“San juan Puerto Rico”
other travellers have booked this property
Perfect day on Ocean Park Beach, 5 min from the apartment
Master bedroom, queen size bed with memory foam mattress Another view of the master bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Perfect day on Ocean Park Beach, 5 min from the apartment
Master bedroom, queen size bed with memory foam mattress
Another view of the master bedroom
Large walk-in closet, hangers, iron and ironing board and a sewing kit
2nd bedroom, full size bed with memory foam mattress, window A/C unit
Another view of the 2nd bedroom
Twin size folding guest bed with memory foam mattress, available by request for the 5th guest
Inviting sofa for you to lounge on after a day at the beach
Welcome basket and issues of  the PR Tourism Association magazine, to help you plan adventure tours
Beautiful living room detail
Entryway table with some alcohol and sunscreen left by previous guests. Help yourselves!
Bathroom with full tub and shower and bath shelf with plenty of space for your toiletries
European style bathroom sink and storage cabinet. Towels and hand soap are provided
Fully equipped kitchen, stove, toaster, microwave oven and large fridge
Kitchen spice rack, Basic spices are provided, as well as local coffee and sugar
Balcony with wall fountain, overlooking Loiza Street
View from the balcony onto Maria Moczo Street
Fresh produce stand on Loiza Street
Kasalta bakery, 2 blocks from the apart, visited by President Obama during his trip to PR June 2011
Access point to Ocean Park, one block from the apartment, two blocks from the beach
Tres Palmas Surf Shop, for all your beach needs
Palm fringed Ocean Park beach, looking towards Punta Las Marias
Ocean Park beach, looking towards Condado
Sunny day on Ocean park beach
Creative Spanish cuisine, also a bar and terrace and lounge, popular with locals and tourists alike
Ashtanga Yoga Studio, 1 block from the apartment
Friendly locals waving at you from the convenience store across the street from the apartment
Bagua Restaurant, a half a block from the apartment. Delicious creative local cuisine
Cafe Tresbe on Loiza Street - yellow container turned foodtruck
Kamoli Cafe on Loiza Street - healthy eats, juice bar, vintage shop
Farmacia Americana on  Loiza St - drugstore, large selection of hispanic and Puerto Rican products
Libros Libres - 'Free Books', a great community project,  basically an open air self-service library
La Cueva Del Mar on Loiza Street - famous local restaurant with excellent fish and seafood
Public bus stop on Loiza Street, one block away from the apartment
24 hr Walgreens pharmacy on Loiza Street, one block away from the apartment
Topeka on Loiza Street, next to Walgreens, local supermarket
Cocobana Cafe on Loiza Street - vegetarian/vegan restaurant
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

nmassey99
Sacramento, California
“San juan Puerto Rico”
Reviewed 9 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Nice apartment/ condo. Very quite & comfortable. Carlos was very nice and accommodating. Highly recommended & affordable

expatsing
Montreal, Canada
“Wow”
Reviewed 10 May 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

We booked this place for a week with the family while in Puerto Rico. Dara has been great and answering our questions and our needs about the condo and the area. We were there with our 3 young kids.

This place is in a safe neighborhood, mainly locals, close to some of the best rated restaurants in San Juan, all walking distance! You are a 5 minutes walk from convenience stores, and most and foremost, 10 minutes walk from the beach! There is also a beach and surf shop on your way there. Chairs and Beach towels provided, beach was clean and safe, mainly with locals

Please note that there is no dining table in the condo, made it a little complicated for breakfast, but as most of our meals were outside that wasn't much of an issue.

I would definitely stay there again if I would go back to San Juan. Highly recommended :)

mbrokensh...
Memphis, Tennessee
“Diverse community”
Reviewed 21 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

The apartment was very clean and comfortable. We spent most evenings on the balcony watching the very colorful locals. The beach was only 2 blocks away, but there was a choice as only a short bus ride in either direction there were other beaches. There was an abundance of restaurants and shops on the doorstep, which sometimes was a drawback as it could be a little noisy. One suggestion, a table and chairs for eating in the apartment would be a nice addition. Good vacation overall. Carlos was a star.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The stores
Liked least: The noise
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
alexieveg...
Chicago, Illinois
“Carlos was an excellent host...but felt as the pics onsite were misleading”
Reviewed 17 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

I am going to be more then honest with my review. As I browsed the pics to this vacation rental apartment, it looked perfect. Spacious and very roomy. My interaction with Dara and Carlos was very professional...they were actually awesome and very professional (only met Carlos personally) I paid a total of $975 (which includes a deposit) for 6 days and I can honestly say, that it was NOT worth all of that money. First of all..when we pulled up to the building, the building looked all rusted, old and very dirty. I looked at my family and said, this cannot be it?! And sure enough it was. In order to get into the apartment, we had to unlock a security gate downstairs and walk up 3 flights of stairs (which reeked of Urine, I honestly felt as though I was walking into the projects, I am sorry for my bluntness, but being as sincere as i could). Once we reached the 3rd floor there was another gate that covered the door which you unlocked with a key and slid it over as if you were being locked up in a cell (best description) Upon walking into the place, it was EXTREMELY TINY and so Blah not as hip as it looked in the pictures on the website. This place looks huge in the pictures, but in all reality, it was not even half the size that was portrayed (false advertisement?). The kitchen was TINY, it was like a corner kitchen, two people in the kitchen was too much...you would not be able to move around. The beds, as showed on the internet, claimed to be a Memory Foam Mattress, but it just looked like a mattress that was rolled out of a closet (no good!) The rooms did not look half as cute as it did in the pictures. Also, there was a electricity jack behind the bedboard that was coming off the wall (in the smallest bedroom, hazard?.) The door to the "balcony" was rusted and kept getting jamb, hard to get in and out of the balcony. There were 2 tiny air conditioners one in each bedroom, which barely kept the house cool (even though the apartment was sooooo tiny, couldn't understand that logic?). Everything in this rental was very restrictive, meaning, more then one person in a room felt tight and uncomfortable. Space restrictive. The balcony stated to have a water fall...yet, the little water fall that was mounted on the wall wasn't even on (no water). I honestly felt as thought, $975 for this little, tiny space, was TOO MUCH...I honestly would not have paid more then $500 for my stay there. NOT WORTH THE MONEY AT ALL. I must be fair, and add, that Carlos was very hospitable, and extremely attentive, I would personally give him 5 stars hands down. But as far as EVER staying here again or recommending this vacation rental to a family member or friend, I would NEVER...family members came by to say there good byes, and were in utter shock to find out how much we paid to stay there, they referred to it as Highway Robbery, Deceit & False Advertisement. But on a lighter note, we did NOT stay in the apartment too much, basically just slept and showered there. And to be honest, this place, NEEDS TV's, I know that upon booking this vacation rental it stated no TV's, but in all reality, I would suggest, as a guest, that you guys really take that into consideration. Thank you Carlos for your hard work. attentiveness and kindness, it was a pleasure meeting you. That is all for now. I don't mean to sound harsh, but I know, that honesty in regards to a review is ALWAYS OF IMPORTANC. I would also recommend, that ACCURATE pictures of the rental and possibly dimensions be included, because it is a LOT smaller then the pictures that were posted. And possibly, a picture of the building itself, from the outside, because honestly speaking, If I would have seen a picture of the building prior to booking, I would have ABSOLUTELY NOT booked it. Have a blessed day, and a shout out once again to Carlos, for such great attentiveness and hospitality.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Ocean Beach was nearby. And Carlos was amazing.
Liked least: The whole rental, not what it was portrayed to be.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
24 Aug 2016
I would like to start by thanking you for the kind words about myself and Carlos and acknowledging the fact that you were treated with professionalism and courtesy.
Now I would like to address all of the issues you brought up, one by one:
- you paid 976 $, which included a 125 refundable damage deposit, which was refunded to you 7 days after you checked out and a 101.25 $ booking fee that was charged by Tripadvisor and that went directly to them,. The actual cost we charged you for your booking was 690 $ for 5 guests, 6 nights plus a 60 $ cleaning fee, so the cost per person was 23 $/day. I am sorry you feel as if you were a victim of "highway robbery and deceit" (your words), but 23 $/day per person is about the price you would pay for a bed in a hostel, so I think you are being extremely unfair to say the least.
-Your accusations of false advertising are completely out of line and I find them very upsetting, since the size of the unit in square feet is posted on the listing's page. If you had taken the time to read it in full and felt that the space was not adequate for your needs, you could have easily booked a bigger place. The photos are taken in the actual apartment and they are very accurate.
- The additional gate to the entrance of the apartment is an extremely common feature of architecture on the island and almost all of the apartments in condo buildings will display this feature. It is the first time a guest tells us they feel locked up in a cell, everybody else felt it was an extra layer of security at best.
- As stated on our listing's page, we are not offering a 5* resort experience, but an opportunity for guests to immerse in a genuine neighborhood of San Juan and experience life as a local. We clearly state in the beginning of the ad that the neighborhood is "a little rough around the edges, but it has character, and that's why we love it". I can only imagine that for you this means "walking into the projects". Again, had you taken the time to look up the neighborhood before you booked and had you felt it was not suitable for your needs, you could have easily chosen something more fitting.
- On the room card that we display in the apartment we kindly ask guests to notify us if there are any damages to the apartment and we would fix them right away, Throughout your stay you never once complained about a jammed balcony door or an electricity jack coming off a wall. Quite the opposite, when asked, you said everything was great and you were enjoying your stay. I am very sorry you experienced an inconvenience, but since you did not let us know about it, we did not have the opportunity to fix these issues on the spot. There was a total lack of communication on your behalf and we are not to blame for it.
- The reason we do not collect water and let it sit in the wall fountain is in order not to attract mosquitoes. All you needed to do was pour 2-3 pots of water in it, same as all previous guests who wanted to use the fountain, and it would have worked.
Your review is a subjective opinion and people have different tastes, but you are the only guest who felt we deserved a 1* rating. We have had nothing but 5* and only one 4 * review, so it is extremely disappointing for us that one person would feel we deserve this kind of rating.
Good luck in your future travels!
nik081020...
Apple Valley, California
“THE BEST EVER”
Reviewed 5 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Went to puerto Rico with my husband and my daughter, we meet with CARLOS HE WAS AWESOME , LOVE HIM , but we did not meet Dara , she was out of town, the place was great for us , walked to the beach from the appart mentioned like no exaggeration 2 minutes, they have beach chair's for us they have them in the apartment for any one ,and a cooler to put your snacks in, how wonderful that was , they had coffee to start us oil ,salt ,pepper shampoo, pappermint towel,towel for the beach , towels for taking shower, every thing was incredibly thoughtull,went with Carlos to eat ( pork on skewer ) . LOVE YOU GUYS YOU ARE THE BEST.
YOU ROCK
MARY AND FAMILY JUNE 16/2016

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$85
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing