“Mmmmm!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Best seafood in San Juan!!! The fish tacos, fried red snapper, and fish sandwich were all delicious. Will be back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,153)

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Last week I’ve been brought to La Cueva Del Mar in Hato Rey. Excellent place, informal, cozy, simple but excellent food. Tried crab salad, tostones and fish & shrimp tacos. Everything was fresh and I liked it so much that I repeated at night with the crab salad to go. It’s an excellent choice for lunch in this area full of offices and because it opens til 9 pm there’s a good ambience to after hours.
Gentle attendants.

1  Thank rossanasangui
Reviewed 18 January 2018

If you find yourself in San Juan either on business or for a cruise make SURE that you add this restaurant to your "must-eats". Our hotel recommended it for a lunch place in Old San Juan and we loved it and had to come back the next night for dinner. The staff were EXCELLENT! The food even better! For lunch we had the fish tacos and coconut shrimp-- they were SO good! For dinner I had the Queen Snapper and it was one of the best fishes that I have ever tasted and I eat fish all over the world! We ask for a staff wine expert (it was a bit too casual to ask if they had a Sommelier) and he selected 3 perfect bottles for us. Can't wait to get back to La Cueva Del Mar!

1  Thank dennisrkilpatrick
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were in town for a wedding. A local had recommended this restaurant to us. We had fried calamari with a sweet Thai sauce. For dinner we had fish tacos. We had rice and beans as a side dish. Food and service was very good however the restaurant was extremely casual

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Food and service were great, yet I’m disappointed because restaurant owners know they shouldn’t be including taxes because of a temporary exemption and this is the second restaurant in Old San Juan doing it.