All reviews short drive vieques island caribbean isabel
Reviewed 21 May 2017

I came here in the summer of 2012 and couldn't have been more pleased. So I returned in the winter of 2016 and it will still be my go to place on Vieques. I like the location near the large town of Isabel on the Atlantic coast. Everything is a short drive basically everywhere on the island. The Atlantic coast is less crowded than the Caribbean and quite dynamic but I can still enjoy a walk. If I want warm Caribbean sands, I just drive to the other side of the island. Really you can't go wrong and your relax meter will say, "good choice".

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2017

I'm a little late in getting this posted, but I made a third visit to this incredible property October 2017. I don't know what more I can add over my first two reviews. The amazing views from this property never get old, the accommodations are clean, nice and comfortable, the owners have worked hard to make sure you have everything you could want or need for your stay. I loved that when I returned this trip, October 2016, the same couple I had met when I stayed here in October 2015 had returned as well (their 7th annual stay!). I think that says all you need to know about this property, in that once you come, you'll love it so much you'll want to return again and again. Vieques, in general, is a place to go if you love privacy and have a sense of adventure, and there is no better place to stay on your visit than At the Waves.

Room Tip: One bedroom unit is perfect for couples
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2017

I again went back to Vieques, PR and stayed again at - "AT The Waves" Villa's.

This is such a great spot with beautiful frontage on the Ocean. Danna the manger is great and keeps her eye on everything. Nice pool and grills.

The fish shop in town is a gas, and stop in at El Yates and talk with Junior while enjoying one of his sisters Grouper sandwiches.

Thanks again to Danna, Mike and Carla, and of course Cathy J

See you next year

Brook

Room Tip: Second Floor Villa's have great view
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

We have seen this property from the beach and I have always wanted to stay there. This year, I had my chance. It was everything I had hoped it would be. The grounds are beautiful and the view of the beach is incredible. We had the upper 3 bed/bath unit. It was exceptionally clean and well furnished. The view from the balcony was amazing. We spent a lot of our time out there just relaxing and catching up with each other.
Dana was available if you had questions or needed anything. The only problem we had at all was that the outlet in the master bathroom did not work. It wasn't a problem for us, but could have been if our friends had been able to join us.
We are currently working out the dates for next years trip. We loved it!!!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

Spent seven nights At the Waves. Great place. On the ocean. manager was present, pleasant and personable. it's a 30 minute walk to town. This would be a great place to reserve many beds for family and friends. We'll return!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple