“Relaxing meal!”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We came here for a nice, long night out. We started out by having a drink in the courtyard and listening to the singer. We moved inside for dinner. The setting is really romantic- they have music and dim lights, and lots and lots of red. We ordered escargots and the spinach salad as appetizers- both delicious. We got the linguini with shrimp and butternut squash raviolis for dinner. My husband loved the linguini but I wasn’t too impressed with my butternut squash ravioli- I thought they were a little undercooked and the sauce was just meh. For dessert we had cheesecake garnished with tropical fruits. The service was a little slow at times, but you can tell they’re really busy, and you can’t fault them for that!

Reviewed 29 January 2018

It's rather rare to find a relaxed Bistro, that serves fine food, with first class classic entertainment and good service to boot. Carli's to me stood out in Old San Juan as the way it should be done. It's not the cheapest place in town to eat but it's very convenient to everything, well done inside and out with dishes a step above most other places in the area. Piano entertainment was there with Carli himself playing both times we have visited. It was great to see a first class entertainer in a relaxed cozy space. He comes on at 8 most nights. Service was friendly and prompt. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

My wife and I came here for dinner during the street festival, badly in need of some quiet and pampered service. Carli's was just what the doctor ordered.

Our waitperson was an absolute gem. From the moment we walked in she treated us like royalty. Prompt service, friendly attitude, but informative and helpful - all that you'd want.

The food selection is good but not extensive, and the food quality was excellent. I tried some Mahi Mahi and my wife had spinach ravioli, and we were both very pleased. We split a bottle of what wine from a modest but suitable selection.

Although you'll pay more for dinner here, the prices were by no means exorbitant. For us the royal treatment and food quality were well worth it!

Oh and did I mention that Carli plays the piano while you eat!!

1  Thank jmasci
Reviewed 1 January 2018

We found Carli's on Open Table and decided to have Christmas dinner here. What a great choice! The food, wine, and service was amazing, and the atmosphere was perfect, especially after travelling on a plane all day. Be sure to check this gem out. There is live music most days of the week- one more reason to hang out at this great spot.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

My colleagues and I had a wonderful experience at Carli's last evening. The food was excellent, the service was efficient and friendly and the Mojitos prepared by Fausto were unanimously voted the best we've ever had. To top it off, Carli played some great jazz piano to add to the ambiance. Carli is a wonderful, attentive host and his bistro has become a "must stop" for us whenever we visit San Juan.

1  Thank Peter T