All reviews mi casa plunge pool west beach outdoor shower jose andres golf cart puerto rico spectacular property nature trail four seasons water park in room dining ground floor dinner reservations high end resort fitness center the entire property
Reviewed 31 January 2017

I chose this property after a lot of research as a surprise destination for my mom's birthday. Although expensive, it's everything that it promises. This is a definitely a place for a relaxing beach/pool vacation. I know there are water sports, biking and golf available but in general it seemed like everyone was relaxing. I think 4 or 5 nights would be the ideal amount of time to stay, any more and you may get bored.

The grounds were lush - our room was at the end of the west end side and was about a 10 minute walk to the central pool/Mi Casa restaurant/front desk.

The service was really great - Noel our initial embajador gave us a great intro to the property and welcomed us warmly. Lucy helped us get a local restaurant reservation quickly. The embajador system helped a lot with any needs you may have. Edgar at the beach was a great server and gave us plenty of personal attention, and Ismari our server at Mi Casa for a birthday dinner was truly excellent. There were minor food delays a couple times at breakfast or on the beach but overall it was great.

There are many more things to say but the one important thing is not miss the spa. It is the most luxurious spa I've ever been to. You can spend the whole day there and it definitely deserves a few hours.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank redphone2
George S, General Manager at Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Dear redphone2,

We truly appreciate you selecting Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve to celebrate your mother's birthday!

I also thank you for highlighting some of the team members that made your stay a memorable one and truly glad that you enjoyed the service, amenitied and grounds and that you consider Reserve "an amazing place.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back with open in arms in the near future.

Reviewed 31 January 2017

Resort has beautiful beach, pool and great restaurants. Perfect for a couples get away. This was our third time back and we plan on returning again. Everything is first class! Concierge Noel did a fantastic job making arrangements for us.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company
1  Thank Greg B

Dear Greg B,

Thank you for returning to Reserve for a third visit! I want to thank you for your loyalty and rest assured that the team and I take it to heart and will continue to find ways to innovate and work hard to make your next stay even better. You are correct in that Dorado Beach does have a beautiful beach...one of the nicest on the entire island.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future and please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can be of any assistance when booking your return,

sincerely,

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

If you love luxury travel and the Caribbean you have to try the Ritz at Dorado Beach. Who thought Puerto Rico could compete with all the "exotic" islands. But it does

My wife and I stayed 5 days. Room 312 on West side with plunge pool. Room was one of the best I've ever stayed in anywhere in the world. Tall ceilings. Marble and stone everywhere. Large sliding doors including glass for day and wooden with slats for evening while the surf lulls you to sleep.

The plunge pool was great and nice and warm. Some pools share rooms. Ask for a private one

All the restaurants are excellent. Mi Casa is a formal highlight with small plates of very, very good and innovative cuisine. The Positivo Sand bar was our favorite with an extensive Sushi and tapas offering...and flip flop ambience.

The pools are elegant. Our favorite was the central one near the "Lobby". Great infinity pool with a view of the ocean and surf. Very good waitstaff for cocktails and lunch. You can sit by the pool or beach

The grounds are lovely and romantic at night. Great strolls to and after dinner

This is the nicest hotel we have experienced in the Caribbean. Don't even think about staying at the Ritz in St Thomas. We've done both. No comparison

Only slight negatives....while there is a Beach few use it for swimming. Surf is very strong and most stay away as it looks dangerous. The butler service was hit or miss for us. Whenever we asked for help we got it but they were not pro active

Summary.....certainly one of the top 50 resorts in the world. Tops in Caribbean I think. Fantastic rooms....food... service

Check it out!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank David M

Dear davemanly,

I want to thank you for your recent review of Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve!

I have to agree that Puerto Rico has so much to offer and literally a direct and quick flight from all major cities.

I appreciate your endorsement of the resort and thank you for you kind words. The team is truly focused on delivering a memorable experience and glad that you fully enjoyed it.

I look forward welcoming you both back in the future.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

If you can afford the price, you MUST stay at this resort. All rooms have ocean views, open patios, and stunning layouts. The private outdoor shower was amazing. The infinity pool overlooks a sheltered white and beach with a coral reef. The spa is amazing and the water sports perfect. The food was pricey but worth every penny. If you can, stay at this resort!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Connecticutwanders

Dear Connecticutwanders,

Thank you for your recent review of Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve!

We appreciate your endorsement and thank you for considering Reserve an "Exquisite Resort in perfect locale".

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our exotic sanctuary in the future.

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Spectacular Restaurant, Extraordinary Service and an Unforgettable Culinary Experience. Chef Victor and Chef Assistant Carlos were very attentive, creative and true artists of perfection. Every serving and every course was better and better and better. You must try the tasting menu paired with wines. Forget about any other restaurant option anyone has ever recommended in Puerto Rico. Head to Dorado, straight to the Ritz-Reserve and make sure you Dine at Mi Casa. This Restaurant and Chef deserves a Three-Star Michelin Recognition. For me and my wife it was a SIX Star Experience.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ipuig

Dear ipuig,

I want to thank you for your recent review of Mi Casa, by Celebrity Chef Jose Andres!

I am thrilled to hear that Chef Victor and Chef Carlos were very attentive and that you felt the culinary experience was perfection.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to one of our innovative restaurants.