All reviewsyogurtbeach chairsperfect locationplace to staycontinental breakfastwithin walking distancebars and restaurantswonderful stayperfect hostsnice breakfastthe main stripsun baymini fridgesmall hotelpuerto ricoour entire stayblue beach
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

The best hotel in Vieques! You don’t need to bring anything but swimsuit, the hotel provided towels, chair, umbrellas, coolers and even ice. The room were nice and super clean. The staff is super friendly. This hotel exceeds my expectations in every way!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank jessymerced8
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

This trip was everything we could have hoped for and we were beyond pleased with the staff at Malecon House. We never tried out the pool (which is small) but I've always been more of a beach girl. And there are definitely amazing beaches nearby. If you forgot your bug spray or sunscreen they've got you covered. Are you the type that must have breakfast before venturing out? They've got you covered there too with free breakfast every morning consisting of baked goods, cereal, fruits and yogurt. You won't find a tv in the room but honestly we weren't going to an island to watch tv. We brought the laptop and watched Netflix twice but internet may be a little slow at times. We never had any power issues if you are worried about that. Yes there are still some restaurants on the island that haven't recovered/reopened but there's still places to go to get delicious Puerto Rican food. And the ladies at the desk can direct you where to go. They were also extremely helpful with other tasks like calling us a taxi or helping us find a rental car. I highly recommend getting a 4 wheel drive vehicle and exploring the island. You'll see and experience so much more than if just hanging on the strip where the hotel is. Fyi the roads are skinny and some are pretty crappy. I grew up in a city known for potholes so wasn't that different for me lol. I would definitely stay at Malecon House if I visit Vieques again. It's easy to fall in love with a place like that. The horses everywhere ❤❤ and the amazing beaches... Love it!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EmilyP3203
Reviewed 26 May 2018

Had booked this trip last September but got distracted by Maria. First time to Vieques although many trips to western Puerto Rico. Malecon House was perfect. It was the centerpiece of my trip and the Managers, both Colette and Robin, could not have been more accommodating and informative. From the casual breakfast each morning to relaxing on the balcony overlooking the sea in the evening. Clean and comfortable room (rm 11).
Renting a jeep is essential to see the island, beaches and sights although a few restaurant/bars are within walking distance (Bananas & The Duffy's). Much of the island is rebuilding still although power is not an issue at Malecon House.
The beaches were nearly uninhabited during the week except for the horses that roam freely. Locals were helpful and driving was easy except for the potholes.
If planning to go to Vieques there's only one choice; Malecon House is it. By the way, I considered the "W Resort" which looked all-inclusive pre-Maria with many amenities, but it appears they've done no work on it and I wonder if it may be shuttered permanently.

Stayed: May 2018
5  Thank Bob M
Reviewed 13 May 2018

Malecón House in Vieques was our choice for our 20th wedding anniversary. The staff made this stay extra special by giving us a discount and surprising with a bottle of champagne in our room. The design and layout of the hotel is clean lines, calming environment, and minimal decor to let the awesome setting speak for itself. Our room was the superior queen; it is located at the back of the hotel with a balcony. Loved being able to go outside in a private space, even if the ever crowing roosters kept us company. The breakfast served outside gives you a great start to your adventures for the day. We used the pool a couple times- it is a great spot tastefully done in dark tile and shaded in the evening. The bed was cozy, good pillows. I liked the shelves vs a dresser. The location at the end of the Malecón (boardwalk) is perfect. We walked to dinner every night, and even hiked all the way to Playa Negra along the water.

So, you may wonder, what about the post hurricane condition? Not a problem! Malecón House installed a large generator to pick up the slack when the power kicks off- happened maybe 4-6 times for various durations. The restaurant selection is more slim than usual, but more than sufficient. And the water and beaches are gorgeous. Support these Americans as they return to their new normal lives. You will not be sacrificing anything- unless you don’t come.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diane W
ViequesPom, Manager at Malecon House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Thank you for the encouraging words! We appreciate the feedback on the hotel and island. We were happy to be a part of your anniversary celebration! Please come back and see us again on a future vacation.
Gracias from Malecon House Team in Vieques, Puerto Rico!

Reviewed 10 May 2018

Was really surprised that the hotel was maintained at such a high level after hurricane. We had a room facing the sea and we were so enjoying the view. The room is much more beautiful than you can imagine from the pictures posted. The crew is very kind, the environment is quiet and location is convenient that 3-min walk the to the south center that have many good restaurant open. I also like the floor in my room which I can feel so comfortable with my barefoot.

Great hotel!