“Ridiculous wait”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Calle Italia
Description: Pamela’s Caribbean Cuisine is an award-winning San Juan restaurant popular for special occasions. Adjacent to Numero Uno Pamela’s is known not only for its exquisite Caribbean-fusion menu, but also for its one-of-a-kind beachside location. All meals are made from the freshest ingredients; local seafood, the finest cuts of meat, and area fruits and vegetables are featured. Be sure to leave room for dessert—an array of homemade delectable treats are not to be missed! Enjoy spectacular ocean views no matter where you sit, but for a truly unforgettable experience, be sure to reserve a table on the beach. Lunch is served from 12PM to 3PM and dinner from 6PM.
Reviewed 31 December 2015

We waited so long for drinks and our food that we wondered if we had offended them somehow. Then the waitress played up the sympathy card about working on Christmas Eve, to ensure that despite everything, we'd give her a big tip. Plus, she asked us to pay in cash, so that the staff could get paid. The food was mostly good, once it came, but we didn't even all get our plates at the same time (and mine was so cold that I had to send it back, despite the fact that we had sat there waiting for two hours). I don't recommend this place.

Reviewed 27 December 2015

"if you're planning to eat here" said a man to us on Christmas night, "we don't recommend it. We've waited over 2 hours to be served and are leaving without eating."
We ate ther the night before and found the food excellent, but also had to wait well over an hour. Be warned.

Reviewed 27 December 2015 via mobile

On Ocean Park beach, if you are looking to eat something when at the best beach in San Juan metro area, it'll do. But be prepared to pay hotel ripoff prices and get so-so service. Still better than leaving the beach (or going to the atrocious Uvva - avoid that place) but no big deal as a
destination.

Reviewed 26 December 2015

We have often visited this establishment since it first opened in 1992 and have always experienced a delightful dining experience. This last visit was extremely disappointing. We booked a reservation for Christmas Eve, and we were astonished by the change. We ordered an appetizer and entre and waited for over an hour to be serve! Had the place been packed, we might have expected a wait, but we dined later in the evening to avoid the earlier crush. We had to question our server twice about or order! Eventually food arrived, and it also disappointed. Hopefully, this was an off day, but usually the holidays bring the best the kitchen has to offer. We wondered if this is a decline in a place we have always enjoyed.

Reviewed 26 December 2015 via mobile

We had reservations for Christmas Eve Dinner. We dove there and luckily found a parking spot. We did have trouble getting back to Isla Verde because all the streets the GPS told us to take were gated shut! As for Pamela's, we arrived a little before six(when they open for dinner). We were the second table to arrive. This is not a cheap meal, but we knew that ahead of time, but splurged because it was Christmas Eve. Sitting on the beach was awesome! The view was divine! It took about 20 minutes to get drinks. I had the piña colada. It was okay. About an hour later, my husband's soup came and my son's calamari. He said the soup was good. The calamari was golden brown but was tasteless. We had to load it with salt. We waited over a total of an hour and 45 minutes for our food to arrive. We were the second table to arrive. When it did, my medium rare ribeye looked like it had been cooking for the last hour and a half; it was as thin as a steak can be and dry as a bone. My dad's chicken dish didn't even come out with the other meals. He waited at least 10 more minutes until he finally got his. They did take the steak back and bring another, which took another half hour because by this point it was packed! On the good side, my husband's filet(holiday menu item) was scrumptious, my mom loved her scallops, my sister enjoyed her tuna, and my dad enjoyed his chicken dish once he received it. They do add on the tip, but will tell you that. We were fine with that as we know it is not the wait staff's, but the kitchen's, fault for late food. Everyone was very nice. I was glad we made 6:00 reservations though, or we would have been there until midnight! I am glad to have experience the eating dinner while sitting in the beach, but if I was to go back, I would not order the ribeye or calamari.