“The best lamb chops (chuletas de cordero) and Ham Croquettes!!”
Review of Pelayo's - CLOSED

Pelayo's
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 2 January 2018

Their main restaurant (Pelayo's) is already closed due to damages caused by hurricane maria. But they have open the small restaurant Pelayito's located at the facilities of The Wave Hotel. I have to say their food is excellent and the lamb chops are the best I ever tasted!! My father chose their garlic shrimp and he enjoyed every bite. Excellent service and very friendly waiters.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 14 September 2017

It been a long time since my wife and myself have not visited PELAYO. We were there this past weekend, we had the "Rice with different meats ""ARROZ A LA ASTURIANA". No words to describe the experience, It was the flavor of the PAELLA with different meats, It was delicious.
The attention and service was excellent. Jesus, the Captain was very helpful and professional, the Chef Luis Cueto goes the extra mile to please you. It was a great experience

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 13 September 2017

This is definitely a great stop for a local either morning or lunch spot.
Many options form Ham Croquettes, chicken empanadas, Quiche Lorraine, amazing sandwiches or a full dinning experience. This is what we call a Spanish style bakery. Glass of wine, beer or just some coffee.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

My girlfriends and I came here for a dinner on our girl's trip. The dinner was fantastic and reasonably price. I had the paella. The best part of the restaurant was the amazing service. Kevin was our waiter and he was attentive and fun to talk to. I would come back here next time I'm in San Juan.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 4 September 2017

We visit Puerto Rico every year and Pelayo is one of our favorites. Their Paella is one of the best around and is prepared to order (takes 20-30 mins) but sooo worth the wait. Seafood version is our favorite. Besides, you can get a bottle of Albarino (at just $25 a bottle) and an order of their pulpo (octopus), which is melt-in-your-mouth tender, and the wait time goes by very easily. The Paella is served from the pan table-side which only adds to the excellent service you'll receive. David has been our server and he is one reason we returned multiple times this year. David is happy to make recommendations and on a recent visit he recommended their grilled Langostinos (4 HUGE pieces) for my wife who is a shrimp lover. She loved it! For me, he recommended the trout. He also gave me options for preparation as I would like it. I chose olive oil and garlic and was presented with a tender and tasty whole fish which had been expertly de-boned. We added some Amarillos (fried sweet plantains) and rice and beans to our meal. Parking lot with valet across the street. Breakfast, lunch or dinner you cannot go wrong.

Date of visit: August 2017