2,251 results
All reviews tacos butler service west tower biltmore suite greeted with champagne tequila restaurant replenished daily beautiful hotel infinity pool puerto rico turn down service ocean view old san juan five star hotel one bedroom suite the ritz carlton pool staff
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

I have been to the Vanderbilt on 2 other occasions, and everytime it was exceptional. Literally my favorite place to stay on the island.... But this time was by far my most memorable. It was a getaway with my husband where we got to soend some nice quality time, the hotel is so relaxing and tranquile that you just never want to leave. In this review I really want to emphasize how amazing the staff is- but especially butler services. Before even arriving for vacation, I wanted to set up a few special things for the trip. Butler services coordinator- Trinity Philips helped me coordinate some surprises for my husband, some amazing add ons for our suite, and even helped me plan a few extra things. Upon arrival our room had chocolate covered strawberries, wine and even a very specific cigar (my husbands favorite) that I asked if I could purchase. I’m not sure how they made this happen, but they did. And I am forever grateful. During my stay, Derril was our first butler. And to say he was amazing would be an understatement. He checked on me throughout the day to make sure I didn’t need anything, greeted my guest and I when we arrived, and was only one phone call away anytime I needed him. I also want to acknowledge our next butler, Angel..... truly an angel- he helped me when I needed a steamer for my dress (haha) and one night, while out to dinner he helped me by having the room decorated with beautiful white flowers and a complimentary bottle of champagne for my anniversary. These were memories I will hold dear to me forever. And just want to thank the Vanderbilt condado staff for their hospitality. Truly a grade A experience.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rnicolai86
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Stayed at the Condado Vanderbilt for the third time this past week, so clearly I like it. And for good reason. The service is amazing. The staff is genuinely friendly, responsive, and anticipatory in their service. The hotel and rooms are extraordinarily clean--housekeeping is perfect.

Good service can even make the mediocre food and drinks palatable. That's my only complaint this visit, the food and cocktail flavors fell flat nearly every time. The cocktails in particular lacked robustness and freshness. The pina coladas, the margaritas, even the mojitos were lacking and watery. Seems like some cost cutting is happening. Also, they don't use fresh ingredients for most drinks. All of the flavors are out of a carton. The lemon/lime juice was a combination of bottled lime juice, fresh, and water. It's pretty unacceptable for a hotel of this caliber.

Otherwise, a perfect stay.

Room Tip: The beach tower has better views. Spa tower has bay views, but also an unsightly parking lot next to the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay and the inside public spaces are handsome and gracious. The rooms are spacious and well maintained. There are several pools and all are pretty crowded and there isn’t much wait staff. Used glasses and plates are everywhere. So few staff members to set up chairs. Valets are great and quick to find you a cab. Breakfast was meh, same offerings for all five days we were there.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sam S
Reviewed 10 September 2018

This hotel is right up there with some of the best I've visited. I went for a girls weekend getaway with 4 other friends. The staff was super helpful, friendly and attentive. We had a flight many hours after checkout and we were able to spend the entire day at the hotel, using all of the facilities. We were given a hospitality room to shower and change later in evening. The accommodations were perfect including the most comfortable bed ever. The room supplied snacks, water and espresso free of charge and came by multiple times per day to restock. The pools were small but clean and warm with an Adults Only area. They were also open all night which is rare. I'd absolutely stay here again when in Puerto Rico.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank marissa v
Reviewed 10 September 2018

My husband planned and executed a surprise trip for me. It was fantastic! Our personal butlers, bellman and the overall congenialtiy of the staff was 5 star. We enjoyed our time together with the amazing views all over the hotel.

It was just perfect and left me wanting to go back.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family