful!
The gated complex of accommodations at Hotel Bambou is attractive and charming - one and two-story cottages and stone paths lined with lush landscaping and gorgeous flowers.
Check-in: We were greeted by a smiling young lady who immediately recognized that our knowledge of French was limited. She spoke to us in English and offered us a complimentary cocktail or juice made from Martinique's indigenous fruits. We were given one key card and later realized that we needed two since the electronic key card not only serves to open gates and the room but also goes in a slot inside the room to activate lights and AC. In other words, if one person left the room for a walk, the one left behind was without lights. A second key card was no problem. The nice young lady (wish I remembered her name) handed us two beach towels and explained that a deposit was necessary on our credit card in case we didn't return the towels. And before we were given the directions for where to park our rental car and how to get to our room, we were given an appropriate colored bracelet to wear to indicate that we were entitled to breakfast, dinner and beach chairs.
Accommodations: We booked, "Junior Suite, beach view," which is in the newer section with its own name - Creole Village. We were on the second floor, one room away from the pool that is only available to guests in this section. The beach is on the other side of the pool with its own private access (using the key card, of course) The room was just as it was pictured with cathedral beamed ceiling and modern rustic decor. It was sparkling clean and well equipped - Iphone charging station, TV and remote, in-room refrigerator, in-room safe, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, double sink vanity in the bathroom and large walk-in shower. We did need the adapters that we ordered for use in the room (same as in France). The bedding was a little too firm for me but I adjusted to it. Suggested improvement for the staff-- since it rained quite a bit during our stay, the water collected on the tile porch and took a long time to dissipate. Wish there had been a broom to sweep the water off as walking in flip flops on a very wet porch can be slippery.
Restaurant: Food was good to excellent. Breakfast was served from 7 Am to 9:30 and was pretty much the same offering every day. The dinner buffet is served from 7 PM to 10 PM and the menu changes daily. Favorite breakfast items: Yogurt cups in local fruit flavors, ham and scrambled eggs combo, plain and chocolate croissants,
fresh sliced fruit, fresh juice and.....really good coffee! There were also cereals available. Favorite dinner buffet items: red beans and rice and merguez sausages, tuna filets in cream sauce, mussels in curry sauce, grilled chicken, grilled pork ribs, chicken in creole sauce (don't remember the proper name), octopus stew, cod fritters, and mini onion and cheese tarts (they were so delicious) There was always a cold salad bar as well. Out of five dinners, there were only two menu items that were not winners - the roasted lamb (tough) and spaghetti carbonara (too much smoke flavor from the pork belly bits). Service was great. We appreciated the fact that the waitresses and waiters didn't hover over us asking if we wanted another cocktail. They were available whenever you needed something. We always asked for a complimentary pitcher of ice water as it seemed that most people had this at their table. (yes, it's ok to drink the water here) The rum punch and the wine by the glass was very reasonable. Loved the views from our dinner table of the lights of nearby Fort de France across the bay. One day we ate lunch at the Hotel's Snack Bar by the beach --we both had codfish salad on a baquette - it was very good. We also ate in the Hotel's restaurant for lunch one day - I had chicken Colombo (chicken curry) and my husband had the grilled red snapper - both dishes were excellent.
The Hotel Beach: Really nice beach - clean and a beautiful turquoise. Perfect for swimming. The complimentary beach towels and chairs were a plus and the towels could be replaced for fresh ones when needed. Cautionary tip: One day, I noticed that some senior people had a balancing problem getting out of the water at the water's edge and needed a hand- due to shifting sand with the tide. The solution if you are alone - walk in the water over to the nearby pier and hold onto the pier rail as you are exiting the water.
Bugs - I am always concerned about mosquito bites so I wore citronella bracelets that I found online - one on the wrist and one on the ankle. When we left the island I didn't have a single bite, so I can't say for sure if it was the plastic stretch bracelets or if I was just lucky.

Staying at Hotel Bambou was a really great experience which we hope to repeat next year!! Great value too! Next time we will take the ferry from the hotel to the city of Fort de France to do some sightseeing without the rental car. We ran out of time.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joanwilder95
Hotel Bambou M, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Bambou, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Hello,
Thank you verymuch for all this great comments !
We're so happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us !
See you soon !

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for a week in oct/November2017 and was both pleasantly surprised and disappointed.
Pool-I was very impressed how the entire hotel appeared to be wheelchair accessible. My family and I had no parties in wheelchairs however there were Ramps, wheelchair elevators, and even a wheelchair lift to be able to get in the pool. The pool was nice and was never over crowded.

Food- I was disappointed with this. There were fruit flies every night that were openly allowed to be on the food. I tried taking food from the bottom but still somehow managed to always find a fly in my food. The pickings were slim and for purchasing the all inclusive option it didn’t feel inclusive at all. One night my children had only rice and bread. The all inclusive option doesn’t include lunch or drinks. One morning I wasn’t feeling well and didn’t have breakfast but my kids did. A short time later I went back to get a croissant and was told because I came in earlier and sat for breakfast that I wasn’t allowed to have a second serving. Buy drinks at the supermarket and use the in room refrigerator because drinks at the hotel are unnecessarily expensive.

Rooms- our room was very nice. Ask for an updated room. FYI a lot of the channels are in French however there is a prompt on the remote that allows you to change one or two of the channels to English . This was the Highlight of our trip after the third day and having barely no one on the island or in our hotel speak english. The room does not come standard with the remote and you have to get it from the front desk.

Excursions- carol at the excursion desk was nothing short of amazing. Lovely lady who speaks English and will help you book anything you need. I recommend the helicopter ride over the island. I spent roughly 280 Euros for three people with ATF aviation. Franchette at atf was helpful and English speaking. Heliblue is much more expensive and triple the price.The hotels option is Heliblue but I asked carol to call atf which she facilitated

There is a little town called village creole that is a 5 minute walk down the street. More Americanized restaurants, local shopping, and a casino. Hotel didn’t even mention this place to me and someone on the beach shared this gem.

Come prepared with euros as it was difficult finding a place to exchange money other than at the airport or in Fort de France.

Fort de France- there is a ferry on the beaches ocean front that takes u into Fort de France. A must do. We visited the museum and did some shopping. Once you get off the boat there are shops to your left selling souvenirs... don’t buy there ..if you walk across the street or into any of the stores n the town it will be much cheaper.
The marche (marketplace) is a nice place to stop at and is a local market where we had lunch and bought some fruit.

Download a translator app because you will need it.

Driving- we didn’t rent a vehicle. If you plan to visit any other place other that Fort de France or a place by boat.....You will need to rent a car. A 20 minute car ride costs nearly 80 US dollars as taxis are metered.

The hotel will provide Transport to and from the airport for roughly 100 euros per couple.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Hello,
Thanks to share your experience at the hotel.
We're surprised by your comment about the flies in the food but we'll make sure this not happen again.
We don't have all inclusive option but only american plan( breakfast, lunch and diner, without drinks) or half-board (breakfast and diner), for the drinks, we propose flat rate.
We'll try to improve ourself about every negative point.
All the island work to a better welcome of english people.
Nonetheless, we hope you enjoyed your stay.
See you soon !

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for the perfect beach side lunch - then this is the place. They weren't very busy when we arrived so were able to get a table almost on the beach. Two of us had fresh lobster - so after choosing our lobster from the tank - it was then perfectly grilled - and eaten by us! This was a real treat and one we would recommend. One of our friends had the prawns and the other had fish - both of these meals were excellent. The wait staff were efficient and very friendly - service could have been a bit slow - but we weren't in a hurry, we just enjoyed our long lunch, the casual beach atmosphere and of course the really good food. We highly recommend you come here when you are visiting Anse Mitan at Trois-Ilets.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2017

We sat on their balcony and had a drink and appetizers. They offered us their beach chairs as well. The beach is soft sand and hardly any waves. A great place for kids or for a day relaxing on a float. Also, if you walk under the bridge and walk out to the small clusters of coral there is some great snorkeling. My kids also took out a jet ski which was right next to the hotel. It was a little pricey $50 per half hour but they could both ride the jetski together and a guide went with them. They loved it!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Traveled march 9 to 16th. Lovely hotel, cottage style ,colourful and friendly. We enjoyed our stay, the cottage was nice ,spacious,comfortable and clean. Air conditioning, water pressure everything was just fine. We had the Demi pension, which is continental breakfast and buffet style super. Our room a few steps from the pool, restaurant which is right on the beach . You can take the boat across to Fort de France a few steps from the hotel for a few euros. Now I must says anyone under 50 years old may not like it, we found most guests were probably over 60, lot's of
families with children and grand-parents great resort for this. Entertainment every evening, dancing, bathing suit show, creole dancers. Etc...
We enjoyed breakfast great croissants and chocolatine, fresh fruit, cold meat and cheese... as for the buffet I suppose it was good for most people, Maybe I'm a little fussy, not a Creole foody type. I must say though for lunch the beach restaurant was excellent and prices were the same as elsewhere.
We both really enjoyed this hotel, it' originality, great service and cleanliness definitely would recommend ..

Room Tip: Room 100 is the best available or any number in the 90,s
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple