All reviewsroom was cleanpuerto ricofat tuesdaysrecommend this hotelbusiness hotelbusiness tripplenty of parkingbreakfast buffethotel is greatwest sidefree parkinggreat roomslot machinesservice was greatpool area iscasinoisland
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Hola!

This was the start of our holiday journey this past December/January. The need to stay at this part of the island the first week of our trip was imperative since I am from Cabo Rojo and this is where the majority of my familia resides. I always passed by this hotel hoping to one day stay - and I finally had the opportunity to experience it fully. Not only the commute to my native town above was a breeze (20 sweet minutes) however it had so much to offer, from the Casino to the lounge with Karaoke and live music, the outside pool to the fine restaurant Hollys by the lobby. Breakfast at Hollys was a special treat. Great service and delicious food. I commend the servers Danny, Magdalena, Yamilette and the Food and Beverage Manager Ramon Lucena, for their wonderful, professional and warm disposition. Super friendly ambiance to say the least, making us feel at home. Should you feel like venturing out of the hotel, five minutes away you will find many restaurants, an outside shopping mall, Mayaguez Zoo and the infamous Colegio de Mayaguez. Driving to the most beautiful beaches of Cabo Rojo is a must and not too far from the inn. I will indubitably return back to this hotel. Highly recommended.

Jeannie

Room Tip: Higher level rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2017

Alicia said she was checking us into a renovated executive room but we were given a very outdated room with badly stained carpet (and no safe). We were staying for 7 days so we asked for another room and Ruben (excellent) checked us into a renovated room.
There is a HUGE difference between the quality of the rooms. Over all the Holiday Inn Mayaguez is nice but probably best for families. Lots of security, a decent pool, restaurant on site which has pretty good dinners and an excellent breakfast. Most of the staff is friendly. There is a casino on site if you enjoy gambling.
For a Holiday Inn this is run pretty well. This is a nice place, not a romantic place to stay but a nice safe place with plenty of parking and great for families.

Room Tip: RENOVATED --make sure you get a renovated room!
Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

I have explendit vacation time. Feel free to rest and enjoy. My wife enjoy the place, and want to come back to stay there. They have casino open 24 hours. Also have a great restaurant in the lobby. They have game room for the kids.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

I have stayed here 5 times in the last 6 months. The staff is very helpful, the rooms are ample and clean with a huge TV and nice work desk. Restrooms are very comfortable. Room service is excellent and very reasonable. I've not used any other amenities but the Casino looks always busy and there is a Fat Tuesdays in the lobby with their well known frappes. Since I only come to this area for business I can't talk about how close it is from all the amenities Mayaguez has to offer but in Puerto Rico everything is close by so I suppose it's well located.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed one night for a sporting event. Although we did not take advantage of all the amenities offered, the room was great. It was very clean, roomy, and very comfortable for a family of 4. Parking was also comfortable. I recommend staying at the Holiday Inn Mayagüez. Whenever we return, we will definitely stay there.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family