All reviews puerto rico room was clean fat tuesdays business hotel recommend this hotel business trip plenty of parking breakfast was included paella pool area west side free parking slot machines service was great restaurant staff casino island
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

My family stays at Holiday Inn Mayaguez with all the graduate class of 8th grade. The experience was better than expected. The rooms are recently renovated. The rooms looks modern as well as the bathroom. Both well cleaned. The food, delicious. The staff was great. Few activities and music in the casino and in Tuesdays. The pool was ok. They told me they will be renovating the pool soon. Around the pool, you will see some worms.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed there for 2 nights and had a great time. Everyone was friendly and very nice and the casino was great. Rooms were cleaned, plenty of parking and there was a washer and dryer. We will definitely stay again when we are in the area.
They did have a breakfast buffet for about 12 dollars, but we found it better to eat out and pay about 6 dollars a person.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2017

I recently spent two nights at this hotel while vacationing in Puerto Rico with my family. Due to a spinal cord injury I am paralyzed and use a manual wheelchair.

This hotel offers friendly staff at the front desk, a convenient location on route 2 (although it is not on the beach), and our room - #311 - was fairly well designed for wheelchair access. It would be a little easier to get around in the room if there were more space between the foot of the bed and the dresser that holds the television and the refrigerator, but the more important area is the bathroom. The toilet is close enough to the wall that I could easily reach the grab bar, and I was able to easily roll under the sink. Although this room had a bathtub, not a roll-in shower, we were told that a shower chair was available if we wanted it.

From the Holiday Inn we drove about 20 minutes to the small town of Joyuda to eat dinner on Wednesday evening, and on Thursday we drove 30ish minutes to go to the beach (Boqueron) in Cabo Rojo. I chose to stay at the Holiday Inn even though it meant driving to the places we really wanted to see because I thought I would find more accessible features in a large chain hotel than in the smaller properties in Cabo Rojo. That was probably a good decision.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

I drove in after having landed in Aguadilla at 1am, got to my hotel at 2:30am and was tired and looking for a comfortable place to crash without needing to drive all the way to Ponce. Check in was fast, friendly and courteous. They even upgraded me to a one bedroom suite! It was huge. Despite being extremely tired I didn't want to sleep because I was overly excited about the room. End up staying up to watch TV in the cushy living room. I eventually feel asleep on the king size bed but woke up too earlier to enjoy it. Breakfast was great. Had option of buffet but I ordered off the menu. It arrive 10-15 minutes later piping hot. Sadly, I didn't get a chance to use the pool but will definitely return and highly recommend it. Small casino with lots of slot machines and a few table games for those seeking the thrill.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Nice and clean. Very good service; but more like a business hotel. Great for the price though. Comfortable bed. Casino's a plus. Near shopping center and about 30 mins from Rincón and Cabo Rojo, which have great beaches and amazing restaurants. Plenty of parking. If you're staying in Mayaguez, I would definitely recommend this hotel over the Howard Johnson. You'll be paying almost the same, but you'll have better service, everything will be completely clean, and you won't have to put up with the noises coming from the streets in the middle of the night.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple