“Magical place”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

I bought a groupon deal from a website called Gustazos here in Puerto Rico. The first thing I noticed is that no matter was a groupon the service was outstanding. The deal included an assortment of fritters and appetizer and two mojitos. My wow was for the mojitos ...i ask for the coconut mojitos and was out of this world...best mojitos in town.
After that day we went again with friends and had a wonderful time ...we ask for fish tacos and it was absolutely soooo yummy !!! Two visits already and of course I will continue going and bring family from the states to this place. They got charming movie theater 1950 decor and shows are from Thursday tru saturday diferents hours. Charming place!!!

Reviewed 18 November 2016

We had a large group of 13 people. We had to sit outside but it was a pleasant evening.

The drinks were fantastic. We had appetizer samples which were generous and delicious. MY wife and I enjoyed our steaks and others in our party got the house speciial rice with ribs.

My son, who is incredible picky, loved the croquetas,

Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

I just loved the mojitos here! The ambiance of the restaurant is very casual with such a great view to El Morro. They play movies inside they theater and if that's not something that you want you can just enjoy the outside seating, like myself, with your dog! Few place in PR are pet friendly and this is one of them, of course while seating outside. This is a repeat!

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

My wife and I Sat outside overlooking El Morro and the ocean as sunset. Had six Mojitos and appetizer during happy hour 5 to 7 for 34 bucks... Can't beat it for that... Not sure about having dinner there but for drinks at happy hour this is a great place

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Cinema Bar 1950 is a cozy spot in the Ballaja historical building in Old San Juan. The food is amazing, free popcorn and the biggest rum selection in the neighborhood. Ask for the Country Style rice ;) also look for theatre shows and movies that are presented in an old style small movie theatre in the back of the restaurant where you can eat and watch the show.

Natalia M, Public Relations Manager at Cinema Bar 1950, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

Dear Cristian G,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. It is within our best interest to provide our customers with great food and service, and that's why we are preferred among locals and tourists. Your satisfaction is our satisfaction, thank you for joining us and we hope to have you back soon.

Best Regards.