See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

During my 2 week stay I had no minibar singel size bed
Restsurant food en service was poor
No bar drinks service In the weekend
Hotel was 1,5 km from city center but walking at night is through a poor and dangeres streets

Airco is way to noisy and shower is with a curtain and poor quilety

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

Pro: Staff was nice.

Then there's everything else. I booked four nights and ended up leaving after only one. The hotel is not in the town (I may have not understood it's location). The room was rundown. Bare-bulbs, chips in the bathroom tiles. The shower stall was TINY, I'd guess less than 3' x 3'. The room looked nothing like the pictures. The infinity pool is also very small; not only that, the pool area is so tiny, that the lounge chairs cannot be placed perpendicular to the pool. The perimeter around the pool is maybe four feet.
Restaurant dinner Buffet was not good. Poor selection and expensive. AVOID.
I've NEVER left a hotel early.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Equipe_Karibea, Responsable relations clients at Karibea Squash Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2016

Dear MsJcapulet,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Squash.

We are sorry and our services have not lived up to your expectations.
The satisfaction of our customers is a priority, so we take into consideration all your remarks concerning the room, the bathroom and the restoration to transmit to the concerned services.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to one of our establishments.

Regards,
The Karibea team

Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

This is no mere continental of coffee & bread. It is hot, and included with my room. I looked forward to it daily during my week of Mardi Gras. I learned some food French, as only one of the dinning staff spoke English. All the staff was eager to please. The front desk always has an English phone. This was the best of the 3 places I enjoyed in Fort du France.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your visit to the Squash.

We are delighted that our services have met your expectations.
Particularly sensitive to compliments to our team, we will send your comments to the departments concerned.

We hope to welcome you back to one of our establishments.

Kind regards,
The Karibea team.

Reviewed 3 February 2016

This hotel was very clean and the front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. However, this hotel is in need of some updates and TLC. Parking was easy and the location was perfect to downtown as well as to the main highway. My next stay at the Squash hotel would be for the great service and location not because of décor.

I would rate the service excellent but the Lady who was in charge of the restaurant on the morning of 1/30/16 need to work on her customer service skills as she came off rude.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a sea view
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 January 2016

Pros: staff is polite and helpful with any questions. continental breakfast will keep you stuffed included (bacon, sausage, eggs, croissants, rolls, raisin bread, variety of fruit, yogurt, tea, coffee, juice, etc.). bus is across the street (cut through the Curve parking lot and walk down the steps rather than walk around the block). 15 minute walk to pier where you can take a ferry ($7) to different parts of the island or vans with stops all over the island (be mindful of return times and make nice with the driver). room was clean.

Cons: room is small. distance from end of bed to dresser was less than two feet. but it served its purpose. how could you spend the day in a room with such gorgeous surroundings. outside of breakfast the food in the restaurant was mediocre. however, there is an establishment with outdoor seating in the center of town on Rue de la Liberte in front of the statue of Napoleon's Empress Josephine called ***Grille (sorry, can't remember the name. only the food. but there's always a line)

*plan ahead for day trips as they book quickly due to scheduled cruises coming in like every other day. the marina offers a round trip boat ride to st. lucia.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo