All reviews resort casino pool view the pool area is great room condition pool water water park is great buffet style castillo jacuzzi maria zoo hurricane coast
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

After Maria many restaurant had sufer. I went to the lunch special. It is $12 but it only offer one meat and one dessert. I felt it was to expensive for to little options. Well I was comparing it to before María (with 3 or 4 meat and desserts options) But the food, service and place was as good as always and that was why I don't worry. I know they will slowly recover with the rest of the country...

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
dalonso, General Manager at Mayaguez Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Thanks for the review! But if you go to any fast food you will buy a large combo for almost the same price. And ours was $11.05 all you can eat....

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

They’re up and running, following Hurricane Maria, but the service is weak, at best. If you stay, ask for a room in the new tower, the rooms in the older building are in dire need of updates and renovation.

There’s clean/potable water and hot water. Food is decent, but service is horrible. It took 90 min and two calls for my room service to arrive. Another colleague had a similar experience.

Allen the tower showers flood the rooms. Every day. Get used to it.

Rooms don’t have Kleenex or facial tissue (a major complaint of mine) and the “coffee makers” are a joke. If your a caffeine junkie, bring your own hot water kettle and/or press. The hotel coffee isn’t worthy of any accolades.

Check-in took about an hour. Bring patience.

Dempsey, a server in the bar/restaurant is great, attentive and speedy. Ask for him and tip well.

Overall, I’d probably stay again, only because it’s the best of the limited options. Avoid the Mayaguez Holiday Inn and the Howard Johnson.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
dalonso, General Manager at Mayaguez Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

So sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with us. Every day we strive to improve our service so our guests have a more pleasant stay. We have made annotations of your concerns and we will evaluate them. Thanks !

Reviewed 25 October 2017

We were lucky enough to stay at the Mayaguez during and after Hurricane Maria. The staff was all very professional and helpful during such a disaster! I could not believe how calming they were to the guests when you know they must have been very worried about there homes and families. The restaurant always had food available and tried to accommodate everyone. We were amazed at how fast the staff got the property back to somewhat normal, the day after Hurricane Maria they were working very hard to clear the trees and debris from the grounds. We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Naomi, was awesome helping me with a reservation. That was the only thing good about this place. I cannot fathom how it is called a resort.
First off, the room was filthy, drapes were dirty, bathtub was not clean, and the fridge did not work well. The cleaning staff did not even change the bed covers.
The front desk folks we had to engage with some of the issues we were having did not help at all and were rude. I would certainly never stay at this place ever again. In addition, I would not recommend this property.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

After a night of terror at our home in Gurabo during hurricane Maria and 2 weeks without communication, school, daycare, work ($$$), electricity, water supplies waiting hours in lines for basic supplies like food, gasoline, banks etc knowing nothing from our family on Aguada and running almost out of our monthly family income , our kids were overwhelmed with all this so we decided to come to this hotel to spend a night and it was a night of TERROR. We have my mom refugee at my home so she was with us during this situation. They made my mom pay another room just for herself and the customer service was very very NASTY specially from Ms Arlene Mass. The supervisors were anti guests and did not offer any solution to our situation. Rooms were expensive, humid and we got allergic rhinitis. Being a puertorrican this is something that was not expected. We do NOT recommend this hotel at all. It was a very disappointing and sad experience, we even didn't rest as we thought.

Stayed: October 2017
dalonso, General Manager at Mayaguez Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

We are sorry you had this experience at our property. How many people were in your room? We only accept up to 4 persons. Speaking about other areas of the hotel... Did you had the opportunity to enjoy the pool and had a hot meal?