All reviews mary kay laundry room beach chairs rum punch beautiful oceanfront rented a car owners are great queen bed clean towels perfect hosts wealth of information bioluminescent bay sitting area full kitchen visiting vieques blue beach wild horses
Reviewed 8 January 2012

The reception was excellent and we even shared a hot meal provided by the owners after we arrived from traveling all day! This hotel had wonderful people running it just as wonderful as the ocean shore view! My new wife and I where treated wonderful with all amenities provided in case you wanted to go snorkeling (which you can learn to do from right in front of the hotel), swimming in the great seaside pool, or just need directions. We had such a great time we plan on going back many more times! We have traveled many, many places but the combination of Vieques and Casa la Lanchita is at the top of the list!

Thanks for the great experience!

John and Wendy McEnery

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 9 December 2011

This homey guesthouse is the perfect hub as you enjoy the beauty of vieques. Doug and marikay welcome guests as they welcome family. The rooms have all you need, the pool is perfect, but the beaches of vieques-an adventurous drive away-are the most spectacular in the world. Casa la lanchita is in walking distance to some great bars and restaurants and is a great value in paradise.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank vacationrox
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Casa La Lanchita a great base from which to explore Vieques and to hang out. Can't beat oceanfront ambience and the hospitality of Doug and MariKay who make a big effort to make the charms of Vieques accessible to their guests. Kitchens, balconies, pool and beach, proximity to town and ferry, pickup at the ferry, rental cars available, and the self-service "laudry room" with coolers, beach chairs etc etc, allowed us to make the most of a 4 night stay on Vieques. The set up is particularly good for families with kids like us (we stayed in Unit 12), and it seems a nice spot for a romantic getaway too.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2011

We only spent one night on Vieques last March. We needed a room, and were surprised to find out that many of the guest houses do not allow children. Someone - I think at Island Adventures - recommended La Lanchita, and what a great tip! We felt like were visiting old friends, and we had never met Doug and Marikay before in our lives. It's so casual - Doug picked us up at the ferry terminal, took us "home" where we sat down in the office which is also part of their living quarters. We met the family dogs, all former Vieques strays now living the good life. We rented a vehicle, which refreshingly consisted of us giving Doug $55 dollars and him giving us the keys. They had towels, chairs, and boogie boards for borrowing - no signing out or deposits. Just take them and bring them back.

Our room was very nice, and the best part was the sound of the waves crashing on the beach just below. I slept better that night than I had in a long time. Our room would not have been ideal for a longer stay because we would have needed more cooking facilities, so I'd be interested to check out their other rooms.

Marikay drove us back to the ferry terminal the next morning. One of the dogs came along and spent the trip snuggling up with our kids in the back seat.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Beccajammom
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I stayed here for 1 night over the past Labor Day weekend. Although La Lanchita was not my first choice. I am very glad we stayed here. First of all, the island is very small. That means with a car any location is good. Even though i can't remember her name, our hostess was very welcoming. She gave us a ride to and from the airport. She made sure that we were on time to our flight. If i had more time, I would have stayed longer. The plane ride was expensive $200 RT per person but the views were beautiful. Casa La Lanchita is clean, quiet, and affordable. It is located in a residential area so there weren't any restaurants or stores to walk to. The car rental here was very convenient and I loved to hear the ocean in the morning.
We came to the Island for the Biobay. I was disappointed that the water didn't glow more. Maybe the moon was too bright. Don't forget your mosquito repellent. We enjoyed the beaches that Saturday especially since there were few people there. I went skinny dipping for the first time. I would return to Vieques to get a better look at the Biobay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple