Hacienda Tamarindo(Isla de Vieques)
US$182
SeaGate Hotel(Isla de Vieques)(Great Value!)
US$95
Villa Coral Guesthouse(Isla de Vieques)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$97
El Blok Hotel(Esperanza)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$185
US$167
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Tropical Guest House(Isla de Vieques)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$87
Hotels.com
Malecon House(Isla de Vieques)
US$311
US$285
Casa de Amistad(Isla de Vieques)
TripAdvisor
Hix Island House(Isla de Vieques)
  • Breakfast included
Casa de Kathy(Isla de Vieques)
TripAdvisor
Bravo Beach Hotel(Isla de Vieques)
1,845 results
All reviewsw retreatresort feeairport loungefire pitbeautiful resortadult beachwhisper beachpool barwet bartennis courtsliving room barmain restaurantunderwater musicsan juanfamily beachblackbeard sportsoceanfront room
Reviewed 5 February 2016

I visited this property in late January along with a friend who has visited here prior to this trip.

This was a great experience and I will definitely return. Generously sized rooms, excellent dining choices and very attentive staff really make the stay here enjoyable.

The hotel nicely complements the natural surrounds and doesn't feel like a 100+ room property. This is helped by lots of wood architecture, open space design and placement of the structures where the rooms are. Very clean and well-kept common grounds add to the appeal.

Dining options are quite varied and well executed. Sorce is the full dining experience restaurant featuring a fantastic menu and good wine list. The menu options offer something for all tastes, the vegetarian menu is wonderfully diverse and tasty. I'm not a vegetarian, but I thoroughly enjoyed several of the selections. The bars are in conveniently placed locations. The lobby bar sits in the Living Room open air lounge which gives you great views of the ocean and sunsets. The pool bar is perfect for those moments when a refreshing beverage is desired.

Transportation services are excellent. The resort fee covers the round trip airport transfer, five minute ride away. Car rental is available on-property for those who wish to explore, and taxis are plentiful and reasonable.

I have to add lastly but not in the least the staff. A hearty thank you goes out to all for making the stay relaxing and a pleasure. A hotel is a hotel, the staff gives it its personality. Thank you again!

Room Tip: Pool Oasis rooms are the best balance of cost, spaciousness and location.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
WViequesGM, General Manager at W Vieques Island, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2016

Hello usvi_bvi,

Thank you for such a fabulous review!

We are very thrilled that you enjoyed every aspect of the Retreat as well as our service.

We hope we will soon have the pleasure of having you back. Please let me know at nathalie.urban@whotels.com when you book your next trip to Vieques island.

We look forward to having you back,

Reviewed 3 February 2016

I work in the New York City hotel industry and was lucky enough to tag along with a friend to this gem of a hotel. My experience with the W staff, from arrival into the dedicated W lounge at the airport to departure, was phenomenal and made all the difference.

1) The concierge (Max I believe) contacted us prior to arrival to get our arrival time and arrange for a pickup.
2) The very friendly Esteban (from Brooklyn!) picked us up at the airport.
3) At check-in we were greeted by several employees and managers, all of whom offered their cards and further assistance if necessary.
4) Esteban offered to take us to our room. We declined but were met along the way by the General Manager, Nathalie. Nathalie showed us to our room and told us a little about the resort. She explained that the hotel's low-lighting was due to an agreement with the island to prevent interfering with the local ecosystem. She told us not to worry about the little lizards around the grounds as they were harmless and good to have around. It left me with the impression that the hotel really cared about its environmental impact.
5) Concierge and "Whatever/Whenever" were super-friendly and helpful.
6) The pool area and beach were beautiful and, again, the staff were super responsive and friendly.
7) Sorce - the restaurant was excellent and we had two great dinners and breakfast every day there. Service was a tad slow occasionally...but you didn't mind given the vista from the outdoor porch.
8) The resort fee covers kayaks, snorkeling and a host of other amenities. Take advantage. We borrowed snorkels and flippers and went to the nearby navy pier.
9) I LOVED the yoga classes included in the rate. Kendra was an excellent teacher and we also got to experience Rob on his first class. Great way to start the day and, I feel, good for beginners and experienced yogis.
9) I could go on and one. Literally every staff member we encountered seemed happy to be working there. I would be too.

One criticism: the lighting and electrical situation in the room leaves something to be desired. The room was large and well-designed. But in order to keep the lights on, one had to leave the room key in the door...as soon as it was pulled out, the lights and electrical outlets would go off...and phones wouldn't charge. Behind the bed was a not-very-well-hidden power strip that seemed a hasty fix for poorly placed outlets. Light switches were also difficult to find. Small quibble.

We rented a jeep to drive around to the many remote beaches and dirt roads all over the island. Well worth it. Explore for yourself. Esperanza included a cute strip of bars, including Duffy's and Bananas. Overall, the island was very charming and unspoiled. Indeed, the W Vieques may be the only proper resort on what is otherwise a beautiful little island that has a real feel of being 'off the beaten path'.

Thanks for a truly wonderful stay.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank NYHotelWorker

Hello NYHotelWorker,

I appreciate you took your time to write such a detailed review.

Thank you for recognizing the service delivered by the team and specially for remembering the names of those who made a difference such as Max, Esteban, Kendra and Rob – on their behalf, thank you!

Happy to share more news about Vieques island. Blue Beach was recently ranked #8 amongst the 20 most beautiful beaches in the world by Condé Nast Traveler in January 2016…and as per this ranking; Blue Beach is the best in the Caribbean.

Do please contact me when you are planning your next gateway to Vieques island at nathalie.urban@whotels.com. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 3 February 2016

Big clean rooms, perfect beachfront location, helpful staff, and great pools! This is a very nice hotel with a relaxing vibe and a scenic location that surely will not disappoint. Minutes from the airport via the private W transport. Dont waste your time eating any meals here (aside from light snacking) as the food isnt anything great. Instead, venture around the island for food, and use the hotel for the great pools and other amenities!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

Hello andyryko,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Happy to know that you enjoyed our Retreat and the relaxing mood of Vieques island.

Let me know when you plan your next getaway at nathalie.urban@whotels.com.

We look forward to having you back,

Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

This is a gorgeous property, with well-designed outdoor spaces that make the most of its beautiful oceanfront setting. The rooms are comfortable, large, and quiet (though too dark for me). The staff is incredibly friendly and warm. That said, we had two mediocre meals at Sorce. Not bad, just not good. Breakfast was much better. The coffee alone is a revelation. And the casual cafe makes excellent sandwiches. All in all, I would return in a heartbeat to this fabulous resort.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

Hello cgirl13,

Thank you for posting your comment.

Glad to know that you enjoyed the service delivered by the team and our facilities.

I will personally address your average meal experience at Sorcé with our team and ask for immediate improvement.

Please let me know when you plan to return at nathalie.urban@whotels.com. We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 1 February 2016

Nice hotel but the service stinks at every level: room service- spotty. In the hallway outside of my hotel dirt had been swept to a pile and it was not picked up for 2 days. management was slow at everything. restaurant was horrible at seating people, clearing table, delivering food.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank knittingmami

Hello knittingmami,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us.

I am very sorry to read about your experience at the Retreat in March 2015.

Since December 2015, we have rolled out an extensive training program for all our talents with the objective to avoid your experience to be repeated. However, life is not perfect and situations may happen so I have personally taken your review to the different departments involved and demanded from each department head actions to improve service.

Should you ever consider coming back to Vieques, don’t hesitate to contact me personally at nathalie.urban@whotels.com.

Sincerely yours,