“Best lobster ever!”

Ranked #120 of 1,114 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Description: An outdoor dining plaza is the star of the show at Ostra Cosa, along with its scrumptious tropical cuisine, arts, crafts, live music, and entertainment.
Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

Came here with my girls and sister. I have to say it was far more than expected. I mean, I've been here before for a drink while the wife do some artesian shopping. This time I decided to have lunch here and went with the lobster. You pick one from the tank, tell them how you want it and just have a drink while the magic and beauty arrives. Everyone had to stop and say something about it. Is it good? Can I take a picture? Is it too expensive? Lol Meantime all I could think off was... I'm trying to eat can't you see? The staff are amazing even the owner took a break to stop by and see how we were doing. If you're visiting Old San Juan (which I know you will) stop by Ostra Cosa. You won't regret it.

1  Thank JGResto
Ostra C, Public Relations Manager at Ostra Cosa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2016

These are the moments that inspire us to create magic. We love to see when people get to know us and our culture through our food and hard work.

Thank you for being part of us... Hope to see you again :)

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

Delicious tapas and amazing house lemonade:) loved sitting in/outside and enjoyed the music. Had lunch here and it was great!

Ostra C, Gerente at Ostra Cosa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2016

We are glad you enjoyed the music and our food. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 26 May 2016

I was so hot and needed a refreshing drink. Long and behold I come across a restaurant and spot a bakery case with no, not pastries, coconuts! I went up to the bar and asked for two coconuts and Eric took a large pick(?) and made a small hole through each coconut to put a straw in.

Yes the coconuts were $5 each but well worth it! Fresh coconut waters tastes so good, nothing like the sunscreen tasting store bought coconut water.

Give it a try- and also, look cool walking around with a coconut! Stay hydrated! :)

Loved the canopy drapes and cooling breeze caught by this restaurant as well.

Ostra C, Gerente at Ostra Cosa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2016

We will make sure we have coconuts for your next stop! Warm regards!

Reviewed 21 May 2016

This is a great spot for outdoor dinner on a weekend. Their cheese crepe, and their ice cream is delicious!

Greetings Maria!

Our cheese crisp is one of our specialties, we invite you to try our covered tostones or our "new thing" Live Puerto Rican lobster among with other plates. See you around!

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

The minced conch empanada was amazing. The ceviche app was refreshing and light also Enjoy a fresh "Espinosa". He service was awesome!!

Ostra C, Gerente at Ostra Cosa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2016

Hi Jamie! We are happy to read this! How could we improve so the experience earn a 5 star?