All reviews breakfast and dinner room refrigerator grilled red snapper double sink vanity bacon and eggs beach view beach chairs rental car chocolate croissant filet key card nice beach mini fridge fort de france star hotel porch flag
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Traveled march 9 to 16th. Lovely hotel, cottage style ,colourful and friendly. We enjoyed our stay, the cottage was nice ,spacious,comfortable and clean. Air conditioning, water pressure everything was just fine. We had the Demi pension, which is continental breakfast and buffet style super. Our room a few steps from the pool, restaurant which is right on the beach . You can take the boat across to Fort de France a few steps from the hotel for a few euros. Now I must says anyone under 50 years old may not like it, we found most guests were probably over 60, lot's of
families with children and grand-parents great resort for this. Entertainment every evening, dancing, bathing suit show, creole dancers. Etc...
We enjoyed breakfast great croissants and chocolatine, fresh fruit, cold meat and cheese... as for the buffet I suppose it was good for most people, Maybe I'm a little fussy, not a Creole foody type. I must say though for lunch the beach restaurant was excellent and prices were the same as elsewhere.
We both really enjoyed this hotel, it' originality, great service and cleanliness definitely would recommend ..

Room Tip: Room 100 is the best available or any number in the 90,s
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lise D
Reviewed 3 March 2017

Cute spot, food was meh, english speaking front staff, near some shopping, evening entertainment was entertaining but they only spoke in french. Nice area on the beach and staff was pretty accommodating. The only thing they could improve is the food. If i were to visit again I would consider this place a 2nd time.... hoping the food menu changes.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 304tonib
Reviewed 2 March 2017

My husband and I are always on the look out for cheap fares to the Caribbean and couldn't pass up Norwegian Air's service from BWI to Martinique. We booked online with the Hotel Bambou and had no issues adding in airfare transit as well, based on other reviews 100 Euros round trip seemed fair and we were not interested in renting a car. The manager was quick to follow up with an email about our flight information to arrange the transportation, much appreciated.

We then got an email about a week before we left asking if we needed any information about the island and confirming our airport pick up, again, much appreciated.

We were greeted by the driver right at the airport as we left customs and we were on our way to the hotel, as many others have noted, English is not spoken much by the locals, so be prepared with basic French.

The front desk ladies who checked us in were super friendly and spoke very good English and gave us the lay of the land. We were staying in one of their bungalow rooms close to the pool and restaurant. Initially I was worried about noise, but that was not an issue at all! The bungalows are SUPER CUTE! They have everything you need, comfy beds, clean room and bathroom, and a mini fridge. The shower was a great size and the whole bathroom was a modern design.

We made it to the hotel in time for dinner that first night, you do get breakfast and dinner included in your room, which was very convenient. Dinners were good, many selections at the buffet and tasty deserts. We did order a 1/2 carafe of wine each night, a bargain at 5 euro!

The next morning we enjoyed our pastries for breakfast and looked out at the beach while we ate. We saw where the ferry into town was, night next to the hotel, and jumped on one after we finished. It's 7 euros round trip into Fort-de-France, and is a lovely 20 minute ride each way. It was carnival time so the city was bustling. We bought a couple of beers for later and a bottle of rum, since we had a fridge in our room we could chill them down quickly. After our return, we enjoyed some pool time before dinner and a quick stroll through the surrounding area. There are a couple of shops there where you can pick up some snacks, lunch and drinks. Very convenient.

The next day we just enjoyed ourselves on the beach. We got there in time after breakfast to find two chairs under one of the little tiki umbrellas. There's an attendant there who will help you find a chair and bring you an umbrella if you need it. For lunch we enjoyed a panini from the snack bar and our beers purchased the day before. We enjoyed looking out at the boats moored out in the inlet.

We were sad to leave the early the next morning, it was an easy check out and our driver was right there at 5:30am ready to take us back to the airport. We really enjoyed our time and look forward to a longer trip next time. The hospitality of all the staff was wonderful and we feel we got a lot of good value for our stay.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank swissmiss10
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

We didn't expect much from the pics but we were in the end surprised .
We stayed in the " superior " side of the hotel and our room was brand new , down to walls , sheets , bathrooms . Lovey porch . Great maid service and a large comfortable room with lots of closets , shelves , a fridge and a 220 plug .
There was no mini bar .
There was no one at the pool asking if they could bring you a pina colada but there was a store nearby where you could buy wines and spirits for the fridge .
We had a small pool that was used by only our area , it was often empty and we took a late night swim .
Fabulous sunsets from our porch .
Easy beach access and a short stroll to town if we wanted a change
This hotel serves breakfast and dinner included .
The food was edible . Not better than that .Do not expect much . Special omelettes and bacon and eggs? NO WAY . I made do w bread cheese some cantaloupe .
Dinner too was not great but we did eat there 3 of 7 nights and it was easy . Pickings slim but .!!!
Very little English was spoken . We met only one American couple in the entire week . The staff spoke adequate English but we wished for a bit better insight to the island which was not easily supplied in English .
I have to admit , that after ragging on the hotel a bit , i grew enchanted with it and was sorry to leave .
Good vacation . Simple good vacation

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2017

I’d eaten here at the Hotel Bamboo restaurant before, when I visited a year earlier, and had loved the evening buffet. This time we were there for a late lunch. My friend ordered the poulet colombo on salad, which she enjoyed. I ordered a grilled red snapper entrée, which I was disappointed in. For one thing, I was imagining a fillet, not a whole fish with the head still on it, staring at me. Also there wasn’t a lot of flesh… it was a pretty skinny fish. Although it had been grilled, it wasn’t really seasoned, so was kind of bland. The vegetables included manioc, which I also find bland.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends