All reviews our home away from home puerto rico every morning short drive unit vieques island caribbean deck isabel
Reviewed 26 June 2015

Our family really needed to get away - We pulled the kids from school and rented the 2 bedroom unit at the Waves in May '15. It was amazing week. The property was beautiful and our unit had everything! The beach & pool were right out in front of our door. Laying in a raft in the pool, staring up at the sun & stars - we found paradise. Our walks on the beach were something we will always dream of. At night, we could hear the waves crashing on the shore ...and the beds were really comfortable. We loved the place and can't wait to go back.

Date of stay: May 2015
7  Thank lauren V
Reviewed 16 June 2015

When my husband and I were looking for a place to stay in Vieques for our intimate wedding, it was a challenge finding a property on the island to accommodate our party of 15 to 20 people. I eventually came across At the Waves and it was perfect for our guests. The property has 9 bedrooms and each bedroom has its own bathroom either connected to the room or right beside it. This was important to me as I wanted our guests to have privacy and their own space during our week long stay. We rented the entire property.

The property was beautiful and there was so much space that none of our guests ever felt cramped or uncomfortable. We utilized the outdoor space even more then the inside. Our group took full advantage of the BBQ, pool, beach front, beach toys, washer, dryer, and all of the other amenities the villa had to offer. There was not one single complaint regarding anything.

Also, the property is fortunate enough to have an onsite care taker that is wonderful. Dana answered all of our questions from the beginning and saved the day when someone lost our rental car keys on our way to the beach for the wedding. Dana got in her own car and took us down to the beach which is about 15 to 20 minutes away. Not only did she take us there but she waited until it was over and took a group back. We could not be more thankful for her kind gesture.

My experience from booking to the actual stay at the villa was perfect. Everyone was beyond helpful and I would recommend this property if you are going to Vieques.

Date of stay: May 2015
5  Thank Wendi N
Reviewed 27 April 2015

We originally booked a three bedroom unit but one couple dropped out so we arrived with only two. As they had a two bed open we got it for less than the three. The unit that we got seemed to be the premier unit as it is the second floor front. Excellent.
While the unit was not dirty it was not well cleaned either. There was food on the pantry and booz in the cabinet ( we drank some and left some more). The bed was fine and the shower acceptable. The location was good as we had a car. If barking dogs bother you this is not the place as the pound is just down the road. Chickens are all over the island so plan on hearing them. The beach is excellent for walking and quite private, not nude but private. If you rent a car and use a Garmen get a map as well as GPS has some problems on the island. All in all I would go back.

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank iantdit
Reviewed 17 February 2015

My wife and I stayed in the one bedroom from Feb 7 - Feb 14. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. Everything was there that you could possibly need, from kitchen items to two refrigerators (the small one holds a case of beer quite nicely).

Sand chairs, coolers, washer and dryer, and a wonderful manager on premises. A hint....Mia does not like eggs or potatoes, but loves cheese wrapped in ham. She will bring you a leaf in exchange for something to eat. The family of iguanas that go for a swim in the pool every day are quite special.

I could not recommend this place and location any higher. Very clean, very quiet, and a very relaxing time.

Any questions, please e-mail and I'll try to answer.

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank allen3639
Reviewed 13 November 2014

Booking a place to hold our family and friends for a small intimate wedding in Puerto Rico was difficult at first. Until we met Sandy at "Weddings in Vieques" who introduced us to Ian who manages "At the Waves". We rented all the villas to house our ~20 guests for the week and held our wedding ceremony in the back lawn between two palm trees overlooking the sea. It was the perfect spot for the event! Our guests raved about the water front location, the pool, and the access to amenities like washing machine, snorkel and beach gear, etc. It was a week my wife and I will never forget. Ian was staying on the property during our stay and he was really friendly but gave us space. I felt safe on the property, but if you know Vieques, its kinda rough around the edges on first sight. Its a 5-10 minutes drive to Isabel II, the closest town. There are some nice places here for food (El Patio, Ron's, etc) and we loved having drinks at Al's Mar Azul. Mostly we enjoyed making cocktails on the balcony's at At the Waves and spending time with our family and friends. It was clean with nice kitchens, bathrooms and plenty of beds. I can't wait to come back!

Room tip: All the villas are good. The ground floor villa closest to the ocean or the top floor on the one other villa with a big balcony are my favorite.
Date of stay: December 2013