“A Lovely Hidden Garden Restaurant & Bar”
Review of Princesa Gastrobar

Princesa Gastrobar
Ranked #25 of 1,147 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$12 - US$37
Description: Our Gastronomy Dates back to the 1850's At Princesa we've rescued the 1859 cookbook El cocinero puertorriqueño (The Puertorrican Cook). It contains details about 19th century Puertorrican culinary culture and its influences from Africa, Spain, the native Taínos and other Caribbean islands. Since the book was missing some parts related to the ingredients, our kitchen staff has worked to reconstruct its recipes using all of the available information. For the most part we have kept to the ingredients from the original recipes. We invite you to taste and learn about the best of our culinary culture.
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had been here a few years ago with friends and wanted to return on our recent trip, however we could not remember the name of the place. We were roaming around Old San Juan and as we got our bearings and our memories returned, we found it again! The hostess was very friendly greeting and seating us. The brunch was ok and the service alright. The coffee was outstanding and the atmosphere cannot be beat!

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Found this through TripAdvisor and friends recommended this restaurant as well. Lovely treed setting nestled against remnants of the fortress wall. The service from Juan was great. We told him that we weren't in a hurry and looked to make it a casual relaxed evening and he got it. Never rushed and very attentive. Many drinks to choose from. Food menu also had lots of choices. I started with the soup of the day and my wife had the Ceprese salad. Both excellent. I had a stuffed chicken with mofongo while my wife had the shrimp and penne. Both excellent. Will dine here again.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I've actually have visited this wonder restaraunt a few times but this last time was even better. I visited with my wife and out two dacshunds which by surprise they accepted in the bar area.

There Risottos are so delicious as well there appetizers and in house cocktails, ambience is just great with varied live music and plenty of sitting area located in the heart of Paseo la Princesa at Old San Juan right on the side of their main parking lot. Give it a try you will love it.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Excellent brunch, one of the best crook madame and attention to customers, two thumbs up, just make it pet friendly, at least for breakfast/brunch

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Very welcoming, great service, fantastic food and the place is just welcoming and beautiful. We were 18 people for a birthday brunch and did not have anything to complain about. Will return every chance I get.