“Anniversary dinner”

Marmalade Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Marmalade Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,164 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fortaleza Street
Transit: Bus Station is located only two blocks from the center of San Juan where Marmalade is located
Description: To preserve the Marmalade experience at the respect of our patrons the age requirement for children is 7 years or older. Marmalade serves tasting menus only of 4,5,or 6 courses. Guests are allowed to select their own course thus creating an individualized tasting menu. Each tasting menu at the table may be different. We don't offer a Ala Carte format for dining. Dinner will take a minimum of two hours at your Leisure. Groups of 6 people or more will be invited to taste Chef's seasonal tasting menu of 15 courses. Dress appropriately please, no shorts and beach sandals in the restaurant.
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We had a four course dinner with wine pairing. Delicious food and extraordinary service. The three course dinner is an excellent option if not too hungry.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,414)

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

When I am asked to appear on this show, my answer will be the surf and turf appetizer from Marmalade. Perfectly seared scallop and pork belly in a magic sauce. Everything else was pretty darn good, too. But that surf and turf...

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

I went for Valentines and wanted to make it a memorable night, i went with the coursed menu with wine pairing (which was great!) Coral was my server she was very good, always had a smile, she went into detail’s on each course and explained each wine that went with each meal. Overall the experience was memorable!! Scored great points with my wife! Great dinner all went as planned, if you want to score point with your wife i highly recomend.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

I know it shouldn't influence my review by an entire star, but I just really didn't like the decor at all with lots of draped fabrics and fluorescent lighting. Clearly it was my only issue as I ate here 2 out of 4 nights. The staff and food were AMAZING, SPECTACULAR, OUT OF THIS WORLD. As good as any food you will get anywhere in the world. The flavors were perfectly put together. Portions were perfect. Everything was incredibly fresh. Presentation was perfect. And the dishes are incredibly healthy too! The tiny white bean soup is without a doubt to-die-for. There is a Tapas dish of 4 items - 3 ceviches and a grilled popcorn shrimp which was so excellent i had to go back for it a 2nd night. The signature cocktails are delicious and i had the best banana caramel bread pudding ever. The bartenders both nights (i was dining alone and sat at the bar) were incredibly friendly and helpful and the service was perfect. Even the other guests at the bar were a joy to experience. I had the opportunity to meet one of their waitstaff too, she was equally kind and helpful. The location is great, right in old san juan (and a short walk from my hotel El Convento). I highly recommend it!

1  Thank pickytravellers2
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Last evening we dined at Marmalade Restaurant in Old San Juan. A most amazing experience, exquisite, relaxed, indulgent and healthy.
The service was most professional, detailed, informative and friendly. The atmosphere was sophisticated and super comfortable. The room was lit perfectly and the MUSIC sonically complimented the experience. The owner/chef Peter even stoped by our table to insure our experience was enjoyable.
We indulged in the 4 course wine pairing option and made sure as recommended to order differently to experience more of the creative items’ flavors. For sure next time in Puerto Rico we’ll be back and maybe twice.
Old San Juan reminds us of St Tropez, architecturally. And post Hurricane is thriving functioning and delivering a memorable experience. Puerto Rico (rich port) we love you!!!!!

2  Thank Thomas F