Hotel Miramar
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsold san juanpuerto ricolos pinosacross the streetrooftop deckfridge and microwavesmall hotelwalking distancecruise terminalfront desk clerkcondado areamagalitaxisupermarketkeyslagoonpr
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 February 2012

The neighbourhood might not be to everyone's liking, but this is the place to stay.
Very clean, very quiet and extraordinary people to welcome you.
The hotel has a 'bistro', but you will also find restaurants nearby.
Our room had a small fridge and microwave and there is a grocery store within walking distance.
The bus stops in front of the hotel and for 50 cents it will get you the Old San Juan terminal where you can catch the free trolley.
We stayed for 2 nights before cruising

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brasstess
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I have stayed in this hotel countless times in the past for business reasons, and it has never occured to me that I should properly write a review about my experience. I guess because most of my previous visits only spent a night or so at the hotel. Anyway, this time around, I did stay for 3 nights, so...
The staffs are very friendly and accommodating. Since I do not personally speak Spanish, they are willing to teach me a few words for me to get by. Great location, about 10 to 15 minutes away from Old San Juan. The bus stop is just a block away. A few restaurants and a supermarket (if you need grocery for an extended stay) are just up the block. The room is clean and roomy with microwave and refrigerator. I especially love the rooftop terrace. It offers a great view of the city and plenty of fresh air. The only concern seems to be the water in the shower. A few times, the water did not come out hot enough, well...it was not exactly cold, but I guess given the warm weather in PR, it shouldn't be much a problem. A great value for the overall experience and will stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
managerSanJuan, Manager at Hotel Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2012

Thank you for taking time to write regarding your hotel stay . We are always glad to hear from our guests and very happy to know that our staff delivered to your expectations and that you also found our location ideal for your needs.
Our location in the Miramar district puts you in the middle of the so called Golden Triangle, right at the intersection of 3 major expressways, at the entrance of the San Juan islet, and within walking distance of the Convention Center and Condado Beach.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

We found this hotel on Trip Advisor, read the previous reviews, and then booked it. It was an excellent choice. It is about a 10-minute bus or taxi ride to old San Juan and is in a nice business and residential mix neighborhood. The staff was very friendly and there is a restaurant attached to the hotel, and several others in the neighborhood. There also is a movie complex just up the block with first run films. Our room was large and very comfortable. Our only concern was a certain mustiness upon entering the room. We suspected the air conditioner filter needed to be changed. A couple of other guests that we talked to also noticed the odor. Overall, a very good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room because the hotel is located on Ponce de Leon, one of the main streets in San Juan with a lot of bus and auto traffic.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your hotel experience. We try hard to deliver the best hotel value in San Juan. As a boutique hotel we offer personalized service, attention to detail and amenities and accomodations that rival with hotels at the high end of the market..
It is very rewarding when our valued guests let us know t hat we are delivering on our promise.
Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 6 February 2012

I stayed here for one night after spending over a week on the East side of the island. I scored a great deal on hotwire and just needed a clean place to sleep. The hotel is a boutique-style hotel in Miramar, a residential area, which is about a 10 minute walk to Condado area. Hotel Miramar was absolutely perfect for what I needed! The public bus stop was right across the street and for .50, I took the M3 bus to Old San Juan where I spent the entire day walking and exploring. The front desk staff was friendly and very helpful with questions about Old San Juan, nearby dining, taxis, safety, etc.. The hotel is SO charming, there is a little sitting area on the lobby floor but away from the lobby area with computers for guests' use. There is a fitness center, laundry facilities and a very nice rooftop terrace offering sweeping views of the city. The rooms were very spacious and incredibly clean. This was the perfect simple accommodation for one night. My only complaints were that the water in my shower never got hot, only lukewarm and the bed was a little hard for me. Nevertheless, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room higher up for better views of the city.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for your kind comments and candid feedback. It is a pleasure to hear from our valued guests when they take the time to let us know that they appreciate our services, location and value as we strive to be the best hotel value in San Juan!
Thanks again and we look forward to your future stays.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Wrong information on the website 1800hotels.com. We stayed here the night before our cruise. This building is out of the town in a dim lit pot holed street even the taxi driver could not find it. Very old poorly furnished rooms and very poor standard bathrooms. This place is not what i would call a hotel. It is not in a good area and there is nothing around apart from residential flats with people hanging around on the streets etc. The manager tried to make all 4 of us adults stay in one room with an extra bed and then tried to charge us again for the room when we arrived, even though we had paid in full for 2 rooms. Avoid this place. I think it has been renamed to Miramar Apartments now.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Joobyloo1
managerSanJuan, General Manager at Hotel Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

We have asked Trip Advisor to remove this posting, as The Miramar HOtel is not associated with the Miramar Apts which is non endorsed property. We apologize for the confusion.. We ask that in the future such comments be reviewed prior to posting . Kin regards