All reviewsroom was cleanpuerto ricofat tuesdaysrecommend this hotelbusiness hotelbusiness tripplenty of parkingbreakfast buffetwest sidefree parkinggreat roomslot machinesservice was greatpool area iscasinoislandpr
Reviewed 8 January 2017

Alicia said she was checking us into a renovated executive room but we were given a very outdated room with badly stained carpet (and no safe). We were staying for 7 days so we asked for another room and Ruben (excellent) checked us into a renovated room.
There is a HUGE difference between the quality of the rooms. Over all the Holiday Inn Mayaguez is nice but probably best for families. Lots of security, a decent pool, restaurant on site which has pretty good dinners and an excellent breakfast. Most of the staff is friendly. There is a casino on site if you enjoy gambling.
For a Holiday Inn this is run pretty well. This is a nice place, not a romantic place to stay but a nice safe place with plenty of parking and great for families.

Room Tip: RENOVATED --make sure you get a renovated room!
Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

I have explendit vacation time. Feel free to rest and enjoy. My wife enjoy the place, and want to come back to stay there. They have casino open 24 hours. Also have a great restaurant in the lobby. They have game room for the kids.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

I have stayed here 5 times in the last 6 months. The staff is very helpful, the rooms are ample and clean with a huge TV and nice work desk. Restrooms are very comfortable. Room service is excellent and very reasonable. I've not used any other amenities but the Casino looks always busy and there is a Fat Tuesdays in the lobby with their well known frappes. Since I only come to this area for business I can't talk about how close it is from all the amenities Mayaguez has to offer but in Puerto Rico everything is close by so I suppose it's well located.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed one night for a sporting event. Although we did not take advantage of all the amenities offered, the room was great. It was very clean, roomy, and very comfortable for a family of 4. Parking was also comfortable. I recommend staying at the Holiday Inn Mayagüez. Whenever we return, we will definitely stay there.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2016

I was travelling to Cabo Rojo, and needed a place to stay nearby. A cousin had his wedding here, and I thought It was a very pretty hotel. The reservation was painless, got a breakfast buffet for an extra $6.00 that was worth double the price. Check-in was painless and friendly, even got a water bottle as a gift. The room was spacious, cool. NICE TV, comfy bed, and great bath. Did not go to the casino, but heard it was nice. The pool was a little dirty, but nice and desperately needs a hot tub (jacuzzi). Roosters singing in the patio made it a special visit.

Room Tip: Verify that your fridge works, mine did not.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo