“Really like this place!”

Imperatrice Village
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Trois-Ilets
Reviewed 2 February 2017

They have painted the studio's, replaced the mattresses and put new screen over the windows. The bathrooms haven't been renovated yet, but it didn't bother me. The air conditioning worked well. I placed a towel over the bathroom window and kitchen window to keep the heat out. The kitchen had plates, silverware, pots, 1 large bowl and whenever we needed something, Melanie always helped. They have a flat screen tv in the room but the shows are in French. My daughter and I loved the beds, they are sooooo comfortable. The pool was huge, which made me especially happy. The people here are so friendly and helpful. Melanie speaks good english and gave very good recommendations for places to see and eat. Melanie is so wonderful! They don't clean the rooms while you are staying here. If you bring them your towels, they will exchange them for clean ones and they will give you toilet paper as you need it, just ask. The private beach here is nice and you can see the bottom, many people were snorkeling and tanning on the beach. They have plenty of nice lounging chairs on the beach. They also have a volleyball net and hammocks hanging. There is a restaurant for drinks and lunch, it closes at 6pm and doesn't serve dinner. We ate breakfast our first morning which consisted of eggs, coffee, pastries, some deli meat and cheese, juice, cereal. We made breakfast in our room after that. You can walk to the nearby pier and beach from here and some restaurants. I rented a car so I could see the island. Their is a gentleman, Phillip who has a boat on the beach and for 25 Euros he will take you to the nearby beaches to snorkel with the turtles. He will teach you to scuba dive and just take you by boat to drop you off on another beach and pick you up later. There are land crabs here, hummingbirds, other birds and cats. We really enjoyed our stay here.

Room Tip: The rooms are all the same, but we were in room 142 and we could see the beach and restaurant.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank ecoastgail

Reviewed 24 March 2015

The resort is in bad disrepair the supposed self catering supplied were very minimal not even a chopping board or sharp knife .
Cobwebs in the room inside the bed lamps and we booked a double room but got two single bedside . We stayed three nights our room was not cleaned bin not emptied neither towels replaced until we requested . Reception opens at four we arrived in the morning and had to wait hours until we could enter our room . Friendly staffs but the poor state of the village is not good value the dining by the pool was very shabby you.
Would not return plus the road from Anse Mitan is a dark walk not good for females .
Tourist information supplied was out of date and covered in dust.
Shower old too small curtain was short thus water all over the floor and kept knocking the shower off as limited space

Room Tip: Call the owner
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CarolinaGianna
Reviewed 10 February 2015

This is a lovely property in desperate need of repairs. Rotted wood, peeling paint & no screens on the doors-letting in bugs & even a lizard. Some of the bungalows, from the exterior, appeared to have had repairs done. Pretty grounds & on a small beach. I got some pretty pictures of the beach but didn't make use of the beach-as it is tiny. The bed & pillow was probably the worst I have ever experienced. I felt as though I was sleeping on a wooden board & lumpy doesn't begin to describe the pillow. With some repairs I would highly recommend this complex-it truly is lovely grounds & I just love the creole architecture. It is very convenient to village creole-one of my favorite spots on the island.

Room Tip: I was as room 153 (bungalow sapotille)--2 suites to a bungalow. Near the beach & entrance-when...
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 January 2015

There are two L'Imperatrice hotels in Martinique one in Fort de France and the other in Anse Mitan. This review is for the one in Anse Mitan. The hotel shows much better in the daytime than if you arrive at night. It is very bare bones and some may like it that way. There is a secluded beach that is only accessible from the hotel grounds. The grounds are lovely and it gives the impression of being far off the beaten path which it is not. A five minute walk to the ferry and you can have a lovely boat ride into the center of Fort De France. The fare is 5.00 euro's per person one way or 7.00 euros round trip. BRING MOSQUITO REPELLENT. Mosquittos are no worse than anywhere else in the Caribbean but annoying if you are not prepared. Mattresses are very hard which is ok for me. WIFI is adequate but you will need one of the most complex passwords I have ever encountered. The room is air conditioned but the AC is barely up to the job because the rooms are designed to allow air to enter from outside.

If you arrive in Martinique and are traveling light, pull behind carry ons, I suggest you take a cab from the airport to the ferry dock and take the ferry from there. Then a short walk to the hotel. Last ferry leaves at 6:30 prompt. In tghe morning catch an early ferry into town and a take three block walk to the Fort de France L'Imperatrice on the Rue de Liberte". There on the second floor you can have a very adequate continental breakfast for $10.00 Euros. After breakfast you can walk the town, shop and find tours to all parts of the island. Be back to the ferry by 6:30PM for the trip back to Anse Mitan.
In the evening a medium walk puts you in Point de Bout a very artsy fartsy community of restaurants, galleries, and boutiques. We used taxi's to get to Point de Bout but they can be hard to come by. Boat trips are available from Point de Bout for snorkeling, scuba diving or just cruising and boozing.
Ceiling fans or portable fans would have been nice in the rooms to increase the airflow and to keep the mosquitoes off balance but we had our OFF.
There were no English channels available on the room TV. It was hard to wean myself from CNN and the BBC. You will like this hotel if you are the type of people that will make the best of a decent, less than four star situation. The price is good.

Room Tip: Rooms are semi detached cottages the closer to the beach may be better but finding it the first time...
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2015

The plus side first of all, this is a hotel with a nice location within easy walking distance of the restaurants and ferry stop at L'Anse Mitan. The grounds are beautifully landscaped with plentiful tropical flowers and hummingbirds galore. The small private beach is a pleasant place for a quick dip and the breakfast is pretty good, with croissants, fresh fruit etc.
But, and this is a big but, the chalet-style rooms here are depressingly shabby. Furnishings look like they were bought in the 1970s, the beds are saggy (a nightmare for anyone with any back issues) and the candlewick bedspreads look so grubby that I felt I had to wash my hands after handling them. Sheets had holes in them, the bathroom was clean, but still felt dirty and the kitchenette just made the room feel even more low-rent and grim. Also, the air conditioning leaked water, so we couldn't use that. The little terrace at the back was a Godsend as we really did not want to spend any more time than we absolutely had to in the room, but it had a very uninspiring view of the back of the reception hut.
I can't really comment on the staff as they were nowhere to be seen most of the time and rather inconveniently, reception closes for most of the middle of the day (about 12-4 I think) so if you do need anything for those 4 hours, good luck with that! Weirdly, on our first night someone started up either a chainsaw or a strimmer somewhere near our room at midnight. Goodness knows what all that was about, but it didn't help with a good night's sleep.
In summary, the beautiful grounds do not make up for the grimness of the rooms. Much investment is needed, starting with new beds, a lick of paint and new bedlinen. Not recommended.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trois-Ilets
0.7 km away
0.8 km away
Residence du Village Creole
Residence du Village Creole
#5 of 11 in Trois-Ilets

Been to Imperatrice Village? Share your experiences!