“We closed the rooftop for our event.”

Al Fresco Rooftop Wine Bar
Ranked #105 of 1,114 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: AlFresco is an intimate and exclusive locale in the center of Old San Juan. It features a cozy terrace perched atop a beautiful colonial building. Boards and fine wines are served with personalized, elegant service.
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Long story short, we reserved the entire place at Al Fresco Rooftop Wine Bar for our event. The Al Fresco team was ready for us. Food and drinks at the roof top are top notch and the prices are reasonable. Their chefs catered to our every need (call ahead if you have special requests). Bartenders Coraly and Antonio have more arms and legs than I care to count - they move around the bar like a well choreographed dance routine. They know their trade and know it well. They are fast, friendly, and will have you enjoying your special event or your routine dinner and drinks and dancing in no time at all. We got there with the list of 37 people. By the time our group had fully arrived I had lost count. All of my guests loved the place, the atmosphere, the music, the food, and the drinks. I truly recommend them for a date when in Old San Juan or for an all out event. Our event was a pre-wedding day/rehearsal day dinner. We had people from all over the Americas. People came to our event from as far south as El Salvador to as far north as Virginia and Maryland, and everywhere in between.

Truly an enjoyable place.

No I don’t work there and before booking our event I had never dealt with them. What I have stated here is true and they are truly deserving of every word. I wish all of them a prosperous future with the Al Fresco Rooftop Wine Bar. Special thanks to George, Coraly, Antonio and the chefs who made our event a reality. Thank you guys.
-Arturo

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

This is a great place to have a quiet drink whilst looking over the rooftops of old San Juan. It has a decent outdoor area but also an indoor area in the unlikely situation it rains. The cocktails are great especially the Mojitos.

Insta: Roshtravels

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I decided to try the rooftop wine bar outside. Get a bottle of wine while traffic fights it's way out of Old San Juan, enjoy the views the rooftop has to offer, and just take it all in. The views we're nothing special, we got to see just the buildings around us and the service was not good. After we ordered our bottle of wine we were ignored for the rest of the time. My husband had to get up and get our glasses refilled with water and when I asked for a menu to order food no one came to get our order. My husband thinks they were inexperienced, maybe new thrown in to this. As I watched throughout the evening the two girls appeared to not be able to multi task between tables. If you are on vacation and want a real experience, maybe some romantic views and atmosphere then this is not the place. Find somewhere else.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Easy walk in Old San Juan; great menu, fun rooftop atmosphere! Ribs specifically are amazing, but everyone was very happy with their meals!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We stopped here based on a recommendation from our front desk clerk and I'm glad we did! It's a beautiful venue, small, quaint and in a great location. The service was fantastic and the food was wonderful. We had three different meals (ribs, shrimp and chicken) and we had a hard time deciding who had the best food of the three. I would highly recommend a stop here when you are in town!