“Pleasant Surprise”
Review of La Jaquita Baya

La Jaquita Baya
Ranked #38 of 1,092 Restaurants in San Juan
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We focus on reviving forgotten dishes from our delicious puertorrican gastronomic culture. We sponsor "lo nuestro" You should do it too. Eat local, Eat fresh!
Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

Marilyn was a delightful server who offered her expert opinion on authentic Puerto Rican cuisine. She did not steer us wrong. The fresh vegetables and pineapple salsa on the pork chop was amazing! The beef tenderloin was so juicy and flavorful it melted in your mouth. Dessert was the cherry on top of a great meal.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

My company took a group of customers to this location for dinner and didn't know what to expect as it was a recommendation. We were told it was excellent and to be honest it was everything we were told. The food was amazing. We tried many different appetizers and all were fantastic. I personally had the sword fish and can't say enough about it. The portions are not large but not small either. I would say they are just right. The taste makes you wish they were 10 times larger though. I cannot say enough about the food but the service was just as good. The server was fun and interacted well with our customers and made wonderful recommendations. I would very much recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting.

Reviewed 13 January 2017

Was delightfully surprised to finally try this restaurant and I wasn’t disappointed. Great service and local “farm fresh” foods (Organic Garden Salad: Not your plain lettuce, tomato, cucumber salad-- jam packed with much more and drizzled with ginger dressing)
Service, attentive and personable. I’ll be back soon….
Reservations a must.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

The food is excellent... I have visited this restaurant various time, whether on business or leisure. Everything I have ordered has always been on point. The creativeness of the chef is amazing. The staff is very knowledgeable of the food that is being served and are very friendly and accommodating.

Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

Excellent food in San Juan. Best I've had in 10 years coming to PR. The tapas are awesome. Make a reservation it's a small place